random endings

• Please log in to reply
31 replies to this topic

#1 soldierofthemoot

soldierofthemoot

• Members
  • 5 posts

Posted 28 November 2008 - 03:26 PM

Hi I was looking at one of the older  topics on this forum where someone bought up random endings or something similar that was in the older versions. So I was wondering if someone could post them up becuase I wouldn't mind them in my games.

#2 Rett

Rett

• Members
  • 8 posts

Posted 29 November 2008 - 12:33 AM

Version 2 had 'alternate endings' that came in one of the Expansions - The 1st to reach the crown would 'disclose'  what was the ending.

Horrible black void - BOOM ! Ya sucked out the void = Instant Loss

Pandoras Box - you would draw adventure cards and use them on other players

Dragon king - Str 12 or 18? I can't remember - Fight him or die

Demon Lord - was a Craft battle, similar to Dragon king

Crown of Command (usual ending)

Belt of Hercules -Would make your TOTAL Strength a 12, go fight and kill all other characters

#3 Django

Django

• Members
  • 19 posts

Posted 29 November 2008 - 01:55 AM

Rett said:

Version 2 had 'alternate endings' that came in one of the Expansions - The 1st to reach the crown would 'disclose'  what was the ending.

Horrible black void - BOOM ! Ya sucked out the void = Instant Loss

Pandoras Box - you would draw adventure cards and use them on other players

Dragon king - Str 12 or 18? I can't remember - Fight him or die

Demon Lord - was a Craft battle, similar to Dragon king

Crown of Command (usual ending)

Belt of Hercules -Would make your TOTAL Strength a 12, go fight and kill all other characters

Not at all...

BLACK VOID: You´re instantly dead...

PANDORAS BOX: When you enter Pandoras Box first roll a dice for spells. Then roll a dice for Adventure Cards. Every turn you get that many Adventure Cards and Spells to use it on your opponent.

DRAGONKING: There are six different scenarios on the DRagonking. You have to roll a dice which one comes... I´ve to look it up and will post it later...

DEMON LORD: Craft Battle. 12 Craft, 5 LP.

CROWN OF COMMAND: As usual...

BELT OF HERCULES: As posted. BUt the Belt was really to weak... So we played it as you get +12 in Strength.

#4 soldierofthemoot

soldierofthemoot

• Members
  • 5 posts

Posted 29 November 2008 - 06:20 PM

Thanks alot guys really appreciate it.

#5 Velhart

Velhart

• Members
  • 4,210 posts

Posted 18 March 2009 - 01:52 PM

I hope that FGG will produce the random ending cards again.

I like it to have a different ending card.

But off course. The dragon tower is better And i really hope that it will come back, to replace the center board !

#6 Velhart

Velhart

• Members
  • 4,210 posts

Posted 13 June 2009 - 11:28 AM

I think that the new type card that will come with the next  expansion( that goodenough mentioned) will contain the ending cards !!

This type card has not been seen yet in talisman revised edition, but they did not mentioned previous editions.

The next expansion will probably a small one,( so if you do not count the type cards for the region boards + tower, that means that the ending cards are the only one left that can be included in this expansion !

I keep my fingers crossed

#7 Old Master

Old Master

• Members
  • 263 posts

Posted 13 June 2009 - 12:55 PM

As Velhart said "it could be the comeback of the ending card" but as John mention, the next expansion will be toad related so I would expect some new type of "toad/fate cards"

But I'm not worried that the black void will be back soon

Cheer

#8 Velhart

Velhart

• Members
  • 4,210 posts

Posted 13 June 2009 - 01:28 PM

Old Master said:

As Velhart said "it could be the comeback of the ending card" but as John mention, the next expansion will be toad related so I would expect some new type of "toad/fate cards"

But I'm not worried that the black void will be back soon

Cheer

The spell cards will contain also toad spells....

If it would be a whole new type card, then they must say that it also not exist in previous expansions

#9 Velhart

Velhart

• Members
  • 4,210 posts

Posted 15 June 2009 - 12:23 AM

There is a lot of difference between the dragon king from 2th edition ) ending cards and the one from third edition.

It would be very nice if both versions are included in the 4th edition ) one with the ending cards and one with the Dragon Tower

Let´s take a look of them..

Dragon King

Strength 12 & Craft 12

You may choose to fight him with strength or craft whatever is highest.

If you do not win, you must leave the tower etc

Roll one die:

1: The Dragon King thanks you kindly for the meal, eats one of your followers and throws you into the Plain of Peril. Try again!

2: You must fight the King’s three younger brothers in normal Combat; each one is a Strength 9 Dragon and you must fight each in turn. If you lose you are thrown in the Plain of Peril. Try again!

3: You must defeat the King himself to win the game. He has a Strength of 12, a Craft of 12, and 5 Lives. You must fight a normal Combat and a Psychic Combat against him at the same time. If you lose all your Lives, he has eaten you and all your Followers, etc. You lose this game!

4: The King decides he really likes you and promptly flies off to eat your opponents at your request. Each of the other players must fight the King or be eaten. He will only attack one player at a time and always gets his Lives regenerated between Combats. If any player kills the Dragon King, they win the game. If all of the other players are killed, the player on the throne wins.

5: The Dragon King is soundly asleep atop his mountainous piles of treasure. Roll under your Craft to assassinate the King and win the game. If you fail your roll, the King awakes and eats one of your Followers, throwing you into the Plain of Peril.

6: You are in luck, the Dragon King is out to lunch! You take possession of all his treasures and magic and win the game!

#10 Dam

Dam

• Members
  • 7,300 posts

Posted 15 June 2009 - 12:27 AM

From what I've read, the Dragon Tower was/is a must for the 3rd edition, because the base-game had a horrible "Inner Region" (in that it didn't really have one, just some cards that were always the same, in the same order).

"A dirty mind is its own reward."

#11 Velhart

Velhart

• Members
  • 4,210 posts

Posted 15 June 2009 - 12:45 AM

The old pictures of the ending cards are:

Horrible Black Void, Belt of Hercules, Demon Lord, Dragon King, Crown of Command, Pandora's Box

Hopefully, we see them in the Future !

#12 Velhart

Velhart

• Members
  • 4,210 posts

Posted 15 June 2009 - 01:16 AM

Dam said:

From what I've read, the Dragon Tower was/is a must for the 3rd edition, because the base-game had a horrible "Inner Region" (in that it didn't really have one, just some cards that were always the same, in the same order).

Yes, that's right.

In the base game of third edition tower, you encounter the same cards and in the same order.

So.. it's not really interesting, but still better ( my opinion) than the Crown ending for 4th/2th ( except that pvp battle on the Crown can be a lot of fun

But 2th and 4th edition has also the same inner spaces, The only difference is that you can choose 2 routes..

------

So what's left are the ending cards and the Dragon Tower !

For me, the Dragon Tower is the ultimate ending but the ending cards are a great solution if you do not want the same Crown ending again and again.

If i am right, the Dragon King is the second part of the story that takes place after the Crown of Command..

#13 Old Master

Old Master

• Members
  • 263 posts

Posted 15 June 2009 - 01:28 AM

Dam said:

Yes, it was the icing on the cake as it was the last expansion for 3rd edition 

Cheer

#14 Old Master

Old Master

• Members
  • 263 posts

Posted 15 June 2009 - 01:36 AM

Velhart said:

Dam said:

Yes, that's right.

In the base game of third edition tower, you encounter the same cards and in the same order.

So.. it's not really interesting, but still better ( my opinion) than the Crown ending for 4th/2th ( except that pvp battle on the Crown can be a lot of fun

But 2th and 4th edition has also the same inner spaces, The only difference is that you can choose 2 routes..

------

For me, the Dragon Tower is the ultimate ending but the ending cards are a great solution if you do not want the same Crown ending again and again.

If i am right, the Dragon King is the second part of the story that takes place after the Crown of Command..

IMO the card endings from 2nd edition can simply be transform into treasure cards, good treasure, bad treasure the dragon king of 2nd and 3rd could be use to take the best element of both to make the ending of talisman 4re.

Velhart, you might want to peek at another thread that I started regarding the Dragon King and let me know your comment

Cheer

#15 Velhart

Velhart

• Members
  • 4,210 posts

Posted 15 June 2009 - 01:58 AM

Old Master said:

Velhart said:

Dam said:

Yes, that's right.

------

IMO the card endings from 2nd edition can simply be transform into treasure cards, good treasure, bad treasure the dragon king of 2nd and 3rd could be use to take the best element of both to make the ending of talisman 4re.

Velhart, you might want to peek at another thread that I started regarding the Dragon King and let me know your comment

Cheer

You mean the Dragon Expansion topic?

I have post there already and made that topic a interesting place

Take a look

#16 Velhart

Velhart

• Members
  • 4,210 posts

Posted 16 June 2009 - 04:29 AM

Old Master said:

Cheer

Nah,  i don't want the ending cards as treasure cards.Just keep them out of the game if i will choose for the tower expansion

Off course, you can choose to  add the options of 2th dragon king of the ending cards to the great dragon king of the dragon tower.

But i like it more if the Dragon King stays the same as he is ( from third edition)

#17 Velhart

Velhart

• Members
  • 4,210 posts

Posted 02 July 2009 - 11:03 AM

John Goodenough said in the second part of the interview that there will be some expansions that will feature end-game content

Maybe we get a new overlay for the inner region or the ending cards, or the Dragon TowerHaha

#18 Velhart

Velhart

• Members
  • 4,210 posts

Posted 19 August 2009 - 07:03 AM

So we finally got 3 endings for the main board...

-Crown and Sceptre..

-The Ice Queen

- And Walock Quests..

I wonder what they do...

One thing where i am wondering about is the Warlock Quests... 

If you must complete 4 quests and you have not  complete them when you are landing on the crown, it sounds like you must go all the way back..

That would be bad luck then...

Or one of them are already face up, but then you know what you get, and you can make a strategic for that...

I hope we hear something soon...

#19 Velhart

Velhart

• Members
  • 4,210 posts

Posted 05 November 2009 - 03:44 AM

I think i like to see Pandora's Box back.

It sounds fun to me, to cast 6 spells, and placing 6 adventure cards on a character

i am not interested in the other endings, except Dragon King, but that's another story..

Or maybe that we don't get the old cards back..

New endings are always welcome

#20 JCHendee

JCHendee

• Members
  • 2,811 posts

Posted 05 November 2009 - 04:38 AM

I've started looking into recreating some "retro" endings from the old days.  Once I get a template set up, they will begin to appear in the Home Brew section.

My group wants them as well but don't want to wait for if and when they'll be commercially released.

I will likely do all of them, so any group can choose for themselves which ones to use in a random draw... though I know my group will never allow the Void.

© 2013 Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc. Fantasy Flight Games and the FFG logo are ® of Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc.  All rights reserved.
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Contact | User Support | Rules Questions | Help | RSS