Photo

So how does this game work (or what we know so far)

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 vermillian

vermillian

• Members
  • 882 posts

Posted 23 July 2009 - 05:40 PM

It appears apparently that we already know how to play this game so far? Am I correct in assuming that Eric is done talking about basic mechanics? ... Did I miss something?

Do we know how to play this game kinda now?

#2 Killer Power

Killer Power

• Members
  • 43 posts

Posted 23 July 2009 - 08:04 PM

Well.. I think we got an basic idea of how the game will be played, but we don't know how attacking works, how many cards can be played in each of the zones, if there are timing rules for event (or similiar) cards etc.

So: Yes, I do think we know the basics by now but we don't know how this game will be played. ;)

#3 Ruvion

Ruvion

• Members
  • 758 posts

Posted 23 July 2009 - 08:44 PM

The basic card anatomy seems straight forward...I can guess that the numbered shield on character cards are attack or defense strength value similar to A Game of Thrones LCG character strength stat (mayhaps also doubling as hit points, since a unit can take more than 1 point of damage?), while the power icons (red hammers in the game...Sigmar's Hammer?) interact with specific zones in your Capital Board to give you more profit (resource to field/use cards) in the Kingdom zone, increase card draw in the Quest zone, or deal damage to units/capitals in the Battlefield.

I find that the elements pulled from Call of Cthulhu LCG, namely the loyalty icons boosting draft cost and cards sacrificed as development cards, are simply brilliant. Also love the idea that a unit can deal (proportional to its power icons) and receive (proportional to its strength number?) damage...this really captures the feel of RTS units hacking away at each other.

© 2013 Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc. Fantasy Flight Games and the FFG logo are ® of Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc.  All rights reserved.
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Contact | User Support | Rules Questions | Help | RSS