Want my old avatar in the new forum

• Please log in to reply
10 replies to this topic

#1 Moebius

Moebius

• Members
  • 248 posts

Posted 28 November 2008 - 03:39 AM

Hi boys, do you know how to do it? I tried but the page only allows me to choose an avatar from the list...

#2 Necrozius

Necrozius

• Members
  • 947 posts

Posted 28 November 2008 - 03:45 AM

Moebius said:

Hi boys, do you know how to do it? I tried but the page only allows me to choose an avatar from the list...

I feel your pain, but this feature is just not available here in the new forum.

Curses...

#3 aethel

aethel

• Members
  • 323 posts

Posted 28 November 2008 - 05:42 AM

What's equally annoying is that (near as I can tell) once you've clicked on an avatar, you can never go back to the blank avatar.

#4 DocIII

DocIII

• Members
  • 409 posts

Posted 28 November 2008 - 08:21 AM

Agreed.

Really the only things I like less about the new forums than the old are  1) Limited list for avatars (which means forced duplication after a certain point and if you're going to be the same, why bother to begin with) & 2) No PM feature on the new forums & 3) I liked some of the typing interface conventions (quote/endquote; urls; and whatnot having buttons )

I mean the new format is definitely prettier, and I like that it has sub forums and such, but moving to a new "better" forum while losing functions seems screwy.

#5 Alpha

Alpha

• Members
  • 23 posts

Posted 28 November 2008 - 11:50 AM

Other than that....I like the new forum overall. I do get pretty slow performance at times though. Anyone else experiencing that?

#6 Kage2020

Kage2020

• Members
  • 1,081 posts

Posted 28 November 2008 - 11:57 AM

I believe everyone is experiencing it, although there is some variation in the degree of slowness, i.e. glacial or geological, perhaps down to an eon.  

Kage

#7 Hellebore

Hellebore

• Members
  • 556 posts

Posted 28 November 2008 - 01:39 PM

I don't like that I can only edit my posts once before it stops me.  sometimes I really do need to go back and fix it multiple times...

Hellebore

#8 Kage2020

Kage2020

• Members
  • 1,081 posts

Posted 28 November 2008 - 02:05 PM

There is a solution to that, but it's practically useless.  As long as you don't refresh the page after you've posted it, you can edit your post for hours to come.  Of course, this means that you need to leave every reply open in a separate tab or browser window, leave your computer on al the time so that you don't lose the information, etc. 

Kage

#9 PM102

PM102

• Members
  • 29 posts

Posted 29 November 2008 - 10:50 AM

Kage2020 said:

There is a solution to that, but it's practically useless.  As long as you don't refresh the page after you've posted it, you can edit your post for hours to come.  Of course, this means that you need to leave every reply open in a separate tab or browser window, leave your computer on al the time so that you don't lose the information, etc. 

Kage

Trust you to come up with the simple ideas then

From the support page, it seems that custom avatars are something that they are working on, just give them time, says I.

#10 Card_Breaker

Card_Breaker

• Members
  • 937 posts

Posted 29 November 2008 - 02:09 PM

PM102 said:

Kage2020 said:

Kage

Trust you to come up with the simple ideas then

From the support page, it seems that custom avatars are something that they are working on, just give them time, says I.

^yay!^

Maybe one of the raffle prizes is a custom avatar! That would be something.

#11 Kage2020

Kage2020

• Members
  • 1,081 posts

Posted 30 November 2008 - 04:15 AM

Card_Breaker said:

Maybe one of the raffle prizes is a custom avatar! That would be something.

Something incredibly lame, yes. 

Kage

© 2013 Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc. Fantasy Flight Games and the FFG logo are ® of Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc.  All rights reserved.
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Contact | User Support | Rules Questions | Help | RSS