• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 Eddie

Eddie

• Members
  • 80 posts

Posted 27 November 2008 - 09:13 PM

Hi.

This might be a silly question, but does anyone know if the 1st printing is still available? I like the darker board and I'd prefer that one. Having 2 games of Arkham Horror also has the advantage to leave the expansions mixed with a base game.

#2 ColtsFan76

ColtsFan76

Rules Guru

• Members
  • 1,040 posts

Posted 27 November 2008 - 11:46 PM

Doubtful.  FFG usually does 2nd printings only after a game is sold out.  During the reprint process, all online stores are usually drained of their stock and most FLGSs as well.  You might happen to run across a 1st edition tucked away on some shelf in some FLGS somewhere but finiding it will be nigh impossible.

#3 Fecktor

Fecktor

• Members
  • 40 posts

Posted 29 November 2008 - 11:55 AM

You might want to try online auction sites, some might be sold there.  :)  When looking at the item's picture of the front box (hopefully they'll be one in the auctionned item's page), look at the lower right corner of the box, just under the Number of Players and Recommended Age text.  If there's a line there saying "REVISED PRINTING", it's the 2nd printing.  If there's nothing written, chances are it's the printing you're looking for :)  Anyway, you can always send the seller a message if you want to be sure.  Good luck!

#4 Eddie

Eddie

• Members
  • 80 posts

Posted 30 November 2008 - 12:32 AM

Thanks for the help.

Checked ebay and stuff like that. Problem is they use stock photos of the games so you can't be sure most of the time. Contacted a few but they all don't care enough to respond.

Amazon in Germany seems to have first editions. They have 2 different stock numbers so one of them should be a first printing. But I'm sure they'll send second printings if you buy either. I'll try to mail them to make sure.

© 2013 Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc. Fantasy Flight Games and the FFG logo are ® of Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc.  All rights reserved.
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Contact | User Support | Rules Questions | Help | RSS