Photo

Multiplay-mode, som good stuff for you who haven't tried it yet.

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 Mutant2089

Mutant2089

• Members
  • 46 posts

Posted 14 July 2009 - 05:09 AM

Hi,

I have tried a couple of times to play this great game in both a 3 player and also a 4 player mode. And it has worked out just great!

When playing 3 players, we played two vs one player with two placing their minins in the same deployment zone. They played two different factions (in this case, Capitol + Bauhaus vs. Algeroth) with 5/5/5 + 5/5/5 versus 10/10/10. With this constellation, the player who played solo did his two activations of two minis, as usual, but in the case of the co-ops, they only had one actiovation each - as if they where playing one faction together. They could differ who would activate his mini first though - for more flexibility. This was a good rule, since it needed the co-ops to talk and work togherther. Lots of fun!

We have also played the same way, 3 player, with Algeroth 6/6/6 + Algeroth 6/6/6 vs Brotherhood 12/12/12 - where the co-ops controlled one mutant troop led by Golgotha and the other one led by Alakhai! Nasty! And Capitol + Capitol vs. Bauhaus with the same 6 +6 vs 12 army building points.

When we played 4 players we did it 2 vs 2, in a human vs mutant/demon battle! With a slight modification, thoo = lots of corrupted brothers, led by Karak! ;D

We played Capitol + Bauhaus vs Algeroth and Ilian, in a 4 x 6/6/6 game, where Bauhaus where first player. We managed the playing order of activation of  two minis, that second player allways was a demon faction, followed by the other human and then the last demon faction. The 1st player was changed two times, and the same order of players followed so that Bauhaus allways was followed by the same demon player (in this case Ilian).

This worked out for us. And my friends absolutly love this game!

Now (here comes the altruistic social move), have you got any good or bad experiences playing 3 or 4 players???

Please share it.

#2 Mutant2089

Mutant2089

• Members
  • 46 posts

Posted 14 July 2009 - 05:20 AM

Oh, I forgot! We allways skip the option of winning by points. We allways play it until LAST MAN STANDING!!!

So, the victroy zones are only used for the tactics.

I recommend this. It takes a little more time, kills the anticlimax of winning with victroy points when the fun is at top! And it is great when there at the end is only minis from one (or two co-ops) of the factions left alive. What a triumph! At one point, only Nichodemus was left alone - the last man standing, after killing the last 3 Technomancers. LoL. Good game.

© 2013 Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc. Fantasy Flight Games and the FFG logo are ® of Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc.  All rights reserved.
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Contact | User Support | Rules Questions | Help | RSS