Jump to content



Photo

Trail Clearing, Disembarking, and Combat Rounds


  • Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 Aranion

Aranion

    Member

  • Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 12 July 2009 - 08:30 AM

We played FoD for the first time last night, and encountered some situations not covered by the rules and that we couldn't seem to easily extrapolate from them. Any input from the community would be welcome.

 

1. Disembarking

When Dracula disembarks, can he use a Power in the same turn? When Dracula or a Hunter disembarks, can they in the same turn do their Action phase, or is disembarking all they do? For example - Van Helsing embarks from Rome, sails the two zones to Valona, and disembarks. That's four turns; on that fourth turn, when he disembarks, can he draw an Event card for being in a city, or is disembarking all he's allowed to do that turn?

 

2. Clearing Dracula's Trail

When Dracula is allowed/ordered to clear his trail, can those cards/encounters be placed into the catacombs?

 

3. Combat Rounds

Is one combat round = one turn for each Hunter and Dracula? The rules, to me, are not clear if combat continues in the same turn until it's resolved, or only one die roll/card comparison happens per turn. Can a Hunter voluntarily leave a location where Dracula is? For instance - in the first round of combat, Van Helsing uses a knife and Dracula uses his fangs. Dracula wins the die roll. Does play then move to the next player/character, or does combat proceed into the second round and so on until resolved? Or does it resume, starting the second round, the next time Dracula's or Van Helsing's turn comes up?

 

 

 

 



#2 Dam

Dam

    Member

  • Members
  • 7,272 posts

Posted 12 July 2009 - 09:08 AM

Aranion said:

1. Disembarking

When Dracula disembarks, can he use a Power in the same turn? When Dracula or a Hunter disembarks, can they in the same turn do their Action phase, or is disembarking all they do? For example - Van Helsing embarks from Rome, sails the two zones to Valona, and disembarks. That's four turns; on that fourth turn, when he disembarks, can he draw an Event card for being in a city, or is disembarking all he's allowed to do that turn?

Powers are no-no, they basically replace movement (except Wolf Form and Double Back) and no Powers at sea. After disembarking, you have your normal Action phase.

 Aranion said:

 2. Clearing Dracula's Trail

When Dracula is allowed/ordered to clear his trail, can those cards/encounters be placed into the catacombs?

I think (too lazy to fish out my FoD) Catacombs is only for cards that drop off at the end, which isn't what clearing does. Not that I've ever used Catacombs, so...

 Aranion said:

3. Combat Rounds

Is one combat round = one turn for each Hunter and Dracula? The rules, to me, are not clear if combat continues in the same turn until it's resolved, or only one die roll/card comparison happens per turn. Can a Hunter voluntarily leave a location where Dracula is? For instance - in the first round of combat, Van Helsing uses a knife and Dracula uses his fangs. Dracula wins the die roll. Does play then move to the next player/character, or does combat proceed into the second round and so on until resolved? Or does it resume, starting the second round, the next time Dracula's or Van Helsing's turn comes up?

You fight until you get a kill or a combat ends, if VH moved to Drac's location in your above example, it's still VH's turn until the combat somehow ends.


"A dirty mind is its own reward."


#3 Nagypapi

Nagypapi

    Member

  • Members
  • 42 posts

Posted 16 September 2009 - 04:56 AM

1) Dracula can't use powers when he disembarks from water but can place an encounter in the city he disembarked to if there is no hunter there.

2) If Dracula clears his trail than he can't place those cards and encounters into the catacomb.

3) One combat round is basically the selection of the combat cards,  roll of dices, determining winner and applying the effect. Until you don't get a 'combat ends' result, you make combat rounds. The next player can only come after the actual combat ends.






© 2013 Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc. Fantasy Flight Games and the FFG logo are ® of Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc.  All rights reserved.
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Contact | User Support | Rules Questions | Help | RSS