RANTS

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 David Spangler

David Spangler

• Members
  • 271 posts

Posted 09 July 2009 - 07:46 AM

This isn't about a new game but a plea for a return to an old FFG custom:  the Rants, and I wasn't sure where to post it.

I know the energy went out of the rants towards the end with weeks and even months passing between one rant and another.  And I know that FFG has vastly expanded since then and everyone probably has tons more work just getting games into our eager hands.  But the Rants were a feature that differentiated FFG from many other game companies, giving your fans a sense of participation and communtiy and of the FFG staff as more than faceless designers and developers.  Information about FFG itself, about yourselves, about how games are designed, even fun, silly stuff, were always welcome and made us feel part of the company in some ways, not just consumers of its products.

I know Rants could be time-consuming and might show little profit on the bottom line, but I think the outreach to consumers as fellow gamers and friends is invaluable. I would like to see the Rants resumed on a regular basis.

#2 Torbal

Torbal

• Members
  • 214 posts

Posted 10 July 2009 - 11:42 AM

Ah, the good old days. I can remember when we would start a rant to get a new Rant posted, and within a day or so we'd get our whining listened to.

At least FFG is getting better about posting new news item on a much more regular basis.

© 2013 Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc. Fantasy Flight Games and the FFG logo are ® of Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc.  All rights reserved.
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Contact | User Support | Rules Questions | Help | RSS