Photo

If we can't have custom avatars, can we make some requests?

• Please log in to reply
10 replies to this topic

#1 talismanisland

talismanisland

Harbourmaster

• Members
  • 1,894 posts

Posted 27 November 2008 - 11:31 AM

Well, as it says... maybe people will be happy with a greater assortment of avatar choices.

My vote is for Fairisle from GOT... well, because you see, it's an island and all....

Harbourmaster at Talisman Island - 15 magical years and counting!

Sometimes I even update the Talisman Island Facebook Page!

#2 Maxime

Maxime

• Members
  • 32 posts

Posted 27 November 2008 - 05:46 PM

Investigators and GOOs for Arkham Horror would be great... The game has only 7 Avatars available I think, yet it's the game with the highest ratings for owners AND favorite game on the site.

#3 theanimaster

theanimaster

• Members
  • 4 posts

Posted 28 November 2008 - 01:57 AM

Huh? What's this? Is that definite? No avatars?

why wasn't the other thread locked then??

Well, if we can't have our own avatars... at least have some characters from the World of Warcraft!

#4 Maxime

Maxime

• Members
  • 32 posts

Posted 28 November 2008 - 04:01 AM

theanimaster said:

Huh? What's this? Is that definite? No avatars?

No, in fact there's been no word at all from FFG about the forums. Nada. Rien du tout.

But for the moment they simply seem to be adding more Avatars to the available ones, so I'm hoping they would take a look at this to make their next choices... Yet for me, it doesn't resolve the issue of custom Avatars, which are still necessary.

#5 talismanisland

talismanisland

Harbourmaster

• Members
  • 1,894 posts

Posted 29 November 2008 - 07:54 AM

I just posted this to the Talisman forum, but I might as well make the appeal here too...

It seems that the Edge Entertainment forums (the basis for these new FFG ones) already have a fine selection of Talisman avatars to choose from.

Any chance we can have them too?

Harbourmaster at Talisman Island - 15 magical years and counting!

Sometimes I even update the Talisman Island Facebook Page!

#6 ColtsFan76

ColtsFan76

Rules Guru

• Members
  • 1,040 posts

Posted 29 November 2008 - 09:36 AM

It also seems that the Edge forum does not have custom avatars.  So maybe it is not feasible on here.

#7 Card_Breaker

Card_Breaker

• Members
  • 937 posts

Posted 29 November 2008 - 01:51 PM

I request avatars that aren't just a fragment of cards for the KHTCG.

#8 Roxas

Roxas

• Members
  • 2,229 posts

Posted 29 November 2008 - 08:48 PM

I actually like the avatar I have, but custom ones would be nice so i could use my Roy Mustang avy.

#9 Joram

Joram

• Members
  • 289 posts

Posted 30 November 2008 - 05:34 AM

Roxas said:

I actually like the avatar I have, but custom ones would be nice so i could use my Roy Mustang avy.

One of the problems with non-custom Avatars is that a half a dozen other people may decide they like that Avatar too...

#10 Roxas

Roxas

• Members
  • 2,229 posts

Posted 30 November 2008 - 07:58 AM

Joram said:

Roxas said:

One of the problems with non-custom Avatars is that a half a dozen other people may decide they like that Avatar too...

I know, but god I hope not. It would be like it is now. I'd think I posted something from the pic. lol.

But in all seriousness, custom avys would be nice, or they would have to add in a lot of other avys which would slow the site down more.

#11 The Warp

The Warp

• Members
  • 312 posts

Posted 01 December 2008 - 02:36 AM

It is a bit sad to have a limited selection of avatars... it means there will certainly be other users with the same one, which isn't a HUGE concern, but it does get a little confusing at times.  

My question is, why no Cosmic Encounter avatars at all?   It's in the Games Library, so how come not in the Avatar Library....  50 aliens to choose from (and a nice big avatar of The Warp, please). 

© 2013 Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc. Fantasy Flight Games and the FFG logo are ® of Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc.  All rights reserved.
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Contact | User Support | Rules Questions | Help | RSS