Sam's base game ability in Friends & Foes

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 Anvil

Anvil

• Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 27 November 2008 - 04:29 AM

If Sam rolls the die and gets the "Reveal 2 Foes" result, does he reveal only 1 foe instead?

As an extension of his "give up only one card" rule in the base game, it seems the answer would be "yes" but I'm looking for offical clarification

Thanks

Ray

#2 Joram

Joram

• Members
  • 289 posts

Posted 27 November 2008 - 05:48 AM

Well, I'm not official, but I say Yes. You only reveal one foe. Sam's ability is to ignore all but one icon on the die. This means that he ignores all but one of the rectangular box icons.

#3 Sam Gamgee

Sam Gamgee

• Members
  • 50 posts

Posted 29 November 2008 - 07:50 AM

Joram said:

Well, I'm not official, but I say Yes. You only reveal one foe. Sam's ability is to ignore all but one icon on the die. This means that he ignores all but one of the rectangular box icons.

Might not be official but the answer is dead on. I'm sure its covered in the rulebook somewhere.

#4 Joram

Joram

• Members
  • 289 posts

Posted 29 November 2008 - 06:16 PM

Sam Gamgee said:

Joram said:

Might not be official but the answer is dead on. I'm sure its covered in the rulebook somewhere.

There you are. Sam himself has shown up to clarify things. If anyone knows, it would be him.

© 2013 Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc. Fantasy Flight Games and the FFG logo are ® of Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc.  All rights reserved.
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Contact | User Support | Rules Questions | Help | RSS