My brother recently said "This [Dark Heresy] is sort of... becoming... an obsession for you isn't it?" My reply was "What do you mean sort of? Haven't you noticed that I bring it up in almost every conversation?" It's true. Sometimes I'll just be standing there, behind someone, armed with a rulebook and some notes, grinning and staring into the middle distance.
They tell me I have a "problem" (but they don't realise that I can give it up whenever I want). But I wonder if I'm alone?
You know you've played too much Dark Heresy when...
1) Answering the telephone at work, you say "Adeptus Mechanicus...?" instead of "IT Support...?" You also blame most problems on "unruly machine spirits", much to the bafflement of your co-workers.
2) Everywhere you go, you carry an imaginary bolt pistol or chainsword.
3) When passing a church, or other religious building, you wonder how the worshippers' within will react when the Imperium arrives to reclaim this planet and turn their beliefs into Imperially scantioned cults.
4) All your friends can hear while you're playing Gears of War 2 on co-op with them is "FOR THE EMPEROR!" and, when you find the flamethrower, "BURN THE HERETIC! BURN THE MUTANT! BURN THE XENOS!"
5) Your most debated subject amongst friends is the noise las weapons make.