World War Z

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 David Spangler

David Spangler

• Members
  • 270 posts

Posted 28 June 2009 - 08:09 AM

World War Z is a New York Times bestseller by Max Brooks.  Subtitled An Oral History of the Zombie War, it is one of the best zombie books ever writter, a collection of "eye-witness accounts" to a world war that comes close to eradicating humanity as a virus reanimates corpses.  A movie, with script by J. Michael Straczynski, the creator and author of the sci-fi epic Babylon 5 and directed by Marc Forster who did the last Bond flick Quantum of Solace, is in the works for release next year and all reports I've found indicate it will be a blockbuster.  Concept art, depecting the "Battle of Yonkers" as the US military attempts to stem the hordes of zombies flooding out of New York City can be seen at http://io9.com/51405...tle-of-yonkers.

I think this would be a terrific topic for a card-driven, strategic planetary war game, even one with solo play much like Pandemic. Cards could depect all the graphic horror and--dare I say it--loveliness of zombies on the march, and the game could pit a zombie player, whose numbers grow throughout the game as the increasing numbers of dead reanimate vs human players who try to create safe zones through technology and find a cure to the virus.  Whole countries disappear, cities are destroyed, armies overrun, humanity on the brink of extinction, a planetary conflict greater and more fantastic than WWII...what could be more fun?

With the book on the bestseller lists and a great movie on the way, why not a fabulous FFG game as well to stand as the greatest zombie game ever made?

#2 Feldrik

Feldrik

• Members
  • 117 posts

Posted 02 July 2009 - 01:50 AM

It would be grimm, intense and wonderful if done properly...I voteyes to WWZ!

© 2013 Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc. Fantasy Flight Games and the FFG logo are ® of Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc.  All rights reserved.
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Contact | User Support | Rules Questions | Help | RSS