Anyone else have a problem with "Mark Topics as Read"

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 Dark Young

Dark Young

• Members
  • 92 posts

Posted 23 June 2009 - 04:12 PM

I was not sure where to post this but no matter what I do my forums always show the "CoC General Discussion" forums as having new topics. I've tried clearing it with "Mark Topics as Read" but is still stays the same. Not a big problem, just an annoyance. Anyone else have a similar issue?

#2 jhaelen

jhaelen

• Members
  • 2,052 posts

Posted 23 June 2009 - 10:04 PM

Dark Young said:

I was not sure where to post this but no matter what I do my forums always show the "CoC General Discussion" forums as having new topics. I've tried clearing it with "Mark Topics as Read" but is still stays the same. Not a big problem, just an annoyance. Anyone else have a similar issue?

AFAIK, everyone has that issue. Consider it a feature...

#3 newager

newager

• Members
  • 63 posts

Posted 23 June 2009 - 11:23 PM

Yup, same problem here.

#4 Knuckles Eki

Knuckles Eki

• Members
  • 640 posts

Posted 29 June 2009 - 02:26 AM

Same, in other forums too

#5 KallistiBRC

KallistiBRC

• Members
  • 322 posts

Posted 25 July 2009 - 03:55 PM

Found a way to fix this.

Use the nav at the top (You are here: FFG Forums / Living Card Games / Call of Cthulhu LCG) and click on the Living Card Games link.  After that, click on the "Mark Forums as Read" button on *that* page.  (The page where it shows the three current LCG games).  It'll take a bit of time, but eventually it will go ahead and mark them all as read.

No clue why, but it seems to work.  Just another fun "feature" of these forums.

#6 KallistiBRC

KallistiBRC

• Members
  • 322 posts

Posted 25 July 2009 - 03:56 PM

Note:   This will mark *everyhing* as read, so make sure you're up to date before you do it.

Wheee

#7 newager

newager

• Members
  • 63 posts

Posted 26 July 2009 - 09:05 AM

Thanks, it worked!

© 2013 Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc. Fantasy Flight Games and the FFG logo are ® of Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc.  All rights reserved.
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Contact | User Support | Rules Questions | Help | RSS