Fortress America

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 David Spangler

David Spangler

• Members
  • 270 posts

Posted 22 June 2009 - 12:11 PM

As we may never get to see Reins of Power (darn!--though I'm still hoping), it would be nice to see a Fortress America remake (especially as they're remaking the movie Red Dawn for release sometime in the next couple of years).  This was my favorite of all the MB games.  It should be updated to take in the new geopolitical situation in the world, new technology, etc (perhaps including cyberwarfare), but overall the basic structure of the game would stay the same.  I always found this a tense, exciting contest with the game often not decided until the last die roll of the last turn.  Fantastic fun.

For that matter, why not a similar game based on cyberwarfare; a player wins by shutting down all the essential elements of an opponents infrastructure:  economy, power grid, transportation, etc, by hacking into their computer nets.  Given that America is being attacked constantly and President Obama has just created a new cyberdefense agency, it would seem this would make for a very timely game.   Cyberfortress America!

#2 OldUrmel

OldUrmel

• Members
  • 38 posts

Posted 24 June 2009 - 07:39 AM

Count me in !! I loved Fortress Amerika and always prefered it instead of Axis and Allies .... But I don´t think that MB is going to release any remakes soon ... Hope also for a new release of MB´s Shogun (later called Swords)

#3 Old Master

Old Master

• Members
  • 254 posts

Posted 30 June 2009 - 02:25 PM

Why not go all the way and call it "Cyberfortress World" and get a board that as more than just north america  on it!

Cheers

© 2013 Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc. Fantasy Flight Games and the FFG logo are ® of Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc.  All rights reserved.
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Contact | User Support | Rules Questions | Help | RSS