Forum Points system?

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 Space Monkey

Space Monkey

• Members
  • 287 posts

Posted 20 June 2009 - 09:31 PM

Sorry for posting this here, but I couldn't find another Forum subsection that was as suitable as the "General" tab, and I can't start my own General subsection.

I was wondering is there somwhere on the site that explains how you get Forum Points? I notice I have 50 but some people have over 1000!

Is there a trick to it or do you only get them for starting a thread of your own?

Thanks!

#2 Old Master

Old Master

• Members
  • 253 posts

Posted 21 June 2009 - 11:00 AM

Space Monkey said:

Sorry for posting this here, but I couldn't find another Forum subsection that was as suitable as the "General" tab, and I can't start my own General subsection.

I was wondering is there somwhere on the site that explains how you get Forum Points? I notice I have 50 but some people have over 1000!

Is there a trick to it or do you only get them for starting a thread of your own?

Thanks!

Hi Space Monkey,

There is a sub-section called "Point reward system" or such when you register to the web site but they specifically mention not to ask  as Quote" it is secret and will remain secret" but I guess asking anyway can't hurt

Cheer

#3 Space Monkey

Space Monkey

• Members
  • 287 posts

Posted 22 June 2009 - 10:15 AM

Ah, fair nuff.

Thank you for sharing your wisdom with me, Old Master! (Wow! I feel like I'm in an old kung fu movie!)

#4 Jakews

Jakews

• Members
  • 201 posts

Posted 06 August 2009 - 01:36 PM

I don't know how it works either, but I think it is based on the substance of your posts and not your quantity. Either way, keep involved and keep posting. I leave reading all the ideas in these forums.

#5 David Spangler

David Spangler

• Members
  • 270 posts

Posted 09 August 2009 - 02:12 PM

Uh oh.  Having asked about That Which Must Not Be Revealed, keep checking to make sure you don't begin to mysteriously lose points... until you just, well, disappear.....

#6 JerusalemJones

JerusalemJones

• Members
  • 1,716 posts

Posted 16 August 2009 - 05:49 AM

Well, there are a few ways to gain points:

Each Friend is worh 1 point.

The first time your post in a section is worth 5 points. The first time you start a new thread in a section is worth 5 points.

You can occasionally get bonus points, for reasons unknown (that happened to me the other day, after I posted a comment on an article).

Some folks get bonus points. Don't know how or why.

FYI, at this point there is one person with over 10000 points. I have no idea how that happened. And it happened very recently.

© 2013 Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc. Fantasy Flight Games and the FFG logo are ® of Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc.  All rights reserved.
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Contact | User Support | Rules Questions | Help | RSS