Jump to content



Photo

What new characters would you like to come in future expansions ?


  • Please log in to reply
88 replies to this topic

#1 Mr. Brogger

Mr. Brogger

    Member

  • Members
  • 479 posts

Posted 19 June 2009 - 07:04 AM

We know that the largest and smallest character will come in the next expansion.

Many think that the minotaur will be the large - what do you think ?

I would also like the Orc to come in next expansion, and have wondered what skills he

will be given.

Until now I have just made up an Orc (below) in Strange Eons. Just until the official orc comes. (hopefully)

Orc picture

What other characters would you like to see in the next or future expansion ?

And do you have a qualified gues (maybe from older Talisman versions) what the Orc skills will be (If he will come) ?

 



#2 Old Master

Old Master

    Member

  • Members
  • 258 posts

Posted 19 June 2009 - 08:45 AM

Well, minotaur was the biggest mini in 3rd edition (not counting the dragon kingwhich sitting on his dragon tower was huge)

I wouldn't mind seeing some giants with a giants region, giant characters and giants enemy adventure cards golems could be introduce too

Big devils and elementals comes to mind also, shady female vampire.

Ha, it would be funny to see a giant character being reduce to a toad for 3 turn

Or then again, seeing a very tiny character getting bigger because he is transform into a toad

Asfor regular character, i hope they will re-introduce archers in talisman.

Cheer



#3 Velhart

Velhart

    Member

  • Members
  • 4,210 posts

Posted 19 June 2009 - 11:40 AM

Old Master said:

Well, minotaur was the biggest mini in 3rd edition (not counting the dragon kingwhich sitting on his dragon tower was huge)

I wouldn't mind seeing some giants with a giants region, giant characters and giants enemy adventure cards golems could be introduce too

Big devils and elementals comes to mind also, shady female vampire.

Ha, it would be funny to see a giant character being reduce to a toad for 3 turn

Or then again, seeing a very tiny character getting bigger because he is transform into a toad

Asfor regular character, i hope they will re-introduce archers in talisman.

Cheer

We have already a stone golem enemy that are in the Reaper expansion

Minotaur is indeed the largest miniature.

The smallest is the Leprechaun

i hope they will include the bows in the city expansion !



#4 Velhart

Velhart

    Member

  • Members
  • 4,210 posts

Posted 19 June 2009 - 11:44 AM

Hi Mr Brogger,

The art of the Orc looks very good



#5 cjlow10

cjlow10

    Member

  • Members
  • 9 posts

Posted 19 June 2009 - 12:17 PM

I would like to see the Beastman and/or the Vampire!



#6 Velhart

Velhart

    Member

  • Members
  • 4,210 posts

Posted 19 June 2009 - 12:36 PM

cjlow10 said:

I would like to see the Beastman and/or the Vampire!

Beastman and Vampire are not actually new characters to the game..

There is a nice topic for second and third characters, but you have post there already

www.fantasyflightgames.com/edge_foros_discusion.asp



#7 Old Master

Old Master

    Member

  • Members
  • 258 posts

Posted 19 June 2009 - 02:25 PM

Velhart said:

Old Master said:

 

Well, minotaur was the biggest mini in 3rd edition (not counting the dragon kingwhich sitting on his dragon tower was huge)

I wouldn't mind seeing some giants with a giants region, giant characters and giants enemy adventure cards golems could be introduce too

Big devils and elementals comes to mind also, shady female vampire.

Ha, it would be funny to see a giant character being reduce to a toad for 3 turn

Or then again, seeing a very tiny character getting bigger because he is transform into a toad

Asfor regular character, i hope they will re-introduce archers in talisman.

Cheer

 

 

We have already a stone golem enemy that are in the Reaper expansion

Minotaur is indeed the largest miniature.

The smallest is the Leprechaun

i hope they will include the bows in the city expansion !

Hi Velhart,

If you check, my spelling for golems is plural, sorry but one golem is not enough for me , so it goes also for giants, devils,elementals,archers.

Giants and elf archers would make great new characters but the best would be a high level devil

Cheer



#8 Mr. Brogger

Mr. Brogger

    Member

  • Members
  • 479 posts

Posted 19 June 2009 - 07:11 PM

Thank you Velhart - I just google the art

 

Cheers



#9 Mr. Brogger

Mr. Brogger

    Member

  • Members
  • 479 posts

Posted 19 June 2009 - 07:14 PM

I have a new candidate for the large mini: Treeman



#10 Velhart

Velhart

    Member

  • Members
  • 4,210 posts

Posted 19 June 2009 - 10:25 PM

Old Master said:

 

Velhart said:

 

Old Master said:

 

Well, minotaur was the biggest mini in 3rd edition (not counting the dragon kingwhich sitting on his dragon tower was huge)

I wouldn't mind seeing some giants with a giants region, giant characters and giants enemy adventure cards golems could be introduce too

Big devils and elementals comes to mind also, shady female vampire.

Ha, it would be funny to see a giant character being reduce to a toad for 3 turn

Or then again, seeing a very tiny character getting bigger because he is transform into a toad

Asfor regular character, i hope they will re-introduce archers in talisman.

Cheer

 

 

We have already a stone golem enemy that are in the Reaper expansion

Minotaur is indeed the largest miniature.

The smallest is the Leprechaun

i hope they will include the bows in the city expansion !

 

 

Hi Velhart,

If you check, my spelling for golems is plural, sorry but one golem is not enough for me , so it goes also for giants, devils,elementals,archers.

Giants and elf archers would make great new characters but the best would be a high level devil

Cheer

 

 

If archers should participate in Talisman, then they must bring the bows back

Anyway, it's a shame that the normal elf from base game, has not a bow( bow weapon from third edition)

But FFG can still make a bow shop in the city expansion

i see Giants, Devils and Elementals more as enemies than characters.

Anyway, we have a long way to go, if we want all the characters from second and third edition

PS: have you seen my response on the dragon topic

 



#11 cjlow10

cjlow10

    Member

  • Members
  • 9 posts

Posted 20 June 2009 - 01:19 AM

Velhart,

I appologize. I am still new to Talisman. I was introduced to it a couple months ago and bought it.



#12 Velhart

Velhart

    Member

  • Members
  • 4,210 posts

Posted 20 June 2009 - 01:43 AM

cjlow10 said:

Velhart,

I appologize. I am still new to Talisman. I was introduced to it a couple months ago and bought it.

Hi Cjlow,

No worries.

I hope you enjoy the Talisman forum here, and take a look around

 



#13 Mr. Brogger

Mr. Brogger

    Member

  • Members
  • 479 posts

Posted 20 June 2009 - 04:12 AM

Here is some characters from 3th. edition Talisman that we have not yet seen in 4th. edition

Could be awsome just selling the Hag, Jester etc.

Wampire is pretty munc like the Goul in 4th. edition



#14 Velhart

Velhart

    Member

  • Members
  • 4,210 posts

Posted 20 June 2009 - 05:21 AM

I have played with the Vampire in Third edition.

The Vampire is too overpowered.

Those characters where included in a White Dwarf magazine

Anyway...that are not actually new characters

The Dragon Rider is a good character for the Dragon expansion

With the Dark Elf, you cannot sell the Hag, Jester or Poltergeist because you discard them at your free will 

------------

Mr. Brogger:

Did you know that you can also make the pictures smaller

 



#15 Mr. Brogger

Mr. Brogger

    Member

  • Members
  • 479 posts

Posted 20 June 2009 - 05:37 AM

You are right with the dark elf

And yes I know pictures can be smaller, but I made them this size so you could read the cards. The missing part is not so important

 

Cheers



#16 Velhart

Velhart

    Member

  • Members
  • 4,210 posts

Posted 20 June 2009 - 05:45 AM

I really hope to see the Vampire, Dragon Rider and Dark elf returns in the 4th edition

They are 3 favorite characters of mine, but i have never played with the Dragon Rider because we have no figure for it and there are not so many dragons in third edition.



#17 Old Master

Old Master

    Member

  • Members
  • 258 posts

Posted 20 June 2009 - 06:51 AM

Well, thanks Velhart and Mr. Brogger, it seems that we all agree that there should be more dragons, vampires and dark elf archers in Talisman

The treeman suggest by Mr. Brogger would be interesting too, my only worry would be for movement, tree don't move very fast and I think that if you limit the treeman to a movement of 1 or 2 to be somewhat realistic then we would need special dice for it's movement. I would be game to play it but I'm not sure it would be a popular character

So Velhart, you woulnd't like to play as a giant or a big bad devil? of course a devil overlord and several devil  minions and giants should make an apperance in the adventure deck 

BTW I will look at your response on the dragon topic

Cheer



#18 Mr. Brogger

Mr. Brogger

    Member

  • Members
  • 479 posts

Posted 20 June 2009 - 08:42 AM

Old Master said:

The treeman suggest by Mr. Brogger would be interesting too, my only worry would be for movement, tree don't move very fast and I think that if you limit the treeman to a movement of 1 or 2 to be somewhat realistic then we would need special dice for it's movement. I would be game to play it but I'm not sure it would be a popular character

I think the treemans movement could be one of his special abilities. Ex. a dice roll: 1-4 the treeman moves normal; 5-6 the treeman encounters same space he is in or something like that.

 

cheer



#19 Velhart

Velhart

    Member

  • Members
  • 4,210 posts

Posted 20 June 2009 - 10:42 AM

Old Master said:

Well, thanks Velhart and Mr. Brogger, it seems that we all agree that there should be more dragons, vampires and dark elf archers in Talisman

So Velhart, you woulnd't like to play as a giant or a big bad devil? of course a devil overlord and several devil  minions and giants should make an apperance in the adventure deck 

BTW I will look at your response on the dragon topic

Cheer

Haha

well...i think that Giants and Devils must be enemies for the adventure deck

Devil overlords are always welcome

I am also hoping for a Lamia enemy adventure card

I am still waiting for the Cyclop adventure card and many others for the main board

 

 

 



#20 lucky roller

lucky roller

    Member

  • Members
  • 15 posts

Posted 20 June 2009 - 05:20 PM

Mr. Brogger said:

Here is some characters from 3th. edition Talisman that we have not yet seen in 4th. edition

Could be awsome just selling the Hag, Jester etc.

Wampire is pretty munc like the Goul in 4th. edition

Kewl! Thanks for posting!






© 2013 Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc. Fantasy Flight Games and the FFG logo are ® of Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc.  All rights reserved.
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Contact | User Support | Rules Questions | Help | RSS