So what's the scoop?

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 Vespers

Vespers

• Members
  • 121 posts

Posted 26 November 2008 - 05:40 AM

I'll come right out and ask: Why this game versus The Legend?

Mind you, I have not seen the cgi movie, so that really wouldn't be a selling point for me. I'm more interested in finding the game that best captures the spirit of the epic.

Is it this game?

I ask because I will be asking my local retailer to get one or both of the Beowulf games in stock.

Can anyone help me with this decision?

#2 zwobot

zwobot

• Members
  • 130 posts

Posted 26 November 2008 - 09:11 PM

Beowulf the movie Boardgame has not much to do with the movie and that is a good thing. Only the pictures on the playing tiles are from the movie and this is not relevant. The game itself is a reimplemented version of Rainer Knizias Kingdoms, also by FFG. It is a very nice game but abstract. Nothing for new gamers nor for amitrash fans. Links for more info:

www.boardgamegeek.com/boardgame/29308 BGG Beowulf the movie Boardgame!

#3 Vespers

Vespers

• Members
  • 121 posts

Posted 27 November 2008 - 02:22 AM

I thinkyou just got me a little more interested in the game, if, as you say, it has not much to do with the movie. That's a check in the pro column.

© 2013 Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc. Fantasy Flight Games and the FFG logo are ® of Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc.  All rights reserved.
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Contact | User Support | Rules Questions | Help | RSS