Questions about Voivodes

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 Claybo

Claybo

• Members
  • 20 posts

Posted 04 June 2009 - 12:52 PM

I just recently bought this game along with all of it's expansions.  I'm due to play it for the first time this weekend with my nephew and had a couple of questions.

1.  Am I reading the rules correctly when it states that you move two Voivodes during the same sequence?  Each of the Voivodes in the pair have a move and an action during the same sequence?

2.  If so, that means that two Voivodes with the Scretcha improvement can each heal Zor'ka during the same sequence?  Zor'ka, with Irishka's R.U.R. and the two Voivodes with the Scretcha equipped, can heal 3 wounds per round?

I'm sorry if this has been covered before, but time is short and I don't have it to look for the answers.  Any help or advice would be great!  Thanks!

#2 Drop Bear

Drop Bear

• Members
  • 187 posts

Posted 04 June 2009 - 01:39 PM

If you had mutiple Scretcha Tokens yes, but IIRC their is only one Scretcha in the Novrgrod set so you can only have one Voivode so equiped.

#3 Claybo

Claybo

• Members
  • 20 posts

Posted 04 June 2009 - 02:39 PM

Thanks, but I just checked and there are in fact two of them.  I believe the rules even state that you have to equip both of your pair with the same improvement (equipment).

#4 sejestephan

sejestephan

• Members
  • 69 posts

Posted 04 June 2009 - 09:17 PM

Read my guide to the Matriarchy thread, you'll see that it is true, Zor'ka is invincible.

I have no idea why they choose to make a character that cannot be killed, but alas it is so.

Therefore I, for one, is looking forward to the new Oksana character, since she'll be able to control the Voivodes and perhaps make the Matriarchy a little more fun to play with and against.

Or maybe the other Legends that upcoming, Asterios (the minotaur, who acually is named Asterion in Greek mythology) and Hass Horbringer, will be able to level the odds a little, because as it is Zor'ka has no weaknesses, save smoke grenades, with her immunity to natural 10's and insane statistics and of course her ability to ignore autowounds.

Don't get me wrong, I like Novgorod but it's important to note that Zor'ka can't die unless you play a scenario of some kind where she isn't at her full power, so to be succesfull you'll need to play around her.

#5 Claybo

Claybo

• Members
  • 20 posts

Posted 05 June 2009 - 02:27 AM

Thanks sejestephan!

I was afraid of that!  Yikes!  It forces you to try and take out his entourage and save Zor'ka (the most dangerous one) for last. 

© 2013 Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc. Fantasy Flight Games and the FFG logo are ® of Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc.  All rights reserved.
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Contact | User Support | Rules Questions | Help | RSS