• Please log in to reply
26 replies to this topic

#1 dormouse

dormouse

LCG Designer

• Members
  • 1,680 posts

Posted 02 June 2009 - 08:28 PM

Any Metas anywhere in Texas? I'm especially interested in the Dallas/Fort Worth area since I'll be moving there in August.

"words are like arrows, once loosened you cannot call them back"

#2 Stacysensei

Stacysensei

• Members
  • 16 posts

Posted 23 February 2010 - 03:38 PM

I am in Aledo, very close to Fort Worth. Where/when would you like to play? I will warn you tho, I just bought the core set. Never played before.

#3 Madduxx

Madduxx

• Members
  • 130 posts

Posted 23 February 2010 - 07:18 PM

We have a group of 4 here in Houston that's been playing since September. We also have a player in Austin that's just starting the game.

www.fantasyflightgames.com/edge_foros_discusion.asp

Our meta is a bit different however. We have slowly introduced cards into our playgroup as we learned the game and felt we had exhausted strategies & fun before buying more. Currently we play with the Core, Clash of Arms, Kings of the Sea, and Princes of the Sun. We get together locally monthly as schedules allow and try to play weekly via OCGTN.

#4 dormouse

dormouse

LCG Designer

• Members
  • 1,680 posts

Posted 06 March 2010 - 07:08 AM

@Madduxx I'd love to get some games in via Octogon more regularly. I could coneivably make it to Houston every blue moon for games if I had a little notice.

@Stacy, perhaps we can meet up somewhere and get some games in.

"words are like arrows, once loosened you cannot call them back"

#5 Stacysensei

Stacysensei

• Members
  • 16 posts

Posted 10 March 2010 - 10:52 AM

Dormouse: Just tell me where and when.

#6 Madduxx

Madduxx

• Members
  • 130 posts

Posted 11 March 2010 - 05:11 AM

dormouse: I can keep you in mind for upcoming times we plan to play. The one bad part is it's typically a weekday evening. Regarding OCTGN are you ok with our limited meta?

#7 Stacysensei

Stacysensei

• Members
  • 16 posts

Posted 29 March 2010 - 05:13 PM

Still waiting for somebody to suggest a time and place to play......

#8 Visskar

Visskar

• Members
  • 14 posts

Posted 14 April 2010 - 07:27 AM

I'm in Flower Mound and would definitely be interested in some Game of Thrones or Warhammer Invasion in the DFW area. For a central-ish gaming store location, I'd recommend Area 51 in Grapevine. They stock W:I and  Call of Cthulhu chapter packs, and the store is run by some great & friendly guys.

#9 Stacysensei

Stacysensei

• Members
  • 16 posts

Posted 29 April 2010 - 04:03 AM

Cool, I have been there before. Just let me know when you want to play.

#10 Bsurge

Bsurge

• Members
  • 3 posts

Posted 06 December 2010 - 05:58 PM

I'm up for some games.  I'm in the Garland area but am willing to travel pretty much anywhere in the DFW area.

#11 LordOWar

LordOWar

• Members
  • 19 posts

Posted 08 December 2012 - 12:39 PM

Looking for players in the Dallas/Ft Worth area - willing to travel. - December 2012

#12 Dimnos

Dimnos

• Members
  • 8 posts

Posted 09 December 2012 - 05:24 PM

Arlington right here.  Anyone else in DFW? 

#13 Ratatoskr

Ratatoskr

• Members
  • 1,524 posts

Posted 11 December 2012 - 02:27 AM

LOL, newbies might not be aware of it, but this is a really a historical thread.

#14 Dimnos

Dimnos

• Members
  • 8 posts

Posted 13 December 2012 - 08:15 AM

So nothing constructive or on topic to add?

#15 Ratatoskr

Ratatoskr

• Members
  • 1,524 posts

Posted 13 December 2012 - 09:37 PM

Dimnos said:

So nothing constructive or on topic to add?

Dude, lighten up. I was just startled to see a thread started by Dormouse on top of the board. I thought it was funny and made a light-hearted comment. And no, I know nothing about players in Texas, so I do not have anything on topic to add.

#16 Keggy

Keggy

• Members
  • 311 posts

Posted 14 December 2012 - 07:36 AM

I keep seeing this thread lit up, and keep checking it to see if there has been any new posts about metas in Texas… and keep getting disappointed.

On a note related to the topic, anyone passing through San Antonio and looking for a game should let me know, we'd love to have new people to play against.

#17 saurfang

saurfang

• Members
  • 3 posts

Posted 15 December 2012 - 11:21 PM

email me I live in richardson. I'm a big fun of AGOT lcg. I have my own deck looking for players like you.        Yangyangshi111@gmail.com

#18 saurfang

saurfang

• Members
  • 3 posts

Posted 15 December 2012 - 11:24 PM

email me for AGOT lcg meetup I'm a big fun of it. I have my own deck and looking for players. Yangyangshi111@gmail.com

#19 policylimits

policylimits

• Members
  • 3 posts

Posted 15 March 2013 - 05:21 AM

I'm fairly new to the area, fairly new to the game. I live in Dallas, and am willing to travel throughout the DFW metroplex.

I know this is an old thread, but is there an active meta lurking beneath? If so, I'd love to join. 

#20 TripleARay

TripleARay

• Members
  • 5 posts

Posted 20 March 2013 - 08:10 AM

Saturday evenings we have a group that gets together at Madness Games and Comics in Plano, SE corner of Parker and Custer. www.madnessgames.com is the website. We are normally there around 6 PM or a little earlier.

Shoot me an email at rnerpel@gmail.com if you have any questions.

© 2013 Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc. Fantasy Flight Games and the FFG logo are ® of Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc.  All rights reserved.
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Contact | User Support | Rules Questions | Help | RSS