Wolf Re-release?

• Please log in to reply
13 replies to this topic

#1 Alexca1

Alexca1

• Members
  • 97 posts

Posted 02 June 2009 - 11:00 AM

They just did an article on how to incorporate Wolf in your Tannhauser games. Does that mean people will see his head bob up from the game store shelves sooner or later? I know many people seek him like many seek a cure for the cold.

#2 CanadianPittbull

CanadianPittbull

• Members
  • 327 posts

Posted 03 June 2009 - 09:16 AM

It would be nice. I mean for all the blow hards who go on about rarity? I missed the memo where there was a collectibilty to this game. The fact that people got him with the pre-order means you got him first. But given the time that has past and with that article being posted I think now would be the time to release him. Hell if folks are that anal about it just give him a new sculpt so there is a difference between the promo and the new release.

#3 sejestephan

sejestephan

• Members
  • 69 posts

Posted 03 June 2009 - 10:58 AM

Yeah, he'll be available at GenCon... I don't know if he'll be in stores, but I sorta think not. At least the GenCon thing will bring a new batch of them on Ebay.

#4 Sergey

Sergey

• Members
  • 49 posts

Posted 03 June 2009 - 06:18 PM

Could anyone help me to get Wolf. I'm living in Ukraine and of course cannot attend GenCon in USA. So it is almost impossible to get Wolf for me. Is there a possibility to ask someone to get him for me (just one for my collection) - I'll pay for all shipment costs and for Wolf itself. I hope, that Tannhauser community will help me in it. I just don't want to purchase french copy.

Much obliged in advance!

Best regards,

Sergey

#5 WintermuteZero

WintermuteZero

• Members
  • 30 posts

Posted 08 June 2009 - 12:09 PM

Then get a german copy soon ;-).

No, seriously. Nobody will just "give" his Wolf to you. You can try to get one from ebay, but they are VERY expensive. Just saw one for 40 (!) $. Wait until genCon is over and then try to buy one copy on ebay.

But of course, if anybody want's to give away Wolf for shipment and original "price", then count me in as well ;-)

#6 sejestephan

sejestephan

• Members
  • 69 posts

Posted 08 June 2009 - 10:41 PM

I acually think that he'll be available in stores as well. Just bought Daedalus from france and you need Wolf in some of the scenarios, so I think FFG will crack and re-release him soon.

#7 Sergey

Sergey

• Members
  • 49 posts

Posted 09 June 2009 - 03:10 AM

WintermuteZero said:

Then get a german copy soon ;-).

No, seriously. Nobody will just "give" his Wolf to you. You can try to get one from ebay, but they are VERY expensive. Just saw one for 40 (!) $. Wait until genCon is over and then try to buy one copy on ebay.

But of course, if anybody want's to give away Wolf for shipment and original "price", then count me in as well ;-)

Thank you for explaining the situation with GenCon - in other words, the one goes to GenCon can get only ONE copy of Wolf?. As for German Wolf - is it in german language or in english?

#8 Sergey

Sergey

• Members
  • 49 posts

Posted 09 June 2009 - 03:21 AM

sejestephan said:

I acually think that he'll be available in stores as well. Just bought Daedalus from france and you need Wolf in some of the scenarios, so I think FFG will crack and re-release him soon.

Yes, I also hope that Wolf will be available in stores, as some Daedalus scenarios really use Wolf in. So, if FFG will make Daedalus available Wolf should be available too - but it is not 100% true - I hope for even getting Wolf if there will be available hypothetical pre-order of Daedalus. But when it will be - who knows?

#9 MattKimber

MattKimber

• Members
  • 9 posts

Posted 10 June 2009 - 09:13 AM

I did not know that you needed Wolf for some of the Daedulus scenarios, It does give some hope that when/if? they release Daedalus they'll re-release Wolf except that they say in his tactics article that he'll be available at Gen Con so it may still have to be ebay for me.

#10 sepayne7l

sepayne7l

• Members
  • 568 posts

Posted 11 June 2009 - 11:33 AM

Maybe you can find someone either here or at BGG who is going to Gen Con and can pick up a Wolf for you. That might be hard in the Tannhauser forums as most of us are fans and don't have it. Post something in a generic forum over there and you may get lucky.

I admit I haunt this site frequently and saw that Wolf came with the preorder and brought it to my FLGS's attention or they would not have known about it. I feel lucky now that I bought the game sight unseen.

#11 WintermuteZero

WintermuteZero

• Members
  • 30 posts

Posted 15 June 2009 - 08:41 AM

Sergey said:

Sergey said:

Thank you for explaining the situation with GenCon - in other words, the one goes to GenCon can get only ONE copy of Wolf?. As for German Wolf - is it in german language or in english?

Basically, it will be in german. But i don't think, they will do many modifications to the character-card. The Tokens should be pretty much the same. The only real difference is, that you would have to pick the translated equipment sheets from  gameboard geeks or something like that. I will definitly get me a german wolf, even though i collected this game until now exclusively on english.

#12 madslaust

madslaust

• Members
  • 17 posts

Posted 23 June 2009 - 11:03 AM

Whose the German distributor?

And I have questions about the Gencon event and FFG. Is it like Wizkids where you have to buy X amount of product to get a "free item", or are they just straight up selling him like the other hero packs (Georgi, Ramirez, Yula)?

#13 klarlack

klarlack

• Members
  • 44 posts

Posted 25 June 2009 - 08:58 AM

the german distributor is the "heidelberger spieleverlag" (HDS):

http://hds-fantasy.de/einzelansicht-spiel/spiel/tannhaeuser/

the packs (including wolf) should arrive in the next few weeks....

and like WintermuteZero said, you will find engish versions on http://boardgamegeek...boardgame/31259

#14 WintermuteZero

WintermuteZero

• Members
  • 30 posts

Posted 24 July 2009 - 11:22 AM

I'm holding my German "Wolf" in my hands :-).

The charactersheet is identical to the english one, so no pain using him in english boards. And maybe FFG will release his equipment on the support site of Tannhäuser, just like they did with the other three additional heroes.

© 2013 Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc. Fantasy Flight Games and the FFG logo are ® of Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc.  All rights reserved.
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Contact | User Support | Rules Questions | Help | RSS