Having expansion in the list of games?

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 mtagge

mtagge

• Members
  • 9 posts

Posted 01 June 2009 - 07:30 AM

Like the topic, is there any chance of being able to put the expansions that one has in the list of owned games?  Should be easy to add them in as a new category and come up with an icon or two for each one.  

#2 sepayne7l

sepayne7l

• Members
  • 568 posts

Posted 01 June 2009 - 08:37 AM

I agree. I know that for something like Runebound, with about a thousand small card expansions, or the Wings of War minis, it may take awhile to get them all listed. But for the most part, Arkham Horror, Descent, Doom and most of the others it shouldnt be too hard. Considering that the Descent expansions cost more than a lot of games, it seems like they should be included.

#3 Jakews

Jakews

• Members
  • 201 posts

Posted 21 July 2009 - 02:19 AM

I agree, but there would be so many entries then. It may be a little overwhelming. Even so, I am a fan because I choose a system and then buy most of the expansions and it seems I should be able to indicate that I own more than 5 Fantasy Flight products even though they may come from the same line. Some of those expansions are more expensive than other boardgames. We should be able to brag that we have them.

sepayne7l said:

I agree. I know that for something like Runebound, with about a thousand small card expansions, or the Wings of War minis, it may take awhile to get them all listed. But for the most part, Arkham Horror, Descent, Doom and most of the others it shouldnt be too hard. Considering that the Descent expansions cost more than a lot of games, it seems like they should be included.

#4 MetalHead84

MetalHead84

• Members
  • 6 posts

Posted 23 July 2009 - 08:02 AM

Same for me, my list seems a little bit empty without the option to add the expansion, I currently have 3 Battlelore expansions and I'm planning on buying some Runebound expansion too

#5 Rawrster

Rawrster

• Members
  • 9 posts

Posted 23 July 2009 - 05:42 PM

Then the question of supplements and the like comes up as well though.  Should you count each book for WFRP as a seperate game?  They cost quite a bit to pick up as well, but doing such would add 10-20 games to peoples lists. 

#6 talismanisland

talismanisland

Harbourmaster

• Members
  • 1,931 posts

Posted 30 July 2009 - 11:11 AM

You could have it that they are just logged as "owned", but not count towards the total number of "games". I would think only the core game should count towards that.

Harbourmaster at Talisman Island - 15 magical years and counting!

Sometimes I even update the Talisman Island Facebook Page!

#7 Lord Balor

Lord Balor

• Members
  • 40 posts

Posted 08 August 2009 - 08:10 PM

I wouldn't mind the ability to have Expansions listed as it lets people know what scope, experiences and options you have with a particular game rather than all sorts of communication issues on forums on who has what and having to constantly set context.  As an aside, I also wouldn't mind Legacy and OOP games being listed as it's difficult enough finding sources and peoples to discuss those obscure games with and having a visual reference as well as ability to search via games would be immensely helpful.

© 2013 Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc. Fantasy Flight Games and the FFG logo are ® of Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc.  All rights reserved.
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Contact | User Support | Rules Questions | Help | RSS