War of the ring online

• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

#1 joefling34

joefling34

• Members
  • 30 posts

Posted 01 June 2009 - 05:34 AM

Well I have finally figured out how to get War of the Ring to work on my PC. So now that I have it up and running im looking for somebody to play against. If anybody wants to play you can e-mail me at joefling@hotmail.com or hit me up on AOL IM. My screen name is "MightyJoeFling". Look forward to playing.

#2 OldUrmel

OldUrmel

• Members
  • 38 posts

Posted 03 June 2009 - 01:04 AM

War of the Ring on PC ?? Did I miss something or do you mean the old RTS-Sierra Game ?? 

#3 Dam

Dam

• Members
  • 7,290 posts

Posted 03 June 2009 - 02:43 AM

www.warofthering.webb.se/

"Play Online" button (oddly enough )

"A dirty mind is its own reward."

#4 cyric036

cyric036

• Members
  • 27 posts

Posted 03 June 2009 - 02:52 PM

I will have to look into this, looks like something I will want to try.

#5 Sinis

Sinis

• Members
  • 349 posts

Posted 04 June 2009 - 04:18 PM

Well, it's tough.  It seems to only play games with the expansion, and you'd better have all the cards ready to reference, because they're all blank in the program (but with titles, for reference).

I haven't personally played it yet, I mostly use it to puzzle things out with the game (like how best to move shadow armies, or the best ways to separate companions).

#6 Dam

Dam

• Members
  • 7,290 posts

Posted 04 June 2009 - 06:02 PM

Sinis said:

Well, it's tough.  It seems to only play games with the expansion, and you'd better have all the cards ready to reference, because they're all blank in the program (but with titles, for reference).

It can be set-up for just base game also. As to the second part, that just shows you haven't played enough WotR (online or F2F), if you don't recall all the card effects from just the name .

#7 Sinis

Sinis

• Members
  • 349 posts

Posted 05 June 2009 - 07:11 PM

Dam said:

Sinis said:

It can be set-up for just base game also. As to the second part, that just shows you haven't played enough WotR (online or F2F), if you don't recall all the card effects from just the name .

How, might I ask?  I have the 2.1 client and cannot seem to find the option to make it base game...

#8 Dam

Dam

• Members
  • 7,290 posts

Posted 05 June 2009 - 07:14 PM

Sinis said:

How, might I ask?  I have the 2.1 client and cannot seem to find the option to make it base game...

http://veldrin.proboards.com/index.cgi?board=onlinequestions&action=display&thread=1218

#9 Sinis

Sinis

• Members
  • 349 posts

Posted 07 June 2009 - 06:57 AM

Dam said:

Sinis said:

http://veldrin.proboards.com/index.cgi?board=onlinequestions&action=display&thread=1218

Thank you kindly, sir.

© 2013 Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc. Fantasy Flight Games and the FFG logo are ® of Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc.  All rights reserved.
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Contact | User Support | Rules Questions | Help | RSS