Photo

Your idea about the role of light/dark fate counter.

• Please log in to reply
14 replies to this topic

#1 Old Master

Old Master

• Members
  • 262 posts

Posted 29 May 2009 - 01:50 PM

Hi,

I remember it being mention in an old thread that the why for the light/dark side of the fate counter will be revealed later in the futur

Month later, we are still in the dark as to it's use?

I first suspect something to do with alignment, light for good, dark for evil.

But then again what about neutral character!!! They use fate token too!

I would like to know what's your opinion and if you can second guess Mr. John Goodenough's idea about that?

I just hope this as not been cleared up already in another thread and I missed it

#2 Velhart

Velhart

• Members
  • 4,210 posts

Posted 12 July 2009 - 07:24 PM

Old Master said:

Hi,

I remember it being mention in an old thread that the why for the light/dark side of the fate counter will be revealed later in the futur

Month later, we are still in the dark as to it's use?

I first suspect something to do with alignment, light for good, dark for evil.

But then again what about neutral character!!! They use fate token too!

I would like to know what's your opinion and if you can second guess Mr. John Goodenough's idea about that?

I just hope this as not been cleared up already in another thread and I missed it

Hi old master,

I think i have miss your old topic

But you are right about neutral characters !

It's so weird that the main board has no allignment change for neutral...( because of 2th edition of course

It seems that FFG miss this one, and i hope that they will fix this problem

They could fix it in the city expansion, and i hope they do that..

But a lot of cards must be added too.

What about a character that is neutral, and changed to good, then he can never be neutral again..  a real mistake

#3 Hem

Hem

• Members
  • 508 posts

Posted 12 July 2009 - 10:45 PM

Hmmmm... like a Difficulty Variant ! 

New Rule : whenever you want to use a fate counter to reroll a die, first throw the fate counter in the air : if it falls on its black side, you failed, so you discard your fate counter and must accept your previous die roll !!!! ...just kiddin ! I don't know. Let us wait and see, alright ?

#4 Velhart

Velhart

• Members
  • 4,210 posts

Posted 12 July 2009 - 10:56 PM

Hem said:

Hmmmm... like a Difficulty Variant ! 

New Rule : whenever you want to use a fate counter to reroll a die, first throw the fate counter in the air : if it falls on its black side, you failed, so you discard your fate counter and must accept your previous die roll !!!! ...just kiddin ! I don't know. Let us wait and see, alright ?

Hi Hem,

What about using a fate against someone who is at the enchantress and then:    throw the fate counter in the air. If it falls on the black side, you may decide what will happen with that player's character, so that you can force him to turn into a toad at the enchantressOr he must lose a strength or craft etc( based on the text of the enchantress)

#5 Hem

Hem

• Members
  • 508 posts

Posted 13 July 2009 - 09:52 PM

You crack me up, little budy ! You gonna wake up your sleeping old beauty master, so, shhh...

#6 Old Master

Old Master

• Members
  • 262 posts

Posted 14 July 2009 - 02:54 AM

Hi Hem,

Too late I'm awake!! From what we could read from the 20 questions interview with John Goodenough at talismanisland, it seem that some game mechanic is involve for the light/dark fate counter, and we should be enlighten about it in the next expansion.

We also have to wait if the neutral character get to interact more with fate or life replenishment without having to pay gold for it.

This version, with the introduction of fate as really tip the balance in favor for character to be good or bad, being neutral as more disadvantage now than previous version before.

We may hope that this inbalance will be taken care of in future expansion

Cheers

#7 Velhart

Velhart

• Members
  • 4,210 posts

Posted 14 July 2009 - 01:17 PM

Old Master said:

Hi Hem,

Too late I'm awake!! From what we could read from the 20 questions interview with John Goodenough at talismanisland, it seem that some game mechanic is involve for the light/dark fate counter, and we should be enlighten about it in the next expansion.

We also have to wait if the neutral character get to interact more with fate or life replenishment without having to pay gold for it.

This version, with the introduction of fate as really tip the balance in favor for character to be good or bad, being neutral as more disadvantage now than previous version before.

We may hope that this inbalance will be taken care of in future expansion

Cheers

Hi Old master

It seems you are awakeHem was right lol

-----

I think  that the neutral allignment has not something to do with the light/dark tokens.

But you are right, that there is no advantage for being a neutral character on the board// and the cards.. ( the only positive point is that you are not effected by all the cards because they are for good or bad.

They can better skip the whole idea for neutral if they are not using it for something...

I also hope that FFG will changed this in the future !

#8 Velhart

Velhart

• Members
  • 4,210 posts

Posted 08 January 2010 - 10:41 PM

I wonder if the next expansion has the Light/ Dark fate counter rule, since it was not added to the Frostmarch expansion..

It would be nice to get a set of adventure cards that you can activate against your opponent instead of your own by paying a fate token or something..

Or if you can pay a light token, you get advantage of the adventure card...by ignoring that event or something..

Just some idea's..

#9 Old Master

Old Master

• Members
  • 262 posts

Posted 09 January 2010 - 09:45 AM

Hi Velhart,

Let's hope this get clearer in the next expansion.

Cheers,

#10 Velhart

Velhart

• Members
  • 4,210 posts

Posted 09 January 2010 - 11:17 AM

Old Master said:

Hi Velhart,

Let's hope this get clearer in the next expansion.

Cheers,

Hi Old master,

I hope it too.

We will see..

#11 Velhart

Velhart

• Members
  • 4,210 posts

Posted 09 January 2010 - 09:20 PM

Hi Old Master,

Have you take a look at our character debate in this topic

www.fantasyflightgames.com/edge_foros_discusion.asp

#12 Old Master

Old Master

• Members
  • 262 posts

Posted 10 January 2010 - 10:17 AM

Velhart said:

Hi Old Master,

Yes.

#13 Velhart

Velhart

• Members
  • 4,210 posts

Posted 10 January 2010 - 10:41 AM

Old Master said:

Velhart said:

Hi Old Master,

Yes.

I like your Valkyrie idea.

#14 Old Master

Old Master

• Members
  • 262 posts

Posted 10 January 2010 - 03:00 PM

Velhart said:

Thank you Velhart, I tried to supply ideas to keep the Valkyrie in character as much as possible and balance it with fresh ideas for Talisman, abilities that are not used by other character.

If you have any ideas for the Valkyrie regarding ability, I would really like to read them

Cheers

#15 Velhart

Velhart

• Members
  • 4,210 posts

Posted 10 January 2010 - 10:08 PM

Old Master said:

Velhart said:

Thank you Velhart, I tried to supply ideas to keep the Valkyrie in character as much as possible and balance it with fresh ideas for Talisman, abilities that are not used by other character.

If you have any ideas for the Valkyrie regarding ability, I would really like to read them

Cheers

Oke, i have a new idea now

i will post it in the other topic, so we can keep this topic for the light and dark fate

© 2013 Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc. Fantasy Flight Games and the FFG logo are ® of Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc.  All rights reserved.
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Contact | User Support | Rules Questions | Help | RSS