Calvin Wright

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 Stonemason

Stonemason

• Members
  • 4 posts

Posted 28 May 2009 - 02:51 AM

Just wondering what size (width and height in pixels) should I print out his card in order for it to be the same size as the ally cards in the game.

#2 Tibs

Tibs

• Members
  • 4,598 posts

Posted 28 May 2009 - 03:39 AM

In the Reference Materials subforum, there is a thread called "card sizes" or something similar with the sized of each card type, in inches, cm, mm, and pixels. Allies are "investigator cards (smaller ones, like items)" as opposed to "ancient one cards (larger ones, like encounters)."

#3 JerusalemJones

JerusalemJones

• Members
  • 1,716 posts

Posted 28 May 2009 - 12:31 PM

Well, the first Calvin printed out oversized for us, but for the second one I just printed it "to scale" and it printed out the same size for me. So I printed him on card stock, and cut him out. Worked really well.

#4 SexyD

SexyD

• Members
  • 5 posts

Posted 18 June 2009 - 05:53 AM

You can transfer the card to Strange Eons and then print the card in the right size. Works very well.

I did it that way to translate the cards into german...

#5 EvilAmarant7x

EvilAmarant7x

• Members
  • 50 posts

Posted 18 June 2009 - 11:06 AM

So am I understanding this right and Calvin can fight Cthulhu for eternity? Disregarding Epic Battle of course.

#6 Redclock

Redclock

• Members
  • 6 posts

Posted 18 June 2009 - 04:03 PM

No, Cthulhu's attack lowers max sanity or stamina while his "Dreams of Madness" reduces max sanity and stamina.  Calvin's ability prevents reduction of sanity or stamina.  Similar, but an important difference.

#7 TheZorker

TheZorker

• Members
  • 3 posts

Posted 18 June 2009 - 04:22 PM

He needs a personal story though.  Something for him to accomplish while in Innsmouth

#8 Gamemaster

Gamemaster

• Members
  • 63 posts

Posted 18 June 2009 - 06:47 PM

Redclock said:

No, Cthulhu's attack lowers max sanity or stamina while his "Dreams of Madness" reduces max sanity and stamina.  Calvin's ability prevents reduction of sanity or stamina.  Similar, but an important difference.

Actually, I don't think there is a difference here.  In both cases, your max sanity and stamina are being lowered/reduced.

Chapter 10 is definitely set up to have a final showdown between Calvin and Cthulhu...and yes, Calvin will win as long as he has at least one weapon.  The real question is: Will any of his comrades survive with him (and thus add some points to the score)?

Of course, JR may clarify this point pretty soon anyway.

© 2013 Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc. Fantasy Flight Games and the FFG logo are ® of Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc.  All rights reserved.
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Contact | User Support | Rules Questions | Help | RSS