Intrigue Contests & Campaigns

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 RebekahWSD

RebekahWSD

• Members
  • 13 posts

Posted 27 May 2009 - 06:44 AM

If I successfully perform an Intrigue Contest in a neutral province containing an army in mid campaign what happens to the army?  Does the campaign end and they now have to start over with a siege?

#2 Titeman

Titeman

• Members
  • 244 posts

Posted 27 May 2009 - 08:30 AM

Page 17 of the rules: "A player can never attempt an intrigue contest in a savage province, a home province, or a province that contains an enemy fort, city, or enemy army.  (Bold mine.)  So it can't happen...

--------------------------------------------------
Do not meddle in the affairs of Dragons, for you are crunchy and taste good with ketchup...

#3 panicz44

panicz44

• Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 10 January 2011 - 10:16 PM

Hi, I understand this rule, but once i was trying to perform an intrigue, I have failed, but in the next round another player moved his army to the neutral province (containing), and he contested that province in one round using forced march. The question is: What should I do with my emissary, which is still standind on that province? Thx. 

#4 Whitmire

Whitmire

• Members
  • 70 posts

Posted 06 March 2011 - 08:29 PM

Emissaries have no trouble standing in provinces with enemy armies. They just can't perform an intrigue contest when an army is standing there.

In short: leave your emissary there. He enjoys diplomatic immunity from the enemy swords.

#5 ronsen_04

ronsen_04

• Members
  • 107 posts

Posted 10 March 2011 - 03:09 PM

Also, your emissary can generate gold with an Intrigue action you have. I forgot the name, just check your cheat sheet.

© 2013 Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc. Fantasy Flight Games and the FFG logo are ® of Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc.  All rights reserved.
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Contact | User Support | Rules Questions | Help | RSS