I have just uploaded the latest version of The Director's Cut variant rules to the files section on BGG...and this time it's a shiny PDF!
These rules address many of the disparities between theme and gameplay in a game of Android, including rules to:
* Turn the murder into a true deductive experience (with a "real" murderer).
* Extensive rule changes for the conspiracy, to make the placement of every tile worthwhile, reduce the overpowered nature of the conspiracy overall and eliminate the unthematic 5-in-a-row rules.
* Allow each investigator to experience their game "day" concurrently rather than consecutively (and reduce downtime).
* Adjust how dark cards are drawn and played to be more in theme with what is happening on the board.
* Give NPCs more involvement in the unfolding story and allow some characters to "crossover" into another detective's story.
* Plus many more...
Version 2.1 incorporates the following changes:
* Now in shiny PDF!
* New rules for fights, to make them more combative
* Minor tweak to the conspiracy rules.
* Alternate rules for movement around New Angeles.
* A variant for Lily Lockwell!
You can find the file here:
As always, GeekGold tips gratefully accepted. Enjoy!