#1 Velhart

Velhart

• Members
  • 4,210 posts

Posted 15 May 2009 - 12:19 AM

Hi Everyone

What do you all think of the Treasure cards

Do you like them or not?

I must say that they add a lot of fun to the game !

Something special that you get for defeating a lord at the end of a region board.

Feel free to talk about it if you want.

TREASURE CARDS

#2 Lubricus

Lubricus

• Members
  • 105 posts

Posted 15 May 2009 - 12:54 AM

Well, I have hardly seen them yet. It takes a lot to beat the LoD, and my group tends to go straight for the CoC, so none of us have drawn any Treasures yet. I have scanned the deck briefly, however, and they look great. I just wish it were easier to get a few of them into play.

#3 Velhart

Velhart

• Members
  • 4,210 posts

Posted 15 May 2009 - 01:04 AM

I have defeat the LOD wednesday.. ( only one time) and i drew the Bag of Holding.

It can come in handy at the crown, so that nobody can steal a object from you, that you really need to defeat that player.

#4 Velhart

Velhart

• Members
  • 4,210 posts

Posted 15 May 2009 - 02:05 AM

Here is a picture of the 10 treasure cards.

#5 Nemomon

Nemomon

• Members
  • 806 posts

Posted 15 May 2009 - 02:47 AM

I played today night. As a good advice, never ever mix the beer with Talisman. Ever! I was forced to choose one between Monk and Priest Then, after I died, I got a Prophetess and won the game. Anyway, I like the Treasure Cards, however, as I mentioned somewhere, from my knowledge nothing except of Wand, Cloak and eventually Owl won't see the light.

Enter the Talisman Island!

#6 Dungeon Master

Dungeon Master

• Members
  • 29 posts

Posted 18 May 2009 - 01:30 AM

All of the treasure cards are equally as powerful depending on the circumstances and the character you're playing. Even the talisman card can be gamewinning if you're going to be moved to the portal of power space. The bag of holding is great if you're playing against the thief character or someone that can steal your stuff. The elixir of life is powerful for evil characters since it is one of the few objects in the game that let's you repeatedly heal. If you botch your roll then just spend a fate to re-roll. If you're running low on fate then just drop by the graveyard. If I'm playing an evil character this is one of my first picks.

#7 Velhart

Velhart

• Members
  • 4,210 posts

Posted 19 May 2009 - 02:33 AM

Dungeon Master said:

All of the treasure cards are equally as powerful depending on the circumstances and the character you're playing. Even the talisman card can be gamewinning if you're going to be moved to the portal of power space. The bag of holding is great if you're playing against the thief character or someone that can steal your stuff. The elixir of life is powerful for evil characters since it is one of the few objects in the game that let's you repeatedly heal. If you botch your roll then just spend a fate to re-roll. If you're running low on fate then just drop by the graveyard. If I'm playing an evil character this is one of my first picks.

Yeah you have a point.

With fate... the elixer can be pretty handy

#8 Nemomon

Nemomon

• Members
  • 806 posts

Posted 19 May 2009 - 03:17 AM

Velhart said:

Dungeon Master said:

Yeah you have a point.

With fate... the elixer can be pretty handy

Still, mostly useless. Elixer can kill its user if it will roll 2 on the die, so when You really will need it, You won't use it because of the risk. Not always its owner has a chance to go to the Graveyard to recover fate or Chaper to recover life. Better for example is Cloak which can teleport to the Fire Valley quickly.

Enter the Talisman Island!

#9 Croonos

Croonos

• Members
  • 163 posts

Posted 19 May 2009 - 06:00 PM

In my opinion with fate (easy for Evil) Elixir could be very powerful and can also safe before Command Spell. Generally Trasure cards  was ver good idea, they are usefull and give different possibilities to a Character - it force to think which one can give you adventage. Even Talisman is needed Treasure because when you do not have it and going out from Dungeon on PoP you should take it. But in fact many Treasures gives you chance to defence and I miss ones which make Command Spell or my attack more powerful (after which loser can not safe his life). I hope they appears in futhers expansions...

#10 Velhart

Velhart

• Members
  • 4,210 posts

Posted 19 May 2009 - 11:23 PM

Croonos said:

In my opinion with fate (easy for Evil) Elixir could be very powerful and can also safe before Command Spell. Generally Trasure cards  was ver good idea, they are usefull and give different possibilities to a Character - it force to think which one can give you adventage. Even Talisman is needed Treasure because when you do not have it and going out from Dungeon on PoP you should take it. But in fact many Treasures gives you chance to defence and I miss ones which make Command Spell or my attack more powerful (after which loser can not safe his life). I hope they appears in futhers expansions...

I think you must have a chance to defend yourself against the command spell, so it is not needed to make the command spell more powerful.

Fight it out on the Crown i tell you!

#11 Croonos

Croonos

• Members
  • 163 posts

Posted 20 May 2009 - 05:30 PM

Yes, I also like to fight on the Crown it is the most interesting part. But what to do when you are standing there and other Character is healing endlesly looking for some chances to get stronger because he is to weak to go on the CoC anf fight face to face? I think when we received so many powerful items to heal it is also needed to get some items to reinforce an attack. Optional rules have to be agreed before starting a play but when no one agree for that game sometimes looks deadlock. Standing on the Crown you can do nothing apart from casting Command Spell but it could be to week...

#12 Velhart

Velhart

• Members
  • 4,210 posts

Posted 23 May 2009 - 04:41 AM

Croonos said:

Yes, I also like to fight on the Crown it is the most interesting part. But what to do when you are standing there and other Character is healing endlesly looking for some chances to get stronger because he is to weak to go on the CoC anf fight face to face? I think when we received so many powerful items to heal it is also needed to get some items to reinforce an attack. Optional rules have to be agreed before starting a play but when no one agree for that game sometimes looks deadlock. Standing on the Crown you can do nothing apart from casting Command Spell but it could be to week...

well, we have talk about that somewhere in a topic here on the forum.

If a character is only healing and will not try to make they character stronger or give it a try to go to the crown of command space while a other player is casting the command spell the whole time, then i think that  the character who is still healing etc must give up !

Otherwise.. the game will never end.

A character can heal with the elixer of life the whole time if he has luck or go to the chapel or castle...

#13 Croonos

Croonos

• Members
  • 163 posts

Posted 23 May 2009 - 10:35 PM

I can agree with you that he should give up but what to do if he do not want to and looking for his little chance to get stronger endlesly... That is why I think about some powerful items to make the Command Spell much stronger.

#14 Velhart

Velhart

• Members
  • 4,210 posts

Posted 25 May 2009 - 02:21 AM

Croonos said:

I can agree with you that he should give up but what to do if he do not want to and looking for his little chance to get stronger endlesly... That is why I think about some powerful items to make the Command Spell much stronger.

You can try to give him the time for that, but the game will take longer than usual.. ( on a moment, you must end the game, otherwise you are playing for days, that will never end !

#15 Camshaft

Camshaft

• Members
  • 10 posts

Posted 26 May 2009 - 05:03 AM

Croonos said:

... But what to do when you are standing there and other Character is healing endlesly looking for some chances to get stronger because he is to weak to go on the CoC anf fight face to face?

This^^^

Happened to us on our inagural game with the Dungeon.  Wizard on Crown and the Gypsy got the Elixir of Life and would not give up (We allowed people to pick, per the rules as written.  Maybe a mistake in hindsight).  Used Fate to prevent the bad possibilities on the Elixir and kept trying to convince the Wizard to admit to a stalemate.  Yes, the guy playing the Gypsy was being a jerk, but he insisted on playing on and on and on and on.  Obnoxious.  Left a bad taste in everyone's mouth.  Our group now officially hates the Elixir of Life and looks down on anyone that picks it.

Wizard finally won, but the Gypsy still disputes the results.

#16 Dungeon Master

Dungeon Master

• Members
  • 29 posts

Posted 26 May 2009 - 03:21 PM

Camshaft said:

Croonos said:

... But what to do when you are standing there and other Character is healing endlesly looking for some chances to get stronger because he is to weak to go on the CoC anf fight face to face?

This^^^

Happened to us on our inagural game with the Dungeon.  Wizard on Crown and the Gypsy got the Elixir of Life and would not give up (We allowed people to pick, per the rules as written.  Maybe a mistake in hindsight).  Used Fate to prevent the bad possibilities on the Elixir and kept trying to convince the Wizard to admit to a stalemate.  Yes, the guy playing the Gypsy was being a jerk, but he insisted on playing on and on and on and on.  Obnoxious.  Left a bad taste in everyone's mouth.  Our group now officially hates the Elixir of Life and looks down on anyone that picks it.

Wizard finally won, but the Gypsy still disputes the results.

Is the elixir really all that different from armor? I've two players battle it out for endless turns and keep saving life from armor, and that item has been in the game ever since it was first printed and MUCH easier to get than the elixir!

#17 Croonos

Croonos

• Members
  • 163 posts

Posted 26 May 2009 - 04:34 PM

I think this problem can be really annoyed especially for a new players and it should be quickly solved in future expansion or the potential and popularity of the game can be lost... In future expansions conception and rules of Talisman need to be elaborated to make a play much more efficient.

#18 Camshaft

Camshaft

• Members
  • 10 posts

Posted 27 May 2009 - 02:50 AM

Dungeon Master said:

Is the elixir really all that different from armor? I've two players battle it out for endless turns and keep saving life from armor, and that item has been in the game ever since it was first printed and MUCH easier to get than the elixir!

No, it's not really.  The Elixir of Life can be used every time a character loses a life, including from the Command spell.  The Armor is much easier to get rid of, as it only saves a Life as a result of Battle.  It doesn't protect from Psychic Combat, Command spells, other spells, etc. 

Besides, if one person beats another in Battle, they can take the Armor instead of a Life and easily neutralize the effects of the other character's Armor.  With the Elixir of Life, if a person is just running around the board, bound and determined to draw the game out, it can get a lot more tedious than someone with Armor.  Especially if you are playing a character with high Fate.

Not to mention the fact that when it's a one-on-one duel to the death, it is usually just a series of die rolls.  When one is on the Crown and the other on the board, one character is still counting spaces, reading instructions, resolving Adventure cards, possibly moving Death, etc.

But back on topic, I do like the Treasure Cards overall, I just have a beef with the Elixir of Life.

#19 Velhart

Velhart

• Members
  • 4,210 posts

Posted 06 June 2009 - 02:35 AM

Now that i think of it...

It would be nice if each realm contain new treasure cards.

Because there is no realm name on it, all the treasure cards can be put together on one big pile

#20 Velhart

Velhart

• Members
  • 4,210 posts

Posted 30 August 2009 - 09:36 PM

Yesterday when i defeat the LOD, i drew a talisman treasure card damn.... ( i have one already)

Bad luck

It did not matter anymore, because i won the game Muwhahahaha

© 2013 Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc. Fantasy Flight Games and the FFG logo are ® of Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc.  All rights reserved.
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Contact | User Support | Rules Questions | Help | RSS