expansion for age of conan

• Please log in to reply
9 replies to this topic

#1 bolen

bolen

• Members
  • 16 posts

Posted 14 May 2009 - 03:14 PM

Great game FFG.  Do you have plans to publish an expansion? 

#2 Eradicator

Eradicator

• Members
  • 17 posts

Posted 16 May 2009 - 04:26 PM

im expecting a expansion also !!

#3 bolen

bolen

• Members
  • 16 posts

Posted 18 May 2009 - 03:11 AM

what do you think they could add? Obviously they could add the eastern countries (although I don't think that would add that much) I'd be much more interested to see

1. A more complex version of conan's quests
  2. A way to directly attack other kingdoms

What do you think?

#4 M-5

M-5

• Members
  • 7 posts

Posted 25 May 2009 - 05:42 PM

I've played two 2-player games so far (Aquilonia/Turan, will try Stygia/Hyperoborea next).  I think the game is finished as is; I don't see how an expansion could/would add much to the game.

Maybe additional strategy or kingdom cards, but that would lead to dilution of what's already there and change the odds a bit.

I would be interested in a set of contest dice for each kingdom (in its own color).

#5 Dam

Dam

• Members
  • 7,284 posts

Posted 26 May 2009 - 02:15 AM

M-5 said:

I've played two 2-player games so far (Aquilonia/Turan, will try Stygia/Hyperoborea next). 

Are you going to apply some houserules to that Stygia/Hyberborea game? Asking, because RAW, Red and Yellow areas on the map would not be used when not using those nations, which is why the designers mention that Aquilonia should always be in the game (as it is adjacent to all other nations). No adjacency RAW = each player conquering the regions with the their color, then nothing. IMO, any two adjacent nations should work in a 2-player game, using the combo you mention will probably require houserule(s) to be a meaningful game (as in, has PvP).

"A dirty mind is its own reward."

#6 Nerosfiddle

Nerosfiddle

• Members
  • 14 posts

Posted 30 May 2009 - 07:11 PM

Obviously this is just a personal opinion, but if you look at the right side of the game board, you can easily imagine a second board that would cover Eastern Hyboria. Maybe adding a few more player kingdoms? Maybe, Hyrkania, Vendhya and Khitai?

And while I have absolutely no idea how this might be implemented, I think it might be interesting to introduce pirates, or sea forces of some kind. Maybe even just in the form of additional kingdom cards.

Actually, that might be another way FFG might go for expansions when it comes to Conan. Just card expansions, like some of the smaller boxed additions for Arkham Horror.

Anyway, just my two cents worth. Got the game a couple of days ago and have been play testing it on my own. 

I have to say, I love this game.

#7 Titeman

Titeman

• Members
  • 247 posts

Posted 01 June 2009 - 08:44 AM

Dam, actually the red area is always in play per the RAW.  Look at page 23 under The Game Board: "Central Hyborea is always in play"...

--------------------------------------------------
Do not meddle in the affairs of Dragons, for you are crunchy and taste good with ketchup...

#8 Dam

Dam

• Members
  • 7,284 posts

Posted 01 June 2009 - 09:11 AM

Titeman said:

Dam, actually the red area is always in play per the RAW.  Look at page 23 under The Game Board: "Central Hyborea is always in play"...

Hehe, I just knew you were going to say that . I do however believe the designers intended Aquilonia (hence Central Hyb) to always be involved in a game. All their suggestions feature Aquilonia as one of the nations.

Of course, it could be as you say, CH in play regardless of Aquilonia's status.

"A dirty mind is its own reward."

#9 CanadianPittbull

CanadianPittbull

• Members
  • 327 posts

Posted 02 June 2009 - 09:13 AM

I think the game is complete as it is. Card expansions sure but I honestly don't know what else you could really add to this game. It is pretty finalized.

#10 Mordenthral

Mordenthral

• Members
  • 224 posts

Posted 04 June 2009 - 02:04 AM

Yep, I guess there's no way there could ever be an expansion for this game.

Ever.

(Take that as a challenge if you will, FFG.)

© 2013 Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc. Fantasy Flight Games and the FFG logo are ® of Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc.  All rights reserved.
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Contact | User Support | Rules Questions | Help | RSS