Photo

Working on my own RPG with some friends.

• Please log in to reply
No replies to this topic

#1 MORfiction

MORfiction

• Members
  • 4 posts

Posted 06 May 2009 - 07:10 AM

It's a little slow-going so far. One of my friends wants to do things the easy way with creating monsters & stuff by literally copying other people's Intellectual Properties. He says things like "See this Warhammer figure? This is EXACTLY the look I want for our character!" I'm trying my darndest to get him to realize the goal is to NOT get our pants sued off us because of doing things the easiest way we can (plagarism).

Any way, in Starbucks, me and my other creative team member were discussing the rules of Dungeons & Dragons. People over-hearing us started laughing, banging their fists against the tables, talking louder... just to get our goat. Gosh. How rude!

Anyway, I'm allowed to tell you just the name of the game: "The Legend of the Sacred Stones." It's gonna have maps like D&D, cards for monsters like regular card-based RPGs that people can print off of our official website. Free customers will be allowed to print out 25% of the monsters, 25% of the official maps, and will have certain restrictions Paying Customers will not have to deal with. We aren't going to manufacture dice, figurines, or cards because we don't have the capital right now for that stuff.

© 2013 Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc. Fantasy Flight Games and the FFG logo are ® of Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc.  All rights reserved.
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Contact | User Support | Rules Questions | Help | RSS