Recomendations-Returning Gamers

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 Morbog

Morbog

• Members
  • 3 posts

Posted 02 May 2009 - 03:56 PM

My posse and I have been on furlough for 3 years.  We were active gamers, and RPGers for years, but we havent actively gamed for 3 years.  primarily because we all have 1-4 year olds now.  (we are all 30+) We are all really pressed for time, and are starting small with a "one satruday per month" session. 

We will have 2-4 players.  We need something fast, deployable, and with little "real work" like having a GM or real complicated characters.  We will have about 3-6hrs of game time.Im going to start with Runebound, and see how that goes. But I allllways thought  DECENT would be really cool.  It looks like adungeon crawl, that would be perfect for a "bump & grind" satruday night. (Runbound, which i own is more awide scale travel deal)

Im personally looking for a "minatures" combat game that wont, break the bank..Anyone have thoughts on Tannehauser?  it llooks awesome, and I was really interested when it launched years back.  My otehr option is Warmachine, but  $$$)

We were all big Axis and Allies fiends, and ive been looking for something more "tactical"  Is tide of iron like quantum physics?  I remember Advanced Squad leader, and was too feeble minded to play it..(but I was 12),,

Any suggestions would be awesome..

#2 sepayne7l

sepayne7l

• Members
  • 565 posts

Posted 27 May 2009 - 10:37 AM

Tide of Iron is a great game, and no, it is not too complicated. If you guys could manage Axis and Allies you'll be fine. FFG has a ton of great games depending on your groups likes. Arkham Horror, Descent, Battlestar and Cosmic Encounter hit the table a lot with our group. The rulebooks for FFG games are posted on the site and that may help you decide what to try.

I would always recommend going to boardgamegeek.com and download the rules summaries and player aids for any of the more complicated games.

Have fun.

© 2013 Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc. Fantasy Flight Games and the FFG logo are ® of Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc.  All rights reserved.
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Contact | User Support | Rules Questions | Help | RSS