Photo

how you guys doing against the lord of Darkness?

• Please log in to reply
32 replies to this topic

#1 grim_reaper_zig

grim_reaper_zig

• Members
  • 112 posts

Posted 30 April 2009 - 08:20 AM

Thye lord of darkness is the strongest (and most definetly coolest) enemy we can fight. He's got great strenght and craft, and makes your followers and some spells useless! if you manage to defeat him, you get a treasure and go through his portal to some random place depending on your sucess. How are you guys faring with fighting him? he's tough to take down, and if i do win, i don't go to close to the crown, and if i level to much to kill him, by the time i fight him someone will be at the  crown. what are you guys doing?

#2 Dam

Dam

• Members
  • 7,285 posts

Posted 30 April 2009 - 08:25 AM

grim_reaper_zig said:

Thye lord of darkness is the strongest (and most definetly coolest) enemy we can fight. He's got great strenght and craft, and makes your followers and some spells useless! if you manage to defeat him, you get a treasure and go through his portal to some random place depending on your sucess. How are you guys faring with fighting him? he's tough to take down, and if i do win, i don't go to close to the crown, and if i level to much to kill him, by the time i fight him someone will be at the  crown. what are you guys doing?

Why does he make your Followers useless?

"only characters may attack the
Lord of Darkness; Followers, Spells, or Objects cannot fight in
a character’s place." (p. 7)

Followers normally don't fight in a character's place, they only add to him in combat. If the wording in the Dungeon rules is meant that Objects/Followers etc. can't aid the character against the LoD, it's one of the worst wordings EVER.

Also, I hate all you guys who have Dungeon already ! Random Spells against all of you !

"A dirty mind is its own reward."

#3 Velhart

Velhart

• Members
  • 4,210 posts

Posted 30 April 2009 - 08:38 AM

Dam said:

Also, I hate all you guys who have Dungeon already ! Random Spells against all of you !

Then i play my spell card Reflection !

I hope you rolled a 1 Dam

#4 Dam

Dam

• Members
  • 7,285 posts

Posted 30 April 2009 - 08:54 AM

Velhart, you cheater, you can't have Spells, your Craft is only 2 !

#5 grim_reaper_zig

grim_reaper_zig

• Members
  • 112 posts

Posted 30 April 2009 - 09:18 AM

Dam said:

grim_reaper_zig said:

Why does he make your Followers useless?

"only characters may attack the
Lord of Darkness; Followers, Spells, or Objects cannot fight in
a character’s place." (p. 7)

Followers normally don't fight in a character's place, they only add to him in combat. If the wording in the Dungeon rules is meant that Objects/Followers etc. can't aid the character against the LoD, it's one of the worst wordings EVER.

oh sorry i meant the summons that you can get like the pheonix.  Yeah sorry about that. Also COUNTERSPELL on your random! take that!

#6 Dam

Dam

• Members
  • 7,285 posts

Posted 30 April 2009 - 09:23 AM

Well, Summon Spells have no shot whatsoever against the LoD, so it would be kinda pointless to use them. If you've made it that far in the Dungeon, you're probably high enough to kicks LoDs ass yourself, or have gotten lucky.

#7 Velhart

Velhart

• Members
  • 4,210 posts

Posted 30 April 2009 - 12:58 PM

Dam said:

That's right, but i have a totem staff

So who's the cheater here

#8 grim_reaper_zig

grim_reaper_zig

• Members
  • 112 posts

Posted 01 May 2009 - 08:02 AM

Velhart said:

Dam said:

but my theif stole that remember

#9 Velhart

Velhart

• Members
  • 4,210 posts

Posted 01 May 2009 - 09:07 AM

grim_reaper_zig said:

Velhart said:

Dam said:

But that was a mistake...

Because my Totem Staff was hidden inside my concealed pouch

#10 grim_reaper_zig

grim_reaper_zig

• Members
  • 112 posts

Posted 01 May 2009 - 10:56 AM

Velhart said:

grim_reaper_zig said:

Velhart said:

Dam said:

i looted it after the reaper came and killed you, as it was your time

#11 Velhart

Velhart

• Members
  • 4,210 posts

Posted 02 May 2009 - 01:29 AM

grim_reaper_zig said:

Velhart said:

grim_reaper_zig said:

Velhart said:

Dam said:

i looted it after the reaper came and killed you, as it was your time

That is not possible because i was alive when i cast a spell on Dam

There has been a mistake... ( are you the cheater?

#12 Denim Demon

Denim Demon

• Members
  • 22 posts

Posted 05 May 2009 - 01:14 AM

Just got the expansion yesterday and will be playing tonight! Im looking forward to going up against the Lord!!

#13 playdead

playdead

• Members
  • 50 posts

Posted 05 May 2009 - 10:36 AM

We played a 5 player game last Sunday with the Dungeon. Four of us actually went IN and NONE of us tried going all the way through!!! We found the "regular" monsters in the dungeon to be tough enough, let alone the guy at the end with 12/12!!!!!!!!!    Holy Crap! Seems a tad overpowered to me, especially since you have to beat him by a good margin to get teleported to a decent spot. We'll definitely have future tries at the dungeon, but our first go-round was intimidating...

#14 akuma508

akuma508

• Members
  • 88 posts

Posted 05 May 2009 - 03:56 PM

playdead said:

We played a 5 player game last Sunday with the Dungeon. Four of us actually went IN and NONE of us tried going all the way through!!! We found the "regular" monsters in the dungeon to be tough enough, let alone the guy at the end with 12/12!!!!!!!!!    Holy Crap! Seems a tad overpowered to me, especially since you have to beat him by a good margin to get teleported to a decent spot. We'll definitely have future tries at the dungeon, but our first go-round was intimidating...

I agree with this. I got mine yesterday, and it looks way harder compaired to the outter and middle areas. I'm thinking of a house rule. You win the game by beating the Lord of D. not the normal way up.

I also noticed that the Kitchen is a "MAY" eat, not a "must" compaired to the rest of the broads.

#15 Dam

Dam

• Members
  • 7,285 posts

Posted 05 May 2009 - 07:20 PM

akuma508 said:

I agree with this. I got mine yesterday, and it looks way harder compaired to the outter and middle areas. I'm thinking of a house rule. You win the game by beating the Lord of D. not the normal way up.

Ugh. So anybody who makes it to the end of Dungeon and has Finger of Death, Fireball, etc. will get a free fluke win ? IMO, if the choice is between two goals 1) get Talisman, make it to the Crown or 2) defeat LoD, the latter is 100x more easier. There is no Shatter/Acquisition/etc. of the Talisman at Pits/Werewolf to worry about, Transference doesn't hinder you one bit.

#16 akuma508

akuma508

• Members
  • 88 posts

Posted 05 May 2009 - 09:58 PM

Dam said:

akuma508 said:

Ugh. So anybody who makes it to the end of Dungeon and has Finger of Death, Fireball, etc. will get a free fluke win ? IMO, if the choice is between two goals 1) get Talisman, make it to the Crown or 2) defeat LoD, the latter is 100x more easier. There is no Shatter/Acquisition/etc. of the Talisman at Pits/Werewolf to worry about, Transference doesn't hinder you one bit.

The Pits and Werewolf are easy AS! The hardest part of the inner area is rolling three dise under your stengh/craft.

The fireball can't be used aginst the LoD, if I remeber the rules and spell right. Also, there would also be the rules were you have to kill it (as in you can't use spells or objects to kill/miss it). A real Fight.

#17 Velhart

Velhart

• Members
  • 4,210 posts

Posted 05 May 2009 - 11:12 PM

akuma508 said:

Dam said:

akuma508 said:

The Pits and Werewolf are easy AS! The hardest part of the inner area is rolling three dise under your stengh/craft.

The fireball can't be used aginst the LoD, if I remeber the rules and spell right. Also, there would also be the rules were you have to kill it (as in you can't use spells or objects to kill/miss it). A real Fight.

I think you can cast fireball as normal.

Only followers, spells and objects that fight in a characters place is not possible + you may not evade him

#18 costolaz

costolaz

• Members
  • 33 posts

Posted 05 May 2009 - 11:33 PM

Lord of Darkness is Fingerofdeathable for sure (mentioned in the example in the manual), so we consider it Fireballable too! Having similar spell and a turbo magic carpet could be a way to win a tresaure early

The Assassin is advantaged: he can do his dirty trick on LOD,so he needs 1to6 less counters and his exit from the dungeon is 1to6 more near to the crown!

Other players must use the brute force (counter building) but this seems to take too much time: long before being a match for LOD (12/12), you can aim to inner region (before your opponent does! )

#19 Dam

Dam

• Members
  • 7,285 posts

Posted 06 May 2009 - 01:20 AM

akuma508 said:

Wizard + Teleport & Finger of Death could win in 3 turns . Roll a 6 to move to Ruins, next turn enter, following turn Teleport to the end, Finger of Death, done and done, 2/5 statted Wizard wins, "woot".

#20 costolaz

costolaz

• Members
  • 33 posts

Posted 06 May 2009 - 02:06 AM

great! next you exit in crags with a brand new toy, but a thief jump on you on turn 4 

© 2013 Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc. Fantasy Flight Games and the FFG logo are ® of Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc.  All rights reserved.
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Contact | User Support | Rules Questions | Help | RSS