Wheel of Time, Malazan, Song of Ice and Fire

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 MDMann

MDMann

• Members
  • 275 posts

Posted 29 April 2009 - 02:04 AM

Wizards did a Wheel of Time RPG (not very well IMO) a while back, but didn't support it very well (only one adventure Prophesies of the Dragon, I think).  I suspect FFG could pick up a license to run with this and it has a strong setting with a large fanbase, so commercially it shold be lucrative.  As the author died and the rights passed to his wife, the series is being finished (by Brandon Sanderson) with a release schedule ending in Q4 2011.  This should give both plenty of development time (I'd be suprised if timelimits weren't imposed to prevent early release as he author said he'd be interested in revisting the idea after the series was complete) and plenty of supporting publicity.  The business case for this should be qute good.

I'd also like to see an RPG for the world of the Malazan Book of the Fallen, by Steven Erikson and Ian Cameron Esselmont, but as the authors ar both ardent gamers and have written and playtested their own rules (the idea for the novels was originally an RPG, then a script, now novels) I strongly suspect they'll want to keep the license for their own se and development, but you never know.

Since A Song of Ice and Fire CCG et al. came out, can we look forward to an RPG for this too?

#2 Ruvion

Ruvion

• Members
  • 758 posts

Posted 29 April 2009 - 09:06 AM

Wheel of Time is a rich setting that can easily make the transition to a strategy boardgame or LCG format.

#3 Arkady Saulski

Arkady Saulski

• Members
  • 20 posts

Posted 04 July 2009 - 07:59 AM

I would love to see a game based off the works of Erikson, or Kearney. They would transpond into very good board games.

© 2013 Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc. Fantasy Flight Games and the FFG logo are ® of Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc.  All rights reserved.
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Contact | User Support | Rules Questions | Help | RSS