Recruiting for an online game.

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 zylosan

zylosan

• Members
  • 26 posts

Posted 25 April 2009 - 01:08 PM

If anyone would be interested in playing in an up coming online campaign please let me know.

REPOSTING OF INFO

Several people indicated in another thread an intrest in joining an online campagin if anyone was running one. I have previously ran an online game and am intersted in doing so again, hopefully with Anima rules set but using a different setting. This post contains the relevent details for anyone who might be interests.

First and for most I am new to the Anima rule set. I have on the other hand ran a wide varity of systems for various groups over the last 15 years. (God I have gotten old.) The last game I ran was set in White Wolf's Exalted world. While I love the Exalted Setting I hate its rule set. Specifically its "I Win" aspect in which PC are able to conqour the world pretty much from the get go. I prefer a lower starting power level and a slow power growth curve. Which is what attracted me to the Anima Setting. So far from what I have seen it should meet my desires well.

1. The setting I will be running is a based off of the Exalted Setting with elements stolen from a varity of outher sources. If you are a puriest, are only intrested in playing in the default setting as presented in the book, or want a game in which you already know everything about it. You will not be happy in my game.

2. The Anima rule set will be used as written at the start, with a few limitations on character creation. BUT I tend to make and use quite a few house rules, the number verying with how well written the core game system is and the introduction of new setting elements. Anima is a fairly "crunchy" system, and I have not noticed any glaring problems, BUT I will eventually be creating and using additional rules for various aspects of my setting.

3. OpenRPG is the online client that will be used to host the games. It allows for a dedicated chat room with additonal features that make runing an game easier, including programable dice rollers. Anyone can enter dice scripts and the results as well as the dice script are visible to everyone. (These where questions in another thread.) The downside is that it takes a little computer savey and effort to learn to use it. (You will actually have to expend the effort to read the instructions Gassp)

3. RPG Wiki will be used for character hosting and for presentation of setting materail. This is a link to my setting, which I have not updated recently as I have been busy with school. But will give interested parties something to go off of. Ignore all of the modified Exalted rules. http://rpg.wikia.com/wiki/UE_Exalted

4. Game sessions will most likely be held on Tuesday evenings. I live in the EST in the United States but am some what flexable. I would like to have a session every two weeks, but it depends on my class work for that week. All players will be expected to act in a mature and considerate fashion, anyone unable to do so will be asked to leave.

5. Specific Character Creation Guide lines will be posted to the wikia site, but in general if you are a min/max combat munchkin. You will not be happy in my game. ALL CHARACTERS MUST BE APPROVED BY ME BEFORE THE GAME STARTS, INCLUDES BOTH BACKSTORY AND MECHANICS. I am normally willing to allow pretty much any resonable character build, so long as it does not seem likely to reduce the playing experience of the group as a whole.

6. Anyone interested please leave a note here. Thanks.

#2 Ranek7212

Ranek7212

• Members
  • 133 posts

Posted 06 May 2009 - 08:53 AM

May I offer another suggestion, You could do PbP in www.Rpol.net . Free posting site with thousands of games and players. Just an Idea, so feel free to call me a crack head.

#3 Beldan

Beldan

• Members
  • 9 posts

Posted 25 May 2009 - 08:28 AM

I'm interested in a game.  I've looked at the links you gave and I'm interested.  If you have any new information let me know!

#4 Luced

Luced

• Members
  • 24 posts

Posted 06 November 2009 - 11:42 PM

I havnt played anima yet but I would be intristed very much so if it's in english. I am very experiance ith the exalted setting and material and rules though so fittinginto the world should be no problem for me. would you please send me the details.

#5 commanderq

commanderq

• Members
  • 98 posts

Posted 10 November 2009 - 06:23 AM

Im interseted as well, however I think a campign within the anima world itself would be fun. There are many stories to tell in the new lore.  Hell id be willing to run one myself, however it would be fairly simple in terms of game mechanics.  To me any way online games are more about story then "look at my new +15 greatsword!!!".

Im darkcons on AIM BTW, if you ever want to get this thing rolling.

#6 Luced

Luced

• Members
  • 24 posts

Posted 10 November 2009 - 06:31 PM

You can contct me on msn or windows messanger at Luced0@hotmail.com or send me an email at the same.

#7 Ryuu3050

Ryuu3050

• Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 18 November 2009 - 04:19 PM

I have been studying the system for a while now but have not found anyone to game with as of yet so I would be interested in this, though I have never done an online game before.  When you get back online send me an e-mail through the address given in my profile and I will get back to you as soon as possible.  I am waiting till then.

#8 Kuro

Kuro

• Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 27 November 2009 - 04:01 PM

Is there any place left? If so, I would be interested in joining the game.

© 2013 Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc. Fantasy Flight Games and the FFG logo are ® of Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc.  All rights reserved.
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Contact | User Support | Rules Questions | Help | RSS