My first (public) character

• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

#1 Feldrik

Feldrik

• Members
  • 117 posts

Posted 24 April 2009 - 04:30 AM

This is my first shot at posting an image as well so we will see how it goes.

This character has a batch of 16 herb cards they draw from, they are discarded when used.  Hemlock has no card, you just loose a life. Wolf's Bane lets you evade a werewolf, Garlic lets you evade one vampire. Sage gives a +1 Craft for the turn, Basil gives +1 Strength for the turn. Comfrey heals one life. When the deck is used up there are no more herbs to harvest.

The plan is to have some Adventure cards that contain herbs and some new enemies, events and items to go with the theme.

Let me know what you think, she may need some adjustments.

The picture is by Johnathan Bowser/Forest Mist. I searched for a female personage and you would not believe what I endured to find this beautiful image!

#2 talismanisland

talismanisland

Harbourmaster

• Members
  • 1,946 posts

Posted 24 April 2009 - 10:12 AM

Nice work.

Just one thought might be to allow her a "basket" or "pouch" of some sort that she can keep any number of herbs in rather than messing about with fractions of Objects.

Harbourmaster at Talisman Island - 15 magical years and counting!

Sometimes I even update the Talisman Island Facebook Page!

#3 Feldrik

Feldrik

• Members
  • 117 posts

Posted 24 April 2009 - 10:22 AM

The fractions are kind of clumsy. If I change it so she has a container of some sort I would be inclined to have it hold any four Herbs and not count to the character's item limit. That might be better because if she gets a Mule or something it could throw things out of wack quickly.

#4 talismanisland

talismanisland

Harbourmaster

• Members
  • 1,946 posts

Posted 24 April 2009 - 10:42 AM

That sounds reasonable. I'd have it that she is the only one who can possess the pouch and word it similarly to the Concealed Pouch.

Harbourmaster at Talisman Island - 15 magical years and counting!

Sometimes I even update the Talisman Island Facebook Page!

#5 Feldrik

Feldrik

• Members
  • 117 posts

Posted 24 April 2009 - 11:26 AM

I won't even call it an item, it will be a 'super power' like the Warrior's ability to use two weapons.. She can 'just do it'. That should avoid conflict.

#6 Feldrik

Feldrik

• Members
  • 117 posts

Posted 24 April 2009 - 11:13 PM

Here is the redux. I borrowed some more of Mr. Jonathan Bowser's amazing art work. There is a lot of pictures of fantasy women out there but his are always well done, not that I mind a bit of cheescake, but the tasteful and exotic feel he produces is awsome.

When I get the whole expansion done I will send it to Jon if he wants to post it for everyone.

#7 helios

helios

• Members
  • 20 posts

Posted 25 April 2009 - 06:15 AM

nice work, i like it.

#8 Velhart

Velhart

• Members
  • 4,210 posts

Posted 26 April 2009 - 01:19 AM

Feldrik said:

Here is the redux. I borrowed some more of Mr. Jonathan Bowser's amazing art work. There is a lot of pictures of fantasy women out there but his are always well done, not that I mind a bit of cheescake, but the tasteful and exotic feel he produces is awsome.

When I get the whole expansion done I will send it to Jon if he wants to post it for everyone.

The art is a lot different than the other one.

Very nice

#9 Feldrik

Feldrik

• Members
  • 117 posts

Posted 26 April 2009 - 03:07 AM

This goes along with our thread on wanting more characters that are women. I think most of my homebrews will be ladies, after all my wife is a woman and she like to play Talisman as well!

© 2013 Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc. Fantasy Flight Games and the FFG logo are ® of Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc.  All rights reserved.
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Contact | User Support | Rules Questions | Help | RSS