Jump to content



Photo

Dungeon Clarifications


  • Please log in to reply
21 replies to this topic

#1 talismanamsilat

talismanamsilat

    Talisman Veteran

  • Members
  • 1,334 posts

Posted 22 April 2009 - 11:26 AM

Character Cards in the Dungeon

The Amazon may roll two dice for her movement in the Dungeon.

The Assassin may “assassinate” the Lord of Darkness in the Dungeon.

The Philosopher and Prophetess may discard and replace Dungeon Cards in the Dungeon.

The Sage always knows what the top card is on the Dungeon deck in the Dungeon.

Adventure Cards in the Dungeon

The Astral Conjunction, Fiend Slayer, Market Day, and Prophecy do affect characters in the Dungeon.

The Black Unicorn, Colossus, Horse and Cart, Mule, Riding Horse, Unicorn, Warhorse, and Enemy Followers may be taken into the Dungeon.

The Blizzard and Storm do not affect characters in the Dungeon.

The Flying Carpet and Hearth Rune may be used in the Dungeon.

A Raft may not be taken into the Dungeon.

Spell Cards in the Dungeon

The Alteration, Destruction, Displacement, and Divination Spells may be cast on Dungeon Cards.

The Barrier, Hex, and Summon Storm Spells may be cast on Dungeon spaces.

The Gust of Wind, Misdirection, and Slow Motion Spells do affect characters in the Dungeon.

The Speed, Teleport, and Transference Spells may be cast in the Dungeon.

The Water Walking Spell may not be cast in the Dungeon.

Ell.
 



#2 Velhart

Velhart

    Member

  • Members
  • 4,210 posts

Posted 22 April 2009 - 11:41 AM

Wow !

The Assassin may assassinate the LOD. 

And you can teleport too

Assassin with strength 18 use teleport to get to the LOD and then instant victory

Thanks for giving us the official clarifications Elliot



#3 Velhart

Velhart

    Member

  • Members
  • 4,210 posts

Posted 22 April 2009 - 12:17 PM

Another question came up.

What about Evil Darkness,  Magical Vortex and Taxation?

Do they effect the Dungeon too?( same as 2th edition)



#4 S3v3n11

S3v3n11

    Member

  • Members
  • 26 posts

Posted 22 April 2009 - 02:07 PM

Wow, thanks for this information!



#5 The_Warlock

The_Warlock

    Member

  • Members
  • 1,698 posts

Posted 22 April 2009 - 07:26 PM

talismanamsilat said:

 

Adventure Cards in the Dungeon

The Astral Conjunction, Fiend Slayer, Market Day, and Prophecy do affect characters in the Dungeon.

 

Generally speaking, any Event that affects "the land" should affect Characters in the Dungeon (including Evil Darkness & Magical Vortex). Is it right?

talismanamsilat said:

 

The Black Unicorn, Colossus, Horse and Cart, Mule, Riding Horse, Unicorn, Warhorse, and Enemy Followers may be taken into the Dungeon.

 

But can you use the Riding Horse in the Dungeon?

talismanamsilat said:



The Barrier, Hex, and Summon Storm Spells may be cast on Dungeon spaces.

 

Can I Summon a Storm indoors? Please, don't do this to me!

 

Thanks for the information, Ell.

 



#6 akuma508

akuma508

    Member

  • Members
  • 88 posts

Posted 22 April 2009 - 11:16 PM

To keep things simple the Dungeon should be played like the outter or middle regions.

 

Tho it may not make sense, and helps the game play better. and rember it FANTASY!!!!!! (Anything could happen).



#7 Velhart

Velhart

    Member

  • Members
  • 4,210 posts

Posted 23 April 2009 - 01:55 AM

New Question.

What about Horse Thief and Curfew. It effects the land..( do they effect the dungeon too.

 

(Other question that still needs a answer)

 

What about Evil Darkness, Magical Vortex and Taxation?

Do they effect the Dungeon too?( same as 2th edition)

---------

Why does Astral Conjuction effect the dungeon but not the Blizzard? makes no sense to me...

 



#8 Nemomon

Nemomon

    Member

  • Members
  • 798 posts

Posted 23 April 2009 - 03:29 AM

What about Evil Darkness, Magical Vortex and Taxation?

All of them affect characters in the Dungeon.

 

But can you use the Riding Horse in the Dungeon?

Yes, just like Amazon, who has variable movement.

 

Can I Summon a Storm indoors? Please, don't do this to me!

Weird, but everything is possible..

 

What about Horse Thief and Curfew. It effects the land..( do they effect the dungeon too.

That Events affect Characters and Strangers in the Dungeon as well.

 

Why does Astral Conjuction effect the dungeon but not the Blizzard? makes no sense to me...

Because Astral Conjuction is a magical event, while Blizzard 100% physical


Enter the Talisman Island!

#9 Velhart

Velhart

    Member

  • Members
  • 4,210 posts

Posted 23 April 2009 - 03:43 AM

I have not realised yet, that there is not a existing Taxation card yet for 4th  edition revised 

Maybe we can expect one in the Dungeon expansion adventure cards

 I will wait for Elliot to clarified the card questions.



#10 Nemomon

Nemomon

    Member

  • Members
  • 798 posts

Posted 23 April 2009 - 03:47 AM

I don't know either if Taxation exist in Dungeon or not, but if You really want steal a gold from someone, You will go deep into darkness and Dungeon. That's why it's affect characters in the Dungeon (or  - I'm not sure).


Enter the Talisman Island!

#11 Velhart

Velhart

    Member

  • Members
  • 4,210 posts

Posted 23 April 2009 - 04:00 AM

Nemomon said:

I don't know either if Taxation exist in Dungeon or not, but if You really want steal a gold from someone, You will go deep into darkness and Dungeon. That's why it's affect characters in the Dungeon (or  - I'm not sure).

I mean for the adventure cards on the main board in the dungeon expansion

Maybe we see a Volcano, Haloween, cyclops, sphinx too( as i have already said in the dungeon topic



#12 talismanisland

talismanisland

    Harbourmaster

  • Members
  • 1,946 posts

Posted 24 April 2009 - 02:17 AM

The reason for allowing/disallowing certain things is to simplify matters as much as possible. The fewer exceptions to rules the better.

Things like a Blizzard/Storm would not effect people underground, but Spells like Gust of WInd/Summon Storm would be localised events and could be cast anywhere.

Taking Horses and having other movement bonuses is allowed in the Dungeon as it is a very large place. Not a pothole!

 


Harbourmaster at Talisman Island - 15 magical years and counting!

Sometimes I even update the Talisman Island Facebook Page!

#13 Velhart

Velhart

    Member

  • Members
  • 4,210 posts

Posted 24 April 2009 - 02:42 AM

talismanisland said:

The reason for allowing/disallowing certain things is to simplify matters as much as possible. The fewer exceptions to rules the better.

Things like a Blizzard/Storm would not effect people underground, but Spells like Gust of WInd/Summon Storm would be localised events and could be cast anywhere.

Taking Horses and having other movement bonuses is allowed in the Dungeon as it is a very large place. Not a pothole!

 

Do you maybe know if Horse thief and Curfew effect the dungeon too?

I am waiting until it is official clarified



#14 Dam

Dam

    Member

  • Members
  • 7,292 posts

Posted 23 May 2009 - 07:29 AM

Velhart said:

Do you maybe know if Horse thief and Curfew effect the dungeon too?

I am waiting until it is official clarified

Does the Horse Thief affect the whole land? I mean, yes, it reads "...roaming the land", but on the other hand, it says "you", not every character. Okay, you could see the "you" = each player in turn. Some Events only happen on the character that drew it (Raiders), others affect every char (Evil Darkness).


"A dirty mind is its own reward."


#15 Lubricus

Lubricus

    Member

  • Members
  • 101 posts

Posted 24 May 2009 - 07:03 PM

Dam said:

Velhart said:

 

Do you maybe know if Horse thief and Curfew effect the dungeon too?

I am waiting until it is official clarified

 

 

Does the Horse Thief affect the whole land? I mean, yes, it reads "...roaming the land", but on the other hand, it says "you", not every character. Okay, you could see the "you" = each player in turn. Some Events only happen on the character that drew it (Raiders), others affect every char (Evil Darkness).

Yes, but those Events spell it out clearly, with a phrase like "all characters" or something similar. If it just says "you", it just affects the player drawing the card.



#16 Velhart

Velhart

    Member

  • Members
  • 4,210 posts

Posted 25 May 2009 - 02:50 AM

Dam said:

Velhart said:

 

Do you maybe know if Horse thief and Curfew effect the dungeon too?

I am waiting until it is official clarified

 

 

Does the Horse Thief affect the whole land? I mean, yes, it reads "...roaming the land", but on the other hand, it says "you", not every character. Okay, you could see the "you" = each player in turn. Some Events only happen on the character that drew it (Raiders), others affect every char (Evil Darkness).

Yeah you are right.

Horse Thief effects only the character who draw it ,and you draw that card on the mainboard, so you cannot be in the Dungeon unless there is a Horse Thief card in the Dungeon deck. As you said, it still effect only one player.

But Curfew is possible. If someone draws Curfew on the main board, it will effect the land and strangers can also be discarded in the Dungeon if you ask me... ( same as Evil Darkness



#17 Velhart

Velhart

    Member

  • Members
  • 4,210 posts

Posted 14 June 2009 - 07:57 AM

Another question:

Can you discard a dungeon door with the spell card destruction or with a earth quake?

Can the 2 dungeon doors be on the main board at the same time?

Nothing is mentioned about this in the rules of the dungeon expansion...

 

The reason why i ask this is because i readed the expert book on talisman island download page..

 



#18 Velhart

Velhart

    Member

  • Members
  • 4,210 posts

Posted 15 June 2009 - 06:31 AM

I have speak with Jon, and both dungeon doors may be active on the main board.

It can also be destroyed by earthquake and the destruction spell !



#19 Old Master

Old Master

    Member

  • Members
  • 254 posts

Posted 15 June 2009 - 07:04 AM

That's how it was played back in 3rd edition

Cheer



#20 Velhart

Velhart

    Member

  • Members
  • 4,210 posts

Posted 15 June 2009 - 07:57 AM

Old Master said:

That's how it was played back in 3rd edition

Cheer

That is not possible

Because there are no dungeon door adventure cards in third edition

Only trap doors exist in third edition






© 2013 Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc. Fantasy Flight Games and the FFG logo are ® of Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc.  All rights reserved.
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Contact | User Support | Rules Questions | Help | RSS