Combat Modules

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 Tanin Wulf

Tanin Wulf

• Members
  • 8 posts

Posted 24 November 2008 - 05:36 PM

When I'm creating a character, do I start with knowledge of 1 weapon I want my character to have or do I need to purchase the module?

Thanks!

#2 Black_Zerg

Black_Zerg

• Members
  • 4 posts

Posted 24 November 2008 - 06:29 PM

The first weapon knowledge is free, after that you have to buy all the others you want to learn.

#3 Tanin Wulf

Tanin Wulf

• Members
  • 8 posts

Posted 25 November 2008 - 12:45 AM

That's what I thought, but I cannot, for the life of me, find that in the core. Did I miss it somewhere?

#4 Sgt_Pedro

Sgt_Pedro

• Members
  • 4 posts

Posted 25 November 2008 - 01:30 AM

Page 56, first sentence under "The Idea Behind Modules" says:

When a character develops his Attack and Defense abilities, he does so with a single weapon, which he will have chosen from the beginning. It is also possible to learn to fight without weapons, in which case the character's Combat Ability is considered to be "Unarmed."

#5 Gaglug

Gaglug

• Members
  • 7 posts

Posted 25 November 2008 - 03:19 AM

I missed that part too on my first read-through.   I only caught it on my second rules reading, as I was doing sample character generation.

#6 Ryuuken

Ryuuken

• Members
  • 10 posts

Posted 25 December 2008 - 05:41 AM

The book is 320 pages of packed information its hard taking it all in. After I read it through I missed half the information I needed so I had to reread it twice just to get the basics.... -_-

#7 Dragan

Dragan

• Members
  • 6 posts

Posted 11 January 2009 - 10:24 PM

I found it best that you take copy of c-sheet and pencil and create character as you read, step by step, adding options as you discover them (and making side notes on the sheet for things to watch for).

© 2013 Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc. Fantasy Flight Games and the FFG logo are ® of Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc.  All rights reserved.
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Contact | User Support | Rules Questions | Help | RSS