Photo

IN THE BALANCE, Part 2, Purchase Cards (RC)

• Please log in to reply
No replies to this topic

#1 JCHendee

JCHendee

• Members
  • 2,811 posts

Posted 21 April 2009 - 11:47 AM

IN THE BALANCE, Part 2: Purchase Cards (Release Candidate)

This will be the one and only review process for these cards.  So jump in and give me your feedback if you like.  I will leave the linked archive file available for a week.  Make sure you read the first couple pages of the included PDF to understand why there are twice as many cards as in the standard Purchase deck.

You can find the file HERE.

ADDITIONAL: After careful study of the standard Spell deck, I've decided to put off doing an expansion for it.  There is no reasoning or system inherent in those cards, and so far, attempts to determine a system for creating a balanced addition has met with limited success.  The Spell deck itself isn't very balanced, and already represents most of the fanciful notions that might be possible outside of a systemic approach.  More such are also added with each new commercial expansion.

At a later time I may introduce an alternative approach to spell use, a system that distinguishes between magic and theugy (the powers of religious adventurers).  For now, Part 2 herein will be the last one for a while in the ITB expansion series.  Instead, I'm going to move ahead at a leisurely pace with plans for a 52 card deck called "The Great City" which will be a simplified way to have some "adventure" in the City without need of an additional board.  Thoughts and notions on that as well are welcome.

© 2013 Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc. Fantasy Flight Games and the FFG logo are ® of Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc.  All rights reserved.
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Contact | User Support | Rules Questions | Help | RSS