Damage cards.

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 Bruni

Bruni

• Members
  • 3 posts

Posted 16 April 2009 - 12:16 PM

Okay I've just started playing this game and seem to have discovered a problem, some off the aircraft in Famous aces require a B damage deck. My box contained no B damage deck cards also I was bought the Immelman pack in which many aircraft require a B damage deck and one requires a AB damage deck.

Have I got a box that is missing cards?

What is the essential difference between damage deck A and damage deck B.

If they dont supply you with them then this game, as good as it is, has been sold incomplete and is unfit for purpose.

#2 SHVAK

SHVAK

• Members
  • 49 posts

Posted 16 April 2009 - 01:09 PM

The B-damage deck is only included with Watch Your Back.  Use the rules in Burning Drachens to convert your A-damage deck to B-damage (essentially divide the result by 2).   http://new.fantasyfl...fwarbdrules.pdf

Famous Aces is sold as an A-damage game.  You are not missing any damage cards, nor is the Famous Aces set incomplete.  IMO, the B-damage planes have been included as an "enticer" so you can see the other additions this game can offer should you wish to expand your horizons.

#3 Bruni

Bruni

• Members
  • 3 posts

Posted 16 April 2009 - 08:13 PM

Thanks Shvak that is very helpful to know, my enjoyment of the game will be greatly enhanced knowing I can use all the aircraft.

#4 myrm

myrm

• Members
  • 211 posts

Posted 23 July 2009 - 10:56 PM

Also given these are bonus planes as a taster meaning you balance encounters/missions using them yourself, and the way many pilots and observers tinkered with their armaments you could just play with an A deck till you get a B deck and assume that the pilot of that card mounted an extra Vickers or a twin mount gun

© 2013 Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc. Fantasy Flight Games and the FFG logo are ® of Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc.  All rights reserved.
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Contact | User Support | Rules Questions | Help | RSS