New Tables to play Talisman on!

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 DomaGB

DomaGB

• Members
  • 473 posts

Posted 22 February 2014 - 05:37 PM

Picked up 2 new tables at Sam's Club, folding tables, had to get 2 to play Talisman, any other board game 1 would be enough.

Now I don't have to use the 2nd Edition board to play, but boy oh boy, that 4th edition board is big! and then having to place boards around it!

Still am tempted to try and get a 4th Edition (black box non-revised), its a bit smaller and looks great.

I also got my sleeves and can now sleeve the rest of my collection I got a couple days ago. Will be doing this on my new table(s) in a few minutes.  :)

• Hunter Smith likes this

RoboRally, then Talisman. That's the way it is... ;)

#2 talismanisland

talismanisland

Harbourmaster

• Members
  • 1,950 posts

Posted 22 February 2014 - 07:55 PM

Now that's dedication! :)
Harbourmaster at Talisman Island - 15 magical years and counting!

Sometimes I even update the Talisman Island Facebook Page!

#3 DomaGB

DomaGB

• Members
  • 473 posts

Posted 22 February 2014 - 08:46 PM

2nd best game in the universe, and I am a gamer, so that makes it important.

And my new Talisman expansions are now sleeved.

So I pulled out about 25 Dragon cards because of Dragon Rage, sending dragons on the rest of the regions, and Dragon scale effects; and will be playing with my Dragon expansion variant.

BTW I noticed the alternate ending cards are not the exact same size as the official ones from the Nether realm, but they are close.

I also contacted the guy from Thailand to get more sleeves as I now have 0 left. I had to unsleeve my Toads :( .

These sleeves are the same size for another game I picked up, Heroes Incorporated, so I need the sleeves for them too.

I also noticed that Sacred Pool has an Alternate ending similar from Frostmarch...

Edited by DomaGB, 22 February 2014 - 09:52 PM.

#4 0beron

0beron

• Members
  • 710 posts

Posted 22 February 2014 - 09:04 PM

Can you provide some information on the tables; cost and also dimensions?

Also if you can clarify the "BTW I noticed the alternate ending cards are not the exact same size as the official ones from the Nether realm, but they are close."  

Which alt cards are not the same as nether?   It sounds like Nether is the standard, you're saying, but that is the most recent set, so far.  So I'm not understanding what you mean.

Lastly, I think you made one mistake...

Talisman is actually the best game in the universe ! (snicker)

#5 DomaGB

DomaGB

• Members
  • 473 posts

Posted 22 February 2014 - 09:47 PM

$50 72"L x 30"W x 29"H

http://www.samsclub....4.ip?navAction=

I found that the Nether Alternate ending cards are shorter than the other alternate ending cards. If you are reading the card, the measurement from the bottom to the top is shorter than my other alternate ending cards. Noticeable when looking and holding, but shouldn't be a problem with general mixing and dealing and not paying attention. Mine are sleeved this will fix the problem a lot.

#6 0beron

0beron

• Members
  • 710 posts

Posted 23 February 2014 - 08:44 AM

Thanks for that clarification!  

And the tables are $50 each, I assume. 

Well, not in my budget just yet, but I've been looking for an alternative to my rather large/length semi-antique cherry wood table. It's just not wide enough, even for my 2 player games.

I know a gamer who goes to sewing stores and buys 2 of the cardboard 'top' for tables (to lay out material for sewing, cutting, etc.) and using duct tape or whatever, fabricates a wider top to lay across an existing table.

So, cheaper and lighter, easier to store, etc. You could still cover with a wide enough cloth if you need to, etc.

#7 DomaGB

DomaGB

• Members
  • 473 posts

Posted 23 February 2014 - 11:54 AM

A couple weeks ago my friends and I had a huge game session at a new house which one of them bought. They made a huge table out of 2 4x8 plywood sheets which were connected together with hinges, and laid on tall saw horses. The game of the day was RoboRally, which is the greatest game in the universe. And we placed 32 RoboRally boards on it!

http://boardgamegeek.../1927564/domagb

It was also covered with that fabric you use under rocks to stop plant growth.

I almost did similar with only 1 4x8 and shorter/cheaper saw horses. But another friend showed me these tables and talked me out of it. But the plywood route would be cheaper, and that fabric is cheap too.

In general Talisman takes up more space and this is the 1st time we played such a big RoboRally game, we usually average about 3 boards for RoboRally. Although I was introduced to RoboRally on a 16 board game.

So one 4x8 would have been plenty big.

Edited by DomaGB, 23 February 2014 - 11:56 AM.

© 2013 Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc. Fantasy Flight Games and the FFG logo are ® of Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc.  All rights reserved.
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Contact | User Support | Rules Questions | Help | RSS