Creative artwork cards

• Please log in to reply
343 replies to this topic

#161 Sinamil

Sinamil

• Members
  • 46 posts

Posted 21 April 2014 - 09:33 PM

That art for Orophin is amazing.  Would be a nice combo with Denethor and Mirlonde/Glorfindel in a control deck.

#162 Mndela

Mndela

• Members
  • 922 posts

Posted 24 April 2014 - 05:01 AM

Amazing idea thinking about table talk rules:

jkxq54e.jpg

Maybe a long text but i think it is understandable.

PD: if you respect table talk rules, no problem, before game, you and your friend can speak about which decks and cards you play.

A wizard is never late..., he arrives precisely when it is the last round

#163 Mndela

Mndela

• Members
  • 922 posts

Posted 29 April 2014 - 08:07 AM

Where are Dunedains? Ah ok, hidden and alert behind trees... ok then ^^

IxAwSJz.jpg

#164 Rapier

Rapier

• Members
  • 510 posts

Posted 29 April 2014 - 08:57 AM

I don't understand the fluff of the handed sword card. The rules are kind of cool (I could see a net trap or something that rangers use having something like that).

Why a sword though?

#165 Mndela

Mndela

• Members
  • 922 posts

Posted 29 April 2014 - 11:39 AM

A wanted a kind of weapon or damaging trap, like a dagger, but i didnt found nothing in the web ^^.

Sword, well, light sword, is good for arrow it to an enemy, i imagine that the enemy is hurted by it and can't fight in his 100% strong power.

Another idea could be: the dunedain character is waiting behind a tree (or another place ^^), and when he sees an enemy and wants to damage to him, he does..., and enemy is hurted. But dunedain uses his ability, and cant return to be hidden in the same place (so he loss the attachment).

Edited by Mndela, 29 April 2014 - 11:42 AM.

#166 MyNeighbourTrololo

MyNeighbourTrololo

the Opener of Ways

• Members
  • 2,272 posts

Posted 29 April 2014 - 01:06 PM

Well, it's just Thror's Key for enemies.

That's cursed table-talk, and I'll stick you, if you don't shut it down, see?'

#167 Mndela

Mndela

• Members
  • 922 posts

Posted 29 April 2014 - 03:02 PM

Yes, exactly.

#168 Mndela

Mndela

• Members
  • 922 posts

Posted 30 April 2014 - 03:47 AM

And enemies also, why not?

4esx659.jpg

#169 PsychoRocka

PsychoRocka

• Members
  • 768 posts

Posted 30 April 2014 - 04:13 AM

Already exists:

ffg_the-lord-of-the-dead-tsoe.jpg

~Ash nazg durbatulûk, ash nazg gimbatul, ash nazg thrakatulûk agh burzum-ishi krimpatul~

~One ring to cover the lands in complete and utter misery, one ring for the dark lord to work his wretched trickery~

#170 Mndela

Mndela

• Members
  • 922 posts

Posted 30 April 2014 - 04:42 AM

Is not the same effect. Lord of the Dead affects text of characters, and Assailant affect text of attachments. Lord of the Dead affects all characters player controls, Assailant only the characters that defend or attack.

#171 PsychoRocka

PsychoRocka

• Members
  • 768 posts

Posted 30 April 2014 - 07:02 AM

oh wow yeah sorry my bad, don't know how I missed that attachment part.....

~Ash nazg durbatulûk, ash nazg gimbatul, ash nazg thrakatulûk agh burzum-ishi krimpatul~

~One ring to cover the lands in complete and utter misery, one ring for the dark lord to work his wretched trickery~

#172 Mndela

Mndela

• Members
  • 922 posts

Posted 10 May 2014 - 02:49 AM

Don't forget dwarfs.... ^^

6tzyDWY.jpg

#173 Mndela

Mndela

• Members
  • 922 posts

Posted 10 May 2014 - 03:57 AM

This effect sure we have wished it sometime along our games, for sure!

v99406s.jpg

Specially when the attack is undefended, and the shadow effect is awful.

Edited by Mndela, 10 May 2014 - 04:22 AM.

#174 Mndela

Mndela

• Members
  • 922 posts

Posted 11 May 2014 - 01:52 PM

I always have thought about reading one attachment ^^:

qVHZYlj.jpg

• DurinIII and ZanzibarLand like this

#175 Mndela

Mndela

• Members
  • 922 posts

Posted 22 May 2014 - 09:05 AM

Anoter card more:

7daXD69.jpg

It is similar than Frodo (Black Riders), but without dark power, only using the lore ability (intelligence and technical :)). The diference is this card can't avoid the traits neither the 'when revealed' effects. But anyway, it is powerful to avoid bad enemies and locations, his cost is 2.

Edited by Mndela, 22 May 2014 - 09:05 AM.

• FeloniusBard likes this

#176 FeloniusBard

FeloniusBard

• Members
  • 26 posts

Posted 28 May 2014 - 01:52 AM

So, I went a bit crazy this week coming up with new card concepts. Anyway, see what you think. 

lake-evendim-hunter-sm.png

imladris-messenger-sm.png

shieldarm-of-imladris-sm.png

faramir-spirit-sm.png

elrohir-lore-sm.png

elladan-spirit-sm.png

• Bullroarer Took likes this

#177 FeloniusBard

FeloniusBard

• Members
  • 26 posts

Posted 28 May 2014 - 11:05 AM

Overall, I really like the cards I just posted, but I'm having a tiny bit of trouble deciding something for Spirit Faramir. 

I'm wondering if his ability would be too powerful if it read, "Limit once per quest card," instead of "Limit once per game." I'm thinking that if I left the "Limit once per game," I might change the text to read "All characters" instead of "All heroes." 

Also, I really, really want some help with Spirit Elladan. Having played an Elladan/Elrohir/Loragorn deck almost exclusively for about 4 months now, I'm finally realizing that it's just a nearly impossible combo to play properly. I really like the concept I've created for Lore Elrohir, I think I'd almost permanently change him out for Leadership Elrohir. But I just can't wrap my head around a good concept for Spirit Elladan. 

This idea was to keep the basic "flavor" of his original mechanic, where he pays resources to activate additional actions. But the use case of readying following a treachery is not as universal as the original Elladan multiple-attack synergy. So I added the condition cancellation as a secondary effect. But I'm not sure I'm happy with either. 

What's are some good, thematic, balanced abilities that could be used with Spirit Elladan? 

#178 Mndela

Mndela

• Members
  • 922 posts

Posted 28 May 2014 - 01:15 PM

Faramir: maybe add another kind of limitation like discard an ally in play to... I think one per game is poor, and one per round is overpowered. Instead, if you must pay resources, discard cards or discard something in play could be correct.

Elrohir: i dont like, simply. Too dificult to reach the good effect of his ability. Isn'?

Elladan: not bad, good abilities. Why not?

Edited by Mndela, 28 May 2014 - 01:15 PM.

#179 FeloniusBard

FeloniusBard

• Members
  • 26 posts

Posted 28 May 2014 - 05:52 PM

For Faramir, the idea was that I wanted it to be a major "game changing" ability, similar to Lore Aragorn. You get to do it once, but it's a significant, dramatic effect. I thought of changing it to read "All characters" instead of "All heroes." Late in the game, it could become a huge game-changer. 

The other option is to leave it as "All heroes," but add an additional cost.

For example: 

1. "Spend 2 resources from Faramir's resource pool"
  2. "Discard 2 cards from the Spirit Sphere of Influence from your hand.

Then change the usage limit to "Once per quest stage" (i.e., once for stage 1b, once for 2b, once for 3b, etc.).

Thinking about it, I like the "Discard 2 Spirit cards from your hand" to activate the effect. It makes a nice either / or decision for the player. 

All in all though, I like the basic concept for Spirit Faramir vastly better than the original. It's way more thematically appropriate, since in the books his very presence in battle inspired his followers. 

The more I thought about Elladan, the more I think you're right; it seems like a decent set of abilities. His readying ability also makes a great synergy with Eleanor. 

For Elrohir you think his ability is a little bit UNDER-powered? Hmmm. That's interesting.

Again, the idea from the original twins was that they get to spend resource tokens to gain additional circumstantial actions. 

Maybe something like, "Refresh Action: If Elrohir defended an attack this round, pay a resource token from his resource pool to draw an additional card. Pay an additional token for each point of damage on Elrohir to activate this effect." 

That way if he does take damage during combat, you have an action window to heal him first. This also synergizes nicely with healing cards like Nimrodel, Warden of Healing, Self-preservation, etc. Yes, actually, that's way more elegant, and easy to understand. 

Edited by FeloniusBard, 28 May 2014 - 05:59 PM.

#180 ZanzibarLand

ZanzibarLand

• Members
  • 143 posts

Posted 29 May 2014 - 12:29 AM

What is the shieldarm supposed to do? The timing of the phases means he would be ready for the end of turn only?

© 2013 Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc. Fantasy Flight Games and the FFG logo are ® of Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc.  All rights reserved.
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Contact | User Support | Rules Questions | Help | RSS