Creative artwork cards

• Please log in to reply
343 replies to this topic

#21 Mndela

Mndela

• Members
  • 923 posts

Posted 23 February 2014 - 09:54 AM

Lol, Trololo, your last card is Eowyn, you forgot change the name. I was falling in love, but when i saw her name, i returned to love the new blonde silvan is coming in the new adventure (i dont remember her name).

Very good idea, if she 'goes' to the battle (commmiting in quest phase), she gets power to fight. Yea! ;)

PD: tomorrow i will post my personal version of... Smeagol of Gollum? I prefer Smeagol name but..., then..., if it is unique and, in the 3rd quest of the Hobbit Saga...one problem: Smeagol and Gollum? Both in play? Mmmmh maybe not bad idea: Smeagol had 2 personalities, but, i think people dont like it.

PD2: maybe..., in the 3rd expansion saga is coming, the new epic hero, could be Smeagol? :rolleyes:

Edited by Mndela, 23 February 2014 - 10:04 AM.

A wizard is never late..., he arrives precisely when it is the last round

#22 Mndela

Mndela

• Members
  • 923 posts

Posted 23 February 2014 - 09:56 AM

Very good post by booored: lots of ents, good, and last one attachment. Good. A lot of cards in one moment, i must take time to read slowly each one, but all they seems very good. Congratulations.

#23 booored

booored

• Members
  • 2,038 posts

Posted 23 February 2014 - 10:03 AM

yeah they seam to work ok.. Krummholz needs a claue saying it can not be healed while attached.

"People should be less concerned about whether they are being insulted and more concerned if it is the truth"

#24 Mndela

Mndela

• Members
  • 923 posts

Posted 23 February 2014 - 10:13 AM

Wow, i really like how to work Krummholz. Brilliant idea how to block the attack blocking the shadow card, and his restrictions by wounding.

PD: ents shall go finally to war! ;)

Edited by Mndela, 23 February 2014 - 10:19 AM.

#25 booored

booored

• Members
  • 2,038 posts

Posted 23 February 2014 - 10:43 AM

attachment should probably be each locations gains 1 threat per resource token.

"People should be less concerned about whether they are being insulted and more concerned if it is the truth"

#26 Mndela

Mndela

• Members
  • 923 posts

Posted 23 February 2014 - 10:51 AM

In adittion? In atittion to the +3 threat to each location when it is in staging?

#27 MyNeighbourTrololo

MyNeighbourTrololo

the Opener of Ways

• Members
  • 2,283 posts

Posted 23 February 2014 - 11:39 AM

Uh.. sorry, mate. Fixed this. And laughed.

That's cursed table-talk, and I'll stick you, if you don't shut it down, see?'

#28 legolas18

legolas18

• Members
  • 367 posts

Posted 23 February 2014 - 02:04 PM

How do you post pictures? I have some card ideas but I'm not sure how to get the pictures in my post... But I guess it doesn't matter because I still don't have art for them...

Playing an intense scenario, on the last stage, right when you notice you've been playing with two Bofurs the whole time.

#29 chuckles

chuckles

• Members
  • 296 posts

Posted 23 February 2014 - 03:13 PM

u4-LNw-PNsU.jpg

Really like the artwork and like your idea... I think that the +3 attack would become a tad overpowered and the 4 willpower would probably unbalance the tactics sphere.

For example if you included Theoden and the mounts; Steed of the mark and Rohan warhorse then Eowyn would quest for 5, pay 1 & attack for 4 x 2 (more likely attack for more with a weapon attachment). 

In saying that I would really like to see a tactics Eowyn probably with a really powerful a once per game attack response... something like: If a hero (or unique Rohan Character?) leaves play this combat phase then the next attack Eowyn's participates in ignores the enemies defense value and Eowyn uses her Willpower as her attack value... (once per game).

Still I'm highly doubtful that a 4 willpower tactics Hero will be released as I think it would mess up the sphere's focus somewhat... 

Edited by chuckles, 23 February 2014 - 03:49 PM.

"Do not believe him! He has lost all power, save his voice that can still daunt you and deceive you, if you let it."

#30 booored

booored

• Members
  • 2,038 posts

Posted 23 February 2014 - 03:53 PM

In adittion? In atittion to the +3 threat to each location when it is in staging?

no instead

But I guess it doesn't matter because I still don't have art for them...

Try Google Image Search, Search "thing tmbler", "thing deviant art" "thing art" stuff like that...

#31 MyNeighbourTrololo

MyNeighbourTrololo

the Opener of Ways

• Members
  • 2,283 posts

Posted 23 February 2014 - 04:51 PM

4 willpower tactics hero is what this sphere needs. It will bring them solo tactics capability. 

I initally wanted to give her +Willpower to her attack until the end of the round, but WP has a potential to grow a lot so I decided to give her attack to match her Willpower if she foes to the quest. Yes, I agree, it's a bit too high, prolly needs to be lowered to +2.

The point is, her bonus is usable only if you intrerfere from outside and ready her for the battle somehow. Steed requires a steady flow of resources to be usable. Many steeds - well, that's quite a draw and resource management you'll need to have there.

#32 booored

booored

• Members
  • 2,038 posts

Posted 23 February 2014 - 06:01 PM

Maybe make her

• Eowyn (Tactics)

9 Threat / 1 Will  / 3 Attack

When Eowyn is committed to the quest add her [ATK] to her [WIL]

?

• Eowyn (Tactics)

9 Threat / 1 Will  / 1 Attack

When Eowyn is committed to the quest add 3 to her [WILL].

When Eowyn is ready add 2 to her [ATK]

?

How do you post pictures? I have some card ideas but I'm not sure how to get the pictures in my post... But I guess it doesn't matter because I still don't have art for them...

If you post the cards as I have above I can source some images for you.,

Edited by booored, 23 February 2014 - 06:04 PM.

#33 MyNeighbourTrololo

MyNeighbourTrololo

the Opener of Ways

• Members
  • 2,283 posts

Posted 23 February 2014 - 06:19 PM

My Eowyn needs to quest to get her attack up, which forces player to find means to ready her for the combat phase to use her attack. This creates gameplay situations, which is good and kinda the point.

#34 booored

booored

• Members
  • 2,038 posts

Posted 23 February 2014 - 06:22 PM

yeah these options retains that exact functionality but doesn't make her more powerful than every other card in the game. 4 attack, 4 will for 9 threat is to strong, I think they are a good compromise while retaining the choice between questing and attacking as well as allowing untap effects to power both stats.

#35 MyNeighbourTrololo

MyNeighbourTrololo

the Opener of Ways

• Members
  • 2,283 posts

Posted 23 February 2014 - 06:31 PM

I have already said that +3 should be raplaced with +2(and actually updated the image).

With your first variant, Eowyn can just skip quest to perfrom an attack with a full power. Technically, she is just a 4 will 3 attack until you bump her with attack attachments, and when you do - it's just a flat stat growth.

Your second variant is counter intuitive and hardly usable. Stat bonus which works only while character is ready - you need to ready her after she is declared as an attacker to get her attack bumped, meaning her next exhaustion will be in vain.

#36 chuckles

chuckles

• Members
  • 296 posts

Posted 23 February 2014 - 07:26 PM

4 willpower tactics hero is what this sphere needs. It will bring them solo tactics capability. 

I initally wanted to give her +Willpower to her attack until the end of the round, but WP has a potential to grow a lot so I decided to give her attack to match her Willpower if she foes to the quest. Yes, I agree, it's a bit too high, prolly needs to be lowered to +2.

The point is, her bonus is usable only if you intrerfere from outside and ready her for the battle somehow. Steed requires a steady flow of resources to be usable. Many steeds - well, that's quite a draw and resource management you'll need to have there.

It certainly would make more quests accessible for soloing Tactics.

"Do not believe him! He has lost all power, save his voice that can still daunt you and deceive you, if you let it."

#37 joezim007

joezim007

• Members
  • 764 posts

Posted 23 February 2014 - 07:36 PM

I would keep her the way she is (with the +2 boost) but maybe lower her willpower to three. That way her 9 threat is more of an average of what her stats can be. Also this makes "only" 4 willpower with Theoden in play, which I think works better thematically. Also, if we left her at 4 base willpower, she'd have 5 with Theoden around, which is pretty ridiculous, especially for Tactics.

Edited by joezim007, 24 February 2014 - 01:25 AM.

• chuckles likes this

I once shot an arrow through the pupil of a pig's eye from 300 yards away! Sadly, I was aiming for a different pig.

#38 MyNeighbourTrololo

MyNeighbourTrololo

the Opener of Ways

• Members
  • 2,283 posts

Posted 24 February 2014 - 12:47 AM

If you use Theoden to boost her to 5 - well, good for you, as tactcs sphere lacks any kind of mid/lategame questing power, you'll find even that 5 lacking soon enough(if you go mono tactics). It's Theoden's ability in work after all, why should you degrade one character because it can be booster by another?

About threat, lets refer to our newcomer Eomer. He get's +2 Attack after a character leaves play. Does any of his base stats is diminished because of this? No. And, unlike Eowyn, he can utilize this stat without help from the side(readying mechanics).

#39 joezim007

joezim007

• Members
  • 764 posts

Posted 24 February 2014 - 12:52 AM

Here's a card I came up with a while ago:

Shadowfax.jpg?dl=1&token_hash=AAEGRKl3KF

He essentially serves the purpose of getting Gandalf where he needs to be quicker by bringing him into play quicker (making him cheaper) and bringing his aid to help defend against an attack (by adding his defense to a defender).

The other real thematic possibilities for mounts involve either readying or location control, but there's enough of that. I wanted to do something new. Something that would be especially good for Gandalf. Adding 4 defense to a character is a huge boost, but it comes at the cost of exhausting Gandalf. This isn't a huge deal since you are likely using the Hobbit Gandalf if you're using this card, so you can still quest (since he doesn't exhaust to quest), and if you end up not needing Gandalf to help with defending, he is then available to lend his 4 attack to help destroy enemies.

This card essentially just makes Gandalf more versatile by giving the option to allow Gandalf to help with defending, rather than by defending alone. This can make Gandalf a very powerful card in Hobbit decks where you have Frodo as the defender, but you want to keep your threat within secrecy range, so you give Frodo more defense so he receives less damage.

Also note that the defense boost lasts until the end of the phase, so if the defender has readying effects, he has the boost for multiple attacks.

-----

In case the image fails to load, here's the card as text:

Cost: 1
Neutral Attachment

Mount. Noble.

Attach to Gandalf or put into play unattached.

Forced: After Shadowfax is put into play unattached, play Gandalf from your hand for 2 fewer resources than his printed cost or discard Shadowfax.

Response: After a character is declared as a defender, exhaust Shadowfax and attached Gandalf to add Gandalf’s defense to that character until the end of the phase.

I once shot an arrow through the pupil of a pig's eye from 300 yards away! Sadly, I was aiming for a different pig.

#40 joezim007

joezim007

• Members
  • 764 posts

Posted 24 February 2014 - 01:24 AM

If you use Theoden to boost her to 5 - well, good for you, as tactcs sphere lacks any kind of mid/lategame questing power, you'll find even that 5 lacking soon enough(if you go mono tactics). It's Theoden's ability in work after all, why should you degrade one character because it can be booster by another?

About threat, lets refer to our newcomer Eomer. He get's +2 Attack after a character leaves play. Does any of his base stats is diminished because of this? No. And, unlike Eowyn, he can utilize this stat without help from the side(readying mechanics).

Well, I guess I'd put her down to 3 willpower with 8 threat then. I just don't feel that having a character with 4 base willpower belongs in the Tactics sphere. Sure Tactics could use some help in the questing department, but Theoden (boosted to 3WP) + 4WP Tactics Eowyn (boosted to 5WP) + any other 2WP Tactics hero (boosted to 3WP) or any 3WP hero would be a higher starting willpower than any other combination of heroes currently available in the game. A deck with 67-100% Tactics should not be the strongest questing deck (hero-wise) in the game. It's not their niche.

3/1/1/3 with a +2(or 3) boost to attack is still a pretty darn good hero.

• chuckles likes this

© 2013 Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc. Fantasy Flight Games and the FFG logo are ® of Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc.  All rights reserved.
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Contact | User Support | Rules Questions | Help | RSS