Advise on anti-personnel use of ship weapons

• Please log in to reply
21 replies to this topic

#21 progressions

progressions

• Members
  • 1,512 posts

Posted 01 March 2014 - 02:07 AM

We had some PCs being strafed by fighters as they clambered into their ship and prepared to take off. 

I rolled a Gunnery attack by one of the fighter minion groups against one of the PCs who was out in the open.

It hit, but I didn't want to obliterate the PCs so I just picked an amount of damage for the shot to do, and narrated the strafing as blasting into the ground near the PC. The PC took something like 10 points of damage and we carried on.

In retrospect I now feel confident that the scene could have been even more exciting if the PC had been knocked out by the blast, taking a Critical Hit and being reduced to something like 1 or 2 above Wound Threshold. This would have made it much more dangerous as they launched their freighter and got into combat positions to defend against the fighters. 

Anyway, in cases where something goes a little more severe than I'd like it to, I just make a ruling at the table. I feel like it's important to remember this isn't a computer game and we're not mechanical processes, we're interpreting the rules as we feel works best for our games.

EOTE Styles and Dice Symbols for Obsidian Portal

Our group's EOTE Obsidian Portal: Explorers on the Edge

#22 Tamati Khan

Tamati Khan

• Members
  • 185 posts

Posted 01 March 2014 - 04:47 AM

The multiplier is x10, so the weapon does 60 Wounds + 10 Wounds per success. It means that vehicle weapons devastate non-vehicle targets. Depending on your views, this can be good or bad, but I think it's far less satisfying than the D6 scaling solution.

:angry: hmmmm  :mellow: hehe  :) haha  :D wuhaha  :lol: muwuhahahahahahahahahahahahahaaaaaa!

I'm evil

Tamati "Tom" Khan

1983 - 2014

Was happiest when discussing all things Miniature Wargaming and Star Wars.

© 2013 Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc. Fantasy Flight Games and the FFG logo are ® of Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc.  All rights reserved.
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Contact | User Support | Rules Questions | Help | RSS