SW Rebels ships?

• Please log in to reply
11 replies to this topic

#1 RogueLieutenant

RogueLieutenant

• Members
  • 448 posts

Posted 20 February 2014 - 05:15 PM

With the new show coming out, who thinks we'll see ships introduced in SW Rebels? 

Ghost: 

post-2028-0-91493000-1375121148.jpg

Or this new Tie Variant thingy if this is actually a new kind of tie... 

HasbroVehicles_Fotor_Collage2.jpg

Yeah, well, you know, that's just, like, your opinion, man.

Looking for a podcast that talks and writes about X-Wing (and other FFG Star Wars games)? 

Here you go: The Jodo Cast 

#2 Captain Lackwit

Captain Lackwit

HWK Pilot

• Members
  • 2,250 posts

Posted 20 February 2014 - 05:17 PM

Aaahha! AHAHAH! YES! THEY'RE USING THAT CONCEPT ART!? OH THANK THE FORCE.

Man I HOPE we see these things in X-Wing. They're awesome. With the Ghost, I wonder, it can launch a smaller ship. How would that work in XWMG?

"There's got to be a better way to make a living..." -Kyle Katarn
Resident HWK-290 Enthusiast, Trainee pilot. _\.o./_
Kills: |o| |o| |o| {o} {o} (o) >o<

STAR WARS: REBELS Discussion Thread

#3 RogueLieutenant

RogueLieutenant

• Members
  • 448 posts

Posted 20 February 2014 - 05:30 PM

That tie looks cool, but I can't imagine it would have any different stats than the regular tie. 

• oneway likes this

Looking for a podcast that talks and writes about X-Wing (and other FFG Star Wars games)? 

#4 oneway

oneway

Imperial Bomber Pilot

• Members
  • 2,891 posts

Posted 20 February 2014 - 05:37 PM

Honestly, I dont see them doing these until much later. Maybe I'm overly sceptical, but they have so much they can use right now, and they will have to get the license to use them, I dont see it happening in the near future.

Also, is it just me, or does the Ghost look a little fat in the belly ... just strikes me as odd looking, I know it's a transport and needs cargo space, but it looks odd in a straight on side view. This angle does make it look ok though..

"I mean, come on kid, my armor's older than you are.."

"Hahaha. Very funny, at least I only hit the enemy target, Ya collateral bastard."

Corp. Haig Talin, MK - 472

Armor 18 - Fire - N - Ice 181st Mechanized Armor Assault Div

#5 RogueLieutenant

RogueLieutenant

• Members
  • 448 posts

Posted 20 February 2014 - 05:42 PM

Honestly, I dont see them doing these until much later. Maybe I'm overly sceptical, but they have so much they can use right now, and they will have to get the license to use them, I dont see it happening in the near future.

Also, is it just me, or does the Ghost look a little fat in the belly ... just strikes me as odd looking, I know it's a transport and needs cargo space, but it looks odd in a straight on side view. This angle does make it look ok though..

The issue I take with it is it look like Boba Fett's armor color scheme... :\

#6 oneway

oneway

Imperial Bomber Pilot

• Members
  • 2,891 posts

Posted 20 February 2014 - 05:47 PM

I guess I didnt see that pattern in it.. still dont, really.. but I can see what you mean..

"Hahaha. Very funny, at least I only hit the enemy target, Ya collateral bastard."

#7 Sithborg

Sithborg

• Members
  • 2,450 posts

Posted 20 February 2014 - 05:49 PM

The amount of other ships available to them really doesn't matter. It matters if FFG wants to do them. And probably even more importantly, if LFL wants them to make them. LFL has no problem using their licensors as part of the marketing plan. And for as big a project as Rebels is, I wouldn't be surprised to see Wave 5 be Rebels related.

#8 Captain Lackwit

Captain Lackwit

HWK Pilot

• Members
  • 2,250 posts

Posted 20 February 2014 - 06:28 PM

I really want the ghost, entirely because of the extremely toyetic feature it has regarding that little fighter it can poop out.

That'd be a REALLY interesting dynamic in XWMG

"There's got to be a better way to make a living..." -Kyle Katarn
Resident HWK-290 Enthusiast, Trainee pilot. _\.o./_
Kills: |o| |o| |o| {o} {o} (o) >o<

STAR WARS: REBELS Discussion Thread

#9 Eltnot

Eltnot

• Members
  • 980 posts

Posted 20 February 2014 - 07:11 PM

I really want the ghost, entirely because of the extremely toyetic feature it has regarding that little fighter it can poop out.

That'd be a REALLY interesting dynamic in XWMG

Could be a two ship box.

Carpe Jugulum

Spoiler

#10 oneway

oneway

Imperial Bomber Pilot

• Members
  • 2,891 posts

Posted 20 February 2014 - 07:56 PM

The amount of other ships available to them really doesn't matter. It matters if FFG wants to do them. And probably even more importantly, if LFL wants them to make them. LFL has no problem using their licensors as part of the marketing plan. And for as big a project as Rebels is, I wouldn't be surprised to see Wave 5 be Rebels related.

I dont, know... Disney has the license now, so they control what comes out. We'll see what happens, and it won't be sooner than next year. Speculation can be fun, but too far out and it just becomes wishfull thinking and everyone arguing that their idea is better..

#11 Sithborg

Sithborg

• Members
  • 2,450 posts

Posted 20 February 2014 - 08:02 PM

Disney/LFL, same difference.

#12 Audio Weasel

Audio Weasel

• Members
  • 809 posts

Posted 20 February 2014 - 08:16 PM

I dont, know... Disney has the license now, so they control what comes out. We'll see what happens, and it won't be sooner than next year. Speculation can be fun, but too far out and it just becomes wishfull thinking and everyone arguing that their idea is better..

Speculation, wishful thinking, and everyone arguing?  On the INTERNET?!?!?!?!?!?!  Never.

• oneway likes this

Current Fleet:

Rebel: 4 A-Wings, 4 B-Wings, 2 HWK-290's, 3 YT-1300s, 4 X-Wings, 2 Y-Wing, 1 Tantive IV, 1 Rebel Transport, 4 E-Wing, 7 Z-95, 2 Rebel Aces, 2 YT-2400

Imperial:  3 Lambda Shuttles,  2 Firespray-31's, 3 Tie Advanced, 4 Tie Bombers, 6 Tie Fighters, 2 Tie Interceptors,   2 Imperials Aces, 4 TIE Phantom, 4 TIE Defender, 2 Decimator

On Pre-order: 2 IG-2000, 4 Starviper, 4 Scik Interceptor, 2 Most Wanted

© 2013 Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc. Fantasy Flight Games and the FFG logo are ® of Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc.  All rights reserved.
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Contact | User Support | Rules Questions | Help | RSS