A Z-95 I would buy....

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 Tamati Khan

Tamati Khan

• Members
  • 185 posts

Posted 20 February 2014 - 03:58 PM

The title says it all really. As it stands, regardless of the rules, I just don't like how the Z-95 model FFG are releasing looks so I wouldn't buy it. On the positive side, if the rules proved tempting enough, Shapeways saves the day.....

674x501_1399171_1464660_1381921735.jpg

There are others but I think this one's my favourite. You can check out the page yourself here: http://www.shapeways...ch?q=1/270 Z-95

Edited by Tamati Khan, 20 February 2014 - 04:07 PM.

Tamati "Tom" Khan

1983 - 2014

Was happiest when discussing all things Miniature Wargaming and Star Wars.

#2 Captain Lackwit

Captain Lackwit

• Members
  • 1,310 posts

Posted 20 February 2014 - 04:16 PM

See that's a cool ship but it's basically a Z-95 in name only. I dunno' what's wrong with the basic Z-95. It's supposed to look kinda' crappy, and I, personally, admire that.

• Viceroy Bolda likes this

"There's got to be a better way to make a living..." -Kyle Katarn
Resident HWK-290 Enthusiast, Trainee pilot. _\.o./_
Kills: |o| |o| |o| {o} {o} (o) >o<

#3 Tamati Khan

Tamati Khan

• Members
  • 185 posts

Posted 20 February 2014 - 04:17 PM

See that's a cool ship but it's basically a Z-95 in name only. I dunno' what's wrong with the basic Z-95. It's supposed to look kinda' crappy, and I, personally, admire that.

I'm shallow

Tamati "Tom" Khan

1983 - 2014

#4 VanorDM

VanorDM

Rules Ninja

• Members
  • 3,606 posts

Posted 20 February 2014 - 04:22 PM

To me that looks nothing like the predecessor of the X-Wing, which is what the Z-95 should look like. I think the model they picked is great, it looks exactly like it should IMO.

#5 Utsanomiko

Utsanomiko

• Members
  • 110 posts

Posted 20 February 2014 - 04:27 PM

The thing about the Z-95 is it's such prevalent ship model that's been long in production that it seems to have many variations in appearance.

Though it begs the question they're all numbered as marks of Z-95s and not some variant model like Z-95b, Z-96, Y-95, or some such.

Maybe it's like Dr Pepper; it's Incom/Subpro's lead product and they simply updated the aesthetics but don't dare change the components (asides the occasional 2-engine/4-engine variant and weapon load-outs).

#6 Tamati Khan

Tamati Khan

• Members
  • 185 posts

Posted 20 February 2014 - 04:27 PM

To me that looks nothing like the predecessor of the X-Wing, which is what the Z-95 should look like. I think the model they picked is great, it looks exactly like it should IMO.

I can see your point, it does and should look like a pre-X-Wing design, but I just don't like the model.

Do the rules make it cooler than it looks?

Tamati "Tom" Khan

1983 - 2014

#7 Captain Lackwit

Captain Lackwit

• Members
  • 1,310 posts

Posted 20 February 2014 - 05:21 PM

Well it's a chuddy little ship that is overall weak but is also inexpensive, you can toss them all over the table and each can carry missiles, which an X-Wing and Y-wing cannot do, and it's cheaper than an A-Wing.

So yeah I'd say it's worthwhile.

• Tamati Khan likes this

"There's got to be a better way to make a living..." -Kyle Katarn
Resident HWK-290 Enthusiast, Trainee pilot. _\.o./_
Kills: |o| |o| |o| {o} {o} (o) >o<

© 2013 Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc. Fantasy Flight Games and the FFG logo are ® of Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc.  All rights reserved.
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Contact | User Support | Rules Questions | Help | RSS