Saber Squadron vs Rouge Squadron

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 Hrathen

Hrathen

• Members
  • 1,348 posts

Posted 20 February 2014 - 03:33 PM

Last night I played a game against a friend and without planning to do it we basically did a rouge squadron vs saber squadron duel.  It was awesome.

My List:

Soontir+PtL+SD

Saber Squadron + VI

Saber Squadron + PtL

Saber Squadron

His List:

Wedge+R2D2

Red Squadron

Red Squadron

Rookie Pilot

I usually play Imperials and showing up to the table with the same number of ships as my opponent and none of them having more than 3 hull almost sent me into a panic attack.

Push the Limit + Stealth Device combined with some defensive flying made Soontir almost impossible to hit.  He didn't take a point of damage all game.  And He drew a ton of hate.  Mostly I was lucky that the stealth device never went away.  4 agility and an evade token is pretty hard to hit.

The game was such a blast.  X-wings were definitely more resilient, but the Interceptors were harder to hit.

I loved playing the Interceptors because I really felt like they reward good game play.

R2D2 was awesome on Wedge.  I seemed to only ever put one point of damage on him and then R2D2 would just heal it.

In the end it came down to Soonter vs a Red Squadron Pilot.  With my superior dial and PtL I was able to never let the X-wing get another shot against me.

Putting an end to this distructive conflict and bringing order to the galaxy.

#2 Guitarquero

Guitarquero

• Members
  • 135 posts

Posted 20 February 2014 - 03:40 PM

me and a buddy did something similar except i wanted to try out Biggs Luke and Wedge. It was down to wedge and Soontir he still had stealth device, i got in 3 hits and he rolled blanks on all 4 of his defence dice. 

Interceptors and X-Wings are definitely my favourite ships

Rebels: 4 Xwings, 2 Ywings, 2 Awings, 2 Bwings, 2 HWK 290, 2 YT-1300

Imperials: 6 TIE, 3 TIE/In, 2 TIE/A, 2 TIE/B, 2 Firespray, 2 Lamda

#3 StevenO

StevenO

• Members
  • 1,712 posts

Posted 20 February 2014 - 05:09 PM

Who won initiative?  It makes a difference in half the match ups because giving you initiative means all your ships would fire before most of his while if he had initiative he'd get to fire fire first and then fourth and fifth.  Shooting 1,4,5,8 is better than going 2,6,7,8 although if he moved first that sure would make your rolling and boosting easier; assuming the Rookie didn't telegraph everything anyway.

#4 GroggyGolem

GroggyGolem

• Members
  • 558 posts

Posted 21 February 2014 - 01:35 AM

Rogue* Squadron.

Rouge is red in French. :3

Rebels: 3 X-Wing, 1 Y-Wing, 1 A-Wing, 1 B-Wing, 1 YT-1300

Imperials: 5 TIE/LN, 1 TIE/ADV, 1 TIE/IN, 1 Firespray-31

#5 Eruletho

Eruletho

• Members
  • 554 posts

Posted 21 February 2014 - 10:29 AM

Rogue* Squadron.

He meant Rouge, because half the list is Red Squadron pilots, and Wedge was in Red Squadron, and Luke was a rookie when he vaped the Death Star... from Red Squadron...... GO ROUGE SQUADRON

#6 GroggyGolem

GroggyGolem

• Members
  • 558 posts

Posted 21 February 2014 - 01:51 PM

Rogue* Squadron.

He meant Rouge, because half the list is Red Squadron pilots, and Wedge was in Red Squadron, and Luke was a rookie when he vaped the Death Star... from Red Squadron...... GO ROUGE SQUADRON

Touché

Rebels: 3 X-Wing, 1 Y-Wing, 1 A-Wing, 1 B-Wing, 1 YT-1300

Imperials: 5 TIE/LN, 1 TIE/ADV, 1 TIE/IN, 1 Firespray-31

© 2013 Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc. Fantasy Flight Games and the FFG logo are ® of Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc.  All rights reserved.
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Contact | User Support | Rules Questions | Help | RSS