Star Wars: Rebels

• Please log in to reply
75 replies to this topic

#1 Captain Lackwit

Captain Lackwit

• Members
  • 1,312 posts

Posted 20 February 2014 - 02:10 PM

Okay. Maybe it's not directly X-Wing related, even though I'm hashin' my bets that we'll see The Ghost in XWMG.

So what do you guys think so far? I've seen all the character reveal trailers, and I really honestly like them all so far.

• Yogibaer13 and LukesFather like this

"There's got to be a better way to make a living..." -Kyle Katarn
Resident HWK-290 Enthusiast, Trainee pilot. _\.o./_
Kills: |o| |o| |o| {o} {o} (o) >o<

#2 Jfitz1431

Jfitz1431

• Members
  • 268 posts

Posted 20 February 2014 - 02:31 PM

I think it looks good. I like the designs of the characters and the art direction. But I am kind of on the fence about anything Star Wars being released as far as film and television. I'm kind of lukewarm about all of it honestly. But I'll definitely check it out once it airs, and I'll be reserving my judgment till then. Hope it's good!

#3 oneway

oneway

Imperial Bomber Pilot

• Members
  • 1,965 posts

Posted 20 February 2014 - 02:33 PM

Any links you could drop here so we could see what you're talking about..

"I mean, come on kid, my armor's older than you are.."

Corp. Haig Talin, MK - 472

Armor 18 - Fire - N - Ice

181st Mechanized Armor Assault Div

#4 Audio Weasel

Audio Weasel

• Members
  • 708 posts

Posted 20 February 2014 - 02:36 PM

I caught the trailers in articles on i09.  I don't have cable, but it looks good enough for me to intend on getting a season pass to stream it instead of waiting for it to hit Netflix.

Current Fleet:

Rebel: 4 A-Wings, 4 B-Wings, 2 HWK-290's, 3 YT-1300s, 4 X-Wings, 2 Y-Wing, 1 Tantive IV, 1 Rebel Transport, 4 E-Wing, 5 Z-95 

Imperial:  3 Lambda Shuttles,  2 Firespray-31's, 3 Tie Advanced, 4 Tie Bombers, 6 Tie Fighters, 2 Tie Interceptors,   2 Imperials Aces, 4 TIE Phantom, 4 TIE Defender

On Pre-order:2 Z-95, 2 Rebel Aces, 2 YT-2400, 2 Decimator

#5 Captain Lackwit

Captain Lackwit

• Members
  • 1,312 posts

Posted 20 February 2014 - 02:45 PM

Any links you could drop here so we could see what you're talking about..

A little google search can go a long way.

No offense.

I think it looks good. I like the designs of the characters and the art direction. But I am kind of on the fence about anything Star Wars being released as far as film and television. I'm kind of lukewarm about all of it honestly. But I'll definitely check it out once it airs, and I'll be reserving my judgment till then. Hope it's good!

Well look at it this way. We've got nowhere to go but up after things like... Star Wars... Kinect... *shudder*

Regardless, I'm cautiously optimistic myself. I really like the design of the crew already- pretty sure I've already picked my favorite (Sabine, even though that droid looks like fun.) and The Ghost is really kinda' growing on me. Big ugly, chuddy ship. What's not to like? It's like The Falcon but not the falcon, and it's different enough to not hate.

"There's got to be a better way to make a living..." -Kyle Katarn
Resident HWK-290 Enthusiast, Trainee pilot. _\.o./_
Kills: |o| |o| |o| {o} {o} (o) >o<

#6 oneway

oneway

Imperial Bomber Pilot

• Members
  • 1,965 posts

Posted 20 February 2014 - 03:26 PM

No offense taken, I was just thinking you might have a link to it directly, handy.. thanks

#7 RedWilde

RedWilde

• Members
  • 349 posts

Posted 20 February 2014 - 04:22 PM

I don't always geek out over character teaser videos, but when I do, I order vacuform machine parts so I can make a machine and learn how to make vacuform armour, and then build her costume =^,^=

While I'm finishing my A Wing Pilot costume, I'll be learning how to do this vacuforming thing.  And when the A-Wing is done, launching into doing up Sabine.  The vacuform will be handy for one of the A-Wing parts too, which was going to be tricky to do by other means.

No derby girl can resist this: http://www.hollywood...t-sabine-681433

Edited by RedWilde, 20 February 2014 - 04:49 PM.

• jpwhitfo likes this

#8 Sithborg

Sithborg

• Members
  • 1,520 posts

Posted 20 February 2014 - 04:24 PM

All I know, is that I am really, really liking the designs shown so far. The seem to be really creative. I'm looking forward to it, as I like the creative team.

#9 Rakky Wistol

Rakky Wistol

• Members
  • 2,389 posts

Posted 20 February 2014 - 04:47 PM

I'm hoping for something more toward the awesome cartoon network Clone Wars than the later stuff that was "clone wars".  Star Wars needs to be a little dirty, not gritty and a little gray, not dark to really be Star Wars. 

#10 Gosric

Gosric

• Members
  • 471 posts

Posted 20 February 2014 - 05:27 PM

Am i the only one who doesnt like the Ghost? It isnt terrible but it has no real sense of 'Look here come the plucky heroes in their  plucky ship'  It does have some design elements i like but as a whole is just so so.

• oneway likes this

The Sea of Stars will be my home, Under the black flag of freedom

http://lorelei-shipy...blr.com/archive

https://www.shapeway...ric?sort=newest

#11 RedWilde

RedWilde

• Members
  • 349 posts

Posted 20 February 2014 - 05:34 PM

The Ghost certainly doesn't have the plucky asymmetrical look of the Falcon, that's for sure.  But I like the B-26 Bomber vibes of it well enough.  It's very Star Warsy at least.

ghost1.jpg

B26_in_air.jpg

Edited by RedWilde, 20 February 2014 - 10:35 PM.

• oneway and aadh like this

#12 oneway

oneway

Imperial Bomber Pilot

• Members
  • 1,965 posts

Posted 20 February 2014 - 05:40 PM

I don't always geek out over character teaser videos, but when I do, I order vacuform machine parts so I can make a machine and learn how to make vacuform armour, and then build her costume =^,^=

While I'm finishing my A Wing Pilot costume, I'll be learning how to do this vacuforming thing. And when the A-Wing is done, launching into doing up Sabine. The vacuform will be handy for one of the A-Wing parts too, which was going to be tricky to do by other means.

No derby girl can resist this: http://www.hollywood...t-sabine-681433

Would love to see this when you're done with it.. if I could afford to do that kind of stuff, I'd have stormtrooper armor .. lol..

You arent alone Gosric, I think it looks odd, 'fat' is really what I mean.. just looks odd, maybe my ideas about smooth smugglers is taking over.. lol.
I agree with RedWilde though I do appreciate the old world bomber aspect..

Edited by oneway, 20 February 2014 - 05:45 PM.

#13 RedWilde

RedWilde

• Members
  • 349 posts

Posted 20 February 2014 - 05:51 PM

Would love to see this when you're done with it.. if I could afford to do that kind of stuff, I'd have stormtrooper armor .. lol..

There will definitely be WIP and final pix on the blog!  Quick and dirty convention costumes can be done pretty cheaply, the full Rebel Legion - 501st Legion - Mandalorian Mercs approved ones aren't so cheap.  But I've been excited to start working to join up with them.  The charity work these organisations do is the best excuse I've come across for diving into the high end costuming!  Last year I met the local Rebel & 501st folks while I was running X-Wing at Boston ComicCon.  They're great people and I'm looking forward to trooping with them.

At least with Storm Trooper armour, you can buy the vacuform kits from folks who've already worked them out!  My A-Wing helmet kit is on order and should be arriving any day.  I'll be doing Sabine from scratch, but then presuming I get it all worked out, I can then offer that kit for sale to others.  A couple of the local Legion folks have a lot of experience creating these, and they'll be helping me out a lot.

• oneway and RealShinigami like this

#14 Gosric

Gosric

• Members
  • 471 posts

Posted 20 February 2014 - 09:19 PM

Red - im a huge fan of WW2 aircraft design (any doubts about that would be dispelled with a glance at the nose of my Corvan smuggler *L*).and the parts that have that influence are the parts i like  But to me it just looks like someone tacked a drive module and a WW2 bomber cockpit onto the Narcissus from Alien. I guess it just seems like a lazy design

#15 LukesFather

LukesFather

• Members
  • 333 posts

Posted 20 February 2014 - 09:53 PM

I was going to make this...before anyone else posted. It would b a nice ORS. If they make it it should have a different arc on the front, wider I think. I started to try and build it in 3d max tonght.

Rebels -  3 A wing - 5 B wing - 2 E wing - 2 HWK - - 5 Xwing - 2 YT-1300 - 2 Y wing - 3 Z95
Imperials - 6 Tie/F - 1 Adv/T - 2 Firespray - 3 Tie/I - 1 Aces - 2 Lambda - 3 TIE/B - 2 Tie/P - 2 Tie/D

EPIC - GR-75

Custom - 1 YV-545 (yt1300 conversion)

#16 RedWilde

RedWilde

• Members
  • 349 posts

Posted 20 February 2014 - 10:45 PM

Gosric, I can see where you're coming from.  

But I'm willing to let this design grow on me.  Individually, the Falcon is better.  But because the Ghost looks like such a bomber, I think having a flight of them on the table will look way better than a bunch of ORS YT-1300s.

#17 Gosric

Gosric

• Members
  • 471 posts

Posted 20 February 2014 - 10:56 PM

It might well grow on me expecially once i see it in action. And it would be a nice alternative to duplicated Falcons

#18 warrasmus

warrasmus

• Members
  • 30 posts

Posted 24 February 2014 - 06:35 PM

Wave 5

I aint that hooked on starwars as television series, well i loved Genndy tartakovsky's clone wars. The CGI version of clone wars had some cool design, saw the pilot in cinema with my girlfriend because we where in Krakow and it was the only english speaking movie we could find. She hated it... I was kinda: Whatever.

The rest of the show I watch with my nephew when I am babysitting him and I enjoy watching it together with him, have never feelt the need to see an episode alone.

I like some of the design even better in Rebels (especially agent Kallus) but dislike the Inquisitor (there should only be two sith guys in the rebellion era in my view). I think that the ships from rebels might become wave 5, it could be something like this:

Rebels:

The Ghost: aka another cool Falcon

Medium base

Pilots: Hera Syndulla, Kanan Jarrus

Crew: Ezra Dridger, Zeb Orretios and Sabine

Upgrades: crew, turret

http://starwars.wiki...host_(starship)

Phantom Craft: aka the grey lunchbox

Small base.

Pilots: Ezra Dridger, Zeb Orretios and Sabine

Upgrades: missiles, droid (Chopper)

http://www.rebelscum...ars/image48.asp

The Empire:

The Inquisitor's Tie fighter:

Small base

Pilot: The Inquisitor, agent Kallus

upgrades:

http://www.rebelscum...ars/image58.asp

#19 Janson

Janson

• Members
  • 123 posts

Posted 24 February 2014 - 06:55 PM

FYI for those on the fence about the new Rebels cartoon, I suggest you check out Clone Wars. Rebels is made by by the same people and Clone Wars was actually voted 89 out of 100 in IGN's top animated series of all time.

#20 zathras23

zathras23

• Members
  • 533 posts

Posted 24 February 2014 - 10:44 PM

And good news for Clone Wars fans that have Netflix. Season 6, in 13 episodes, will be available on Netflix starting on March 7th. So now we'll get a proper ending to the series instead of having it cut short.

• SteveSpikes and Khyros like this

© 2013 Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc. Fantasy Flight Games and the FFG logo are ® of Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc.  All rights reserved.
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Contact | User Support | Rules Questions | Help | RSS