Posted 20 February 2014 - 04:40 AM

One step closer to shipping!
  • RealShinigami, Digitalkiller, Darthfish and 3 others like this

#2 pgarfunkle

pgarfunkle

• Members
  • 94 posts

Posted 20 February 2014 - 05:15 AM

Woohoo, even gianter space battles here we come!

Watch your mouth kid, or you’ll find yourself floating home

Rebels: 6 X-Wings, 4 Y-Wings, 3 A-Wings, 2 B-Wings, 2 HWKs, 2 YT-1300, 2 Transports, 1 Blockade Runner

Imperials 7 Fighters, 5 Interceptors, 2 Bombers, 2 Advanceds, 1 Shuttle, 1 Firespray

On order: 3 Rebel Aces

#3 Swedge

Swedge

• Members
  • 511 posts

Posted 20 February 2014 - 05:42 AM

cool....   wonder if they light up and make noises..lol    my Hasbro one does..... just saying... maybe that's part of the new epic format.. Lights and sound!!!!! lol 

anybody in the Sumter S.C. area???

#4 DarkGuard

DarkGuard

• Members
  • 154 posts

Posted 20 February 2014 - 05:50 AM

All my ships come with sound...... I might be making the sounds though. Vroom. Whoosh pew pews
  • Revanchist, Swedge, Duke of Advil and 3 others like this

#5 Jehan Menasis

Jehan Menasis

• Members
  • 509 posts

Posted 20 February 2014 - 06:07 AM

Come on, FFG! Tease us something!

Any pilot so we can discuss how overpowered/underpowered it is, or any upgrade to start a heated debate about how it works/doesn't work will do.

• Hrathen, Revanchist, Ken at Sunrise and 5 others like this

#6 SheepDog

SheepDog

• Members
  • 122 posts

Posted 20 February 2014 - 06:47 AM

Nice job FFG.  Now give us some info to chew on while we wait.

Once again, nice job.  Very happy with how ya'll been running things.

"Shut up and take my money"

#7 RealShinigami

RealShinigami

• Members
  • 89 posts

Posted 20 February 2014 - 10:00 AM

Also,

get your slaves rowing faster on your damn transport ships!!!

I will DIE of anticipation if the Rebel Transport and Tantive 4 will be on the DAMN boat aslong as the Aces have been!!!!!

But other then that, good work, cant wait! :D

#8 Digitalkiller

Digitalkiller

• Members
  • 236 posts

Posted 20 February 2014 - 10:08 AM

Nice, just wondering why there isn't information about the tantive yet....

----------------

In a country... far... far... away

#9 Sithborg

Sithborg

• Members
  • 1,535 posts

Posted 20 February 2014 - 10:13 AM

Probably because they wanted to stretch out the preview articles as long as possible.

#10 NotBatman

NotBatman

• Members
  • 109 posts

Posted 20 February 2014 - 10:49 AM

Also,

get your slaves rowing faster on your damn transport ships!!!

I will DIE of anticipation if the Rebel Transport and Tantive 4 will be on the DAMN boat aslong as the Aces have been!!!!!

But other then that, good work, cant wait! :D

Aces have only been on the boat for, like, three weeks...

#11 Darthfish

Darthfish

• Members
  • 254 posts

Posted 20 February 2014 - 10:52 AM

Sounds like a bad motivator. It's not my fault, they told me they fixed it!
  • Hrathen and Crabbok like this

#12 Voodooking

Voodooking

• Members
  • 4 posts

Posted 20 February 2014 - 05:04 PM

I see 2 rebel ships but what I want to know is where is the Star Destroyer.....Then we could have fleet scale battles on 10' x 10' tables

Rebellion: 2 X-wing, 2 A-wing,1 YT-1300

Imperial : 3 TIE fighters, 1 TIE advanced Fighter, 1 Firespray

And Building

#13 HunterEste

HunterEste

• Members
  • 329 posts

Posted 20 February 2014 - 05:11 PM

It's cool....but not $90 cool, I'm not going to get hyped until it's been printed and in play a bit. Going to wait to see how it's used/battle reports on it.

I'm also not really exceited about the Rebel Transport.

This game is a starfighter dogfighting minis game at heart, the more capital ships introdiced, the further we edge away from it. Once IMP capital ships start showing up, I'm sure we going to start seeing capital ship vs capital ship builds/tournies/etc etc. I don't think fighters will EVER get pushed away in favor of capital starship battles, but...it does water down the heart of the game.

#14 Vorpal Sword

Vorpal Sword

O frabjous day!

• Members
  • 2,311 posts

Posted 20 February 2014 - 05:41 PM

This game is a starfighter dogfighting minis game at heart, the more capital ships introdiced, the further we edge away from it. Once IMP capital ships start showing up, I'm sure we going to start seeing capital ship vs capital ship builds/tournies/etc etc. I don't think fighters will EVER get pushed away in favor of capital starship battles, but...it does water down the heart of the game.

They've been pretty clear that the Transport and Corvette will only show up in Epic game formats, so regular tournaments will still be just fighters.

#15 Audio Weasel

Audio Weasel

• Members
  • 709 posts

Posted 20 February 2014 - 05:47 PM

I really wish they would feed us some info on how the Epic format is going to work

• Darthfish likes this

Current Fleet:

Rebel: 4 A-Wings, 4 B-Wings, 2 HWK-290's, 3 YT-1300s, 4 X-Wings, 2 Y-Wing, 1 Tantive IV, 1 Rebel Transport, 4 E-Wing, 5 Z-95 

Imperial:  3 Lambda Shuttles,  2 Firespray-31's, 3 Tie Advanced, 4 Tie Bombers, 6 Tie Fighters, 2 Tie Interceptors,   2 Imperials Aces, 4 TIE Phantom, 4 TIE Defender

On Pre-order:2 Z-95, 2 Rebel Aces, 2 YT-2400, 2 Decimator

#16 Sithborg

Sithborg

• Members
  • 1,535 posts

Posted 20 February 2014 - 05:50 PM

Sadly, the Transport preview essentially said that would be coming later, as the next article based on the Transport contents looks to focus on the X-wing.

#17 HunterEste

HunterEste

• Members
  • 329 posts

Posted 20 February 2014 - 06:13 PM

They've been pretty clear that the Transport and Corvette will only show up in Epic game formats, so regular tournaments will still be just fighters.

For now. Companies change their minds contantly, especially when profit is involved.

#18 Sithborg

Sithborg

• Members
  • 1,535 posts

Posted 20 February 2014 - 06:21 PM

Yes they do. But FFG does like their separate formats. So I don't see why they would try to fit these ships into the standard 100pt format, when they were designed to only work in their new format? We don't even know the rules for the Epic format yet.

I mean, I don't foresee them making the SWLCG Challenge decks legal in the normal game, so why would they move these ships down to the standard 100pt format?

#19 Crabbok

Crabbok

• Members
  • 1,096 posts

Posted 20 February 2014 - 06:28 PM

I'd love to see a layout for the Tantive that shows up a preview of the cards they are gonna ship with it!  

• Darthfish likes this

© 2013 Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc. Fantasy Flight Games and the FFG logo are ® of Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc.  All rights reserved.
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Contact | User Support | Rules Questions | Help | RSS