• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 drallcome

drallcome

• Members
  • 48 posts

Posted 19 February 2014 - 03:06 PM

Hello ,

I was wondering if anyone could provide some thoughts about the game masters guide , don't want to get it if it's just the tome of adventure .

#2 Emirikol

Emirikol

~Ĉiam subskribi antaŭ-nup kun Fimir

• Members
  • 5,101 posts

Posted 19 February 2014 - 04:20 PM

It is just the tome of adventure with randomized % charts of disease, mutation, wounds, insanities. It has the same adventure as the Tome of Adventure.  Ther are a few extra bits of "free advice" in there.

I bought it for completion and got the PDF as well.  

• Keeop likes this

#3 r_b_bergstrom

r_b_bergstrom

• Members
  • 505 posts

Posted 19 February 2014 - 06:11 PM

90% of it is drawn from Tome of Adventure.  There's also one chapter from Signs of Faith, one chapter from Winds of Magic, and a two pages from the GM's Toolkit.

There's a tiny little bit of new GMing advice, and some better examples for a few concepts, but most of the new content is one to two sentences on each topic.  If you're having a hard time wrapping your head around Rally Steps, 3-Act Episodes, and/or the Party Tension meter, you may find the new bits helpful. If you understand those already, or dislike them enough to have already house-ruled them away, you'll find nothing of use in the "new" content.

It's the weakest of the 3 Guides, and the only one I regret buying.

#4 Kainus

Kainus

• Members
  • 127 posts

Posted 19 February 2014 - 06:46 PM

If you want to use the Mutation and Disease Rules, but have no desire to buy the Winds of Magic and Signs of Faith supplements, I would reccomend it. Space and accessibility is also incredibly necessary for me (college student, etc.), so being able to leave the Tome of Adventure, Liber Mutatis, and Liber Pestilence (or whatever) at home is very useful.

In retrospect, however, I would just purchase the pdf and print out the pages you need. 

• Emirikol likes this
"The union of art and action is death." -Yukio Mishima
Roleplaying games are the most tragic artform.
They represent the death of the folkloric tradition, the understanding that beuacracy touches our identity in ways that the individual can not seperate from themselves. That we can become abstracted into statistics so easily, yet we still demand to tell stories in light of this- because of this. The distinction between human and system has become seamless.
When we roleplay together, we mourn ourselves- how we can no longer communicate without a defined social system- be it race, gender, class, consumer, employer, Game Master, or player. We mourn our human synthesis with systems by employing them to tell stories. It helps us embrace our modern humanity like no other artform.

#5 Yivrael

Yivrael

• Members
  • 275 posts

Posted 20 February 2014 - 08:43 AM

Not one of FFG's better efforts.  

© 2013 Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc. Fantasy Flight Games and the FFG logo are ® of Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc.  All rights reserved.
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Contact | User Support | Rules Questions | Help | RSS