having trouble finding an answer

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 c2acke2

c2acke2

• Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 19 February 2014 - 06:55 AM

I'm new to AGoT and I'm having trouble finding out if there is a limit to how many characters/locations you can have in play at one time. Most setup pictures lead me to believe that you can have 8 total, but I haven't seen it written anywhere. Also, if there is a limit, can you remove cards from play during marshaling to make room for other cards that you would like to put into play?

#2 -Istaril

-Istaril

• Members
  • 810 posts

Posted 19 February 2014 - 07:07 AM

There is no limit (Well, the limit is the number of them you have in your deck, and your deck, by tournament rules, is supposed to be no bigger than you can shuffle without mechanical assistance).

Functionally, though, because the plots "Valar Morghulis", events like "Westeros Bleeds" (the Hard resets), and soft resets like "Wildfire Assault" are so prominent in the game, overextending your board position is often unadvisable.

#3 c2acke2

c2acke2

• Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 19 February 2014 - 07:14 AM

Thanks. That's what I thought, but wasn't sure.

#4 Matasica

Matasica

• Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 23 February 2014 - 11:07 AM

I have a question: what happens after the first round? I couldn't find that in any tutorial. All of them explains the 7 steps, and then it said, we go back to step one; but how? The cards remains on the table, or we put them back in the deck and shuffle, and pick up another 7?

#5 Khudzlin

Khudzlin

• Members
  • 1,446 posts

Posted 23 February 2014 - 12:00 PM

They stay on the table. In the 2nd round, you select your plot from the remaining ones.

#6 ktom

ktom

• Members
  • 7,761 posts

Posted 23 February 2014 - 12:28 PM

It may be a little confusing in the tutorial, but "Step 1" is the plot phase - where you choose one of your seven plots to be the plot for the round - not the setup process where you draw 7 cards and put out 5 gold worth of stuff. Setup is a one-time thing. Starting the second round with all the stuff from the first round still on the table is just like starting the first round (by picking a plot) with all the stuff from setup on the table.

© 2013 Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc. Fantasy Flight Games and the FFG logo are ® of Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc.  All rights reserved.
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Contact | User Support | Rules Questions | Help | RSS