Photo

Dangerous Covenants off the boat and SHIPPING!!

• Please log in to reply
288 replies to this topic

#21 themensch

themensch

• Members
  • 507 posts

Posted 20 February 2014 - 10:15 PM

I hate to rub salt into your wounds but usps does show this package is in my city at the sorting facility.

Holy moly, I know right where that is, too - not far!  Why, I could drive up there right now!

• jerrypocalypse likes this

#22 Ahrimon

Ahrimon

• Members
  • 234 posts

Posted 20 February 2014 - 10:19 PM

The reason for this is that Amazon is not actually selling the RPG products.  All the entries that are being sold "from amazon" is being done through their fulfillment program.  This means that the product has to go from the distributer, to whatever company has decided to sell the product on amazon, then get packaged up and sent to amazon, and then amazon has to get it to their warehouse and process it before it's available for sale.

There's horrid lag time involved in all that, and then the seller can set whatever price they want on the product.  And since amazon is taking a cut they can't set it at a price that other online retailers could aford to sell it to you directly for.

True, but with larger game companies the products are available from amazon WAY before release date.  It's like amazon has no freaking clue that these books are coming out.  Maybe FFG isn't publishing upcoming books in some great upcoming book database or something.

The only way to get the books is through the smaller sellers on amazon.  A few weeks after release date, they will eventually show up available from amazon, not just an affiliate, but amazon itself.  The affiliate program will show sold by X and fullfilled by amazon.

#23 MandalorynOranj

MandalorynOranj

• Members
  • 205 posts

Posted 20 February 2014 - 11:48 PM

It's not for sale on Miniature Market yet either.

#24 Shamrock

Shamrock

• Members
  • 315 posts

Posted 21 February 2014 - 12:34 AM

Yeah, I wasn't going to say anything but .... usps says I'll get it tomorrow

1) you cursed yourself.   2) if somehow you didn't curse yourself a post as to what species are included would put you on my list of favorite people on the boards, right quick like. 

Seriously though, I hope you do get it.

• jerrypocalypse likes this

Be well,

Sham

#25 themensch

themensch

• Members
  • 507 posts

Posted 21 February 2014 - 08:09 AM

1) you cursed yourself.  

Yeah, I wasn't going to say anything but when someone else mentioned it was shipping I thought I wouldn't be alone.  Well, my copy of EtU was a week late, perhaps this is just the universe leveling out.

#26 Atraangelis

Atraangelis

• Members
  • 295 posts

Posted 21 February 2014 - 09:03 AM

Any one got DC yet???

SPEAK!!!..

Obsidian Portal:Unforeseen Fates

#27 Tycho120

Tycho120

• Members
  • 103 posts

Posted 21 February 2014 - 01:05 PM

Seriously looking forward to this one
Rebel Alliance: 5 X-Wings, 2 Y-Wings, 2 A-Wings, 2 B-Wings, E-Wing, 2 Z-95, YT-1300, HWK-290, GR-75, CR90

Galactic Empire: 8 TIE Fighters, TIE Advanced, 4 TIE Interceptors, 2 TIE Bombers, TIE Defender, TIE Phantom, Lambda Shuttle, Firespray 31

#28 Desslok

Desslok

• Members
  • 1,556 posts

Posted 21 February 2014 - 02:38 PM

Well, by all indications, my FLGS will be getting their copies sometime in the next couple of days. So, the waiting continues. . . .

#29 themensch

themensch

• Members
  • 507 posts

Posted 21 February 2014 - 02:53 PM

Ye Olde USPS says it's been delivered, and here I am, sitting in my office. 

• Desslok, kaosoe and jerrypocalypse like this

#30 themensch

themensch

• Members
  • 507 posts

Posted 21 February 2014 - 07:04 PM

Page 36: Hired Gun Signature Ability Tree and a sweet picture

You guys really want me to spoil the rest of the surprise?  Some surprises with races, what appears to be a lot of sweet guns and gear, and nearly 10 pages of vehicles.  

• progressions, polyheadronman and jerrypocalypse like this

#31 Lathrop

Lathrop

• Members
  • 428 posts

Posted 21 February 2014 - 07:08 PM

I'm particularly interested in any Critical 1 or 2 Blaster Pistols, or if there's a whip in there - I needs me a complete Indiana Jones.

But spoiling everything is good too.  :D

#32 polyheadronman

polyheadronman

• Members
  • 202 posts

Posted 21 February 2014 - 07:13 PM

I'm not spoiler friendly, but I know how to skip past a thread.  Now that I know someone has it, I can begin to pester my FLGS!  Let's just hope the lag in shipping time for Canada is minimal!

"Evil will always triumph, because good is dumb."

#33 themensch

themensch

• Members
  • 507 posts

Posted 21 February 2014 - 07:16 PM

I'm particularly interested in any Critical 1 or 2 Blaster Pistols, or if there's a whip in there - I needs me a complete Indiana Jones.

There is one crit 2 pistol, but sadly no neuronic whip.  

9 pages of new weapons though, some awesome stuff in here.  I don't even know where to begin!

#34 tranDOSHan

tranDOSHan

• Members
  • 3 posts

Posted 21 February 2014 - 07:19 PM

Absolutely spoil everything!

#35 HappyDaze

HappyDaze

• Members
  • 6,073 posts

Posted 21 February 2014 - 07:20 PM

There is one crit 2 pistol, but sadly no neuronic whip.  

9 pages of new weapons though, some awesome stuff in here.  I don't even know where to begin!

New Species are always a good place to start (and the stats are easy enough to post). Also, descriptions of the new Specializations - what's an Enforcer or Heavy actually intended to do?

Ignore, Ignore, you must learn Ignore!

Now Ignoring: Nobody.

#36 themensch

themensch

• Members
  • 507 posts

Posted 21 February 2014 - 07:26 PM

Let me have a beer and some reading time and I'll get back to you - surely you can all understand my glee at just the artwork!

Dun dun dun!  :lol:

#37 Ahrimon

Ahrimon

• Members
  • 234 posts

Posted 21 February 2014 - 07:46 PM

Nooooo!  Must have spoilers!  Gimme Gimme Gimme!!

#38 Dex Vulen

Dex Vulen

• Members
  • 465 posts

Posted 21 February 2014 - 07:50 PM

/continues tapping foot patiently

Proud Member of the Gand Anti-Defamation League.

#39 sonovabith

sonovabith

• Members
  • 62 posts

Posted 21 February 2014 - 07:51 PM

At least species please? Oh come on, what kind of a monster are you? An Aqualish? A Gamorrean perhaps? No? How about Barabel (wink wink)?

#40 Yoshiyahu

Yoshiyahu

• Members
  • 485 posts

Posted 21 February 2014 - 09:19 PM

Of course, it is possible that themensch is just trolling us all. Tee hee.

• Doc, the Weasel and sonovabith like this

CorellianCrafts.com is now live! Be sure to check it out for hand-made Star Wars dice bags and accessories!

© 2013 Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc. Fantasy Flight Games and the FFG logo are ® of Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc.  All rights reserved.
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Contact | User Support | Rules Questions | Help | RSS