Photo

Dangerous Covenants off the boat and SHIPPING!!

• Please log in to reply
288 replies to this topic

#281 FootNote

FootNote

• Members
  • 257 posts

Posted 05 March 2014 - 12:25 PM

Most body armor has the straps built in for variety of attachments which takes the place of a load bearing vest.  But those are really only used in combat situations and when deployed for war.  In more peacetime activity, to include base security, load bearing vests are still used.

Sorry, LBV's are not used in base security. DA Guards, DA Police, and Military Police are used for base security. All police gear. Granted LBV's are still used in training.

Huh, so I guess I'm just imagining things when I drive onto base every day?

Yes, yes you are. You really should get your eyes checked. Shouldn't be driving like that.

ok ok I spoke out of my ass, I should have realized its different everywhere. Cant say I have seen actual military gear on the gates in years though.

"Everything Flows down leash...." -Anonymous 

FootNote's Custom Droids

#282 Ahrimon

Ahrimon

• Members
  • 234 posts

Posted 05 March 2014 - 02:45 PM

:D   It's all good footnote.  I should have added a smiley on the end there.  I know every place is different.  I see a lot of the guards at my base that do use them, but down the road, the army base uses rent-a-cops.  I do see them less frequently these days.  I think they're fading from use now that most of the body armor has attachment straps built in.

#283 FootNote

FootNote

• Members
  • 257 posts

Posted 05 March 2014 - 03:14 PM

:D   It's all good footnote.  I should have added a smiley on the end there.  I know every place is different.  I see a lot of the guards at my base that do use them, but down the road, the army base uses rent-a-cops.  I do see them less frequently these days.  I think they're fading from use now that most of the body armor has attachment straps built in.

I honestly really liked the LBV if you could get it to fit right. With the new body armor it is pointless though.

"Everything Flows down leash...." -Anonymous 

FootNote's Custom Droids

#284 Green Leader

Green Leader

• Members
  • 33 posts

Posted 09 March 2014 - 12:50 PM

I don't suppose anyone would be willing to tell me how the three new specializations for the Hired Gun are described? Such like the Archaeologist is described as "The Thirst for Discovery," or the Bodyguard is "Personal Defender."

I'm putting together a quick reference list for new players, and I'm still waiting for my copy of the book. I'd appreciate it!

#285 2P51

2P51

• Members
  • 3,551 posts

Posted 09 March 2014 - 01:03 PM

Enforcers have a "fondness for violence", but exercise "self control" and use violence as a "tool" for achieving their goals along with words laced with "venom".

Demolitionists are not "mindless destroyers", but "artists", versed in the science of "combustion and explosion".  

Heavies are "direct" in their approach to combat and "straightforward" in their dealings with people.  They serve as a virtual "light battle tank".

• Dyslexic Dragon likes this

My group's Obsidian Portal campaign site: It's All in the Trigger Squeeze

#286 Andrew_Grim

Andrew_Grim

• Members
  • 12 posts

Posted 09 March 2014 - 02:32 PM

I have my fingers crossed for Monday- with the Miniatures Market delay in shipping (which is understandable), and UPS misplacing a trailer

Andrew Grim

Credo Quia Absurdum

#287 nultaar

nultaar

• Members
  • 33 posts

Posted 09 March 2014 - 03:18 PM

I picked a copy up from the13thfloor in the uk after amazon pushed the delivery date back, it arrived the next day. I'm hoping that the new Dark Heresy books keep up the same production level.

#288 Lickintoad

Lickintoad

• Members
  • 97 posts

Posted 17 March 2014 - 03:51 PM

Very happy to see the Demolitionist in the book is a Weequay.  Intentional or not, it's a nice nod to Tanno Vik, the Trooper companion in The Old Republic.  He's a character that definitely belongs in an Edge of the Empire book, rather than an Age of Rebellion book.

#289 2P51

2P51

• Members
  • 3,551 posts

Posted 17 March 2014 - 09:59 PM

I thought it was a great book.  It seemed a bit better than EtU, although in fairness I was looking forward to it more.  Can't wait for the rest.  Just a lot of depth added to each career is really nice.

• Colyer and Grimmshade like this

My group's Obsidian Portal campaign site: It's All in the Trigger Squeeze

© 2013 Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc. Fantasy Flight Games and the FFG logo are ® of Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc.  All rights reserved.
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Contact | User Support | Rules Questions | Help | RSS